Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, snafu said:

When the people in Plato's Cave Allegory came back into the cave from seeing the outside world, didn't the people who were still inside the cave kill them when they reported what wonders there were?

Of course.  

My wife was in the ER recently, and they ordered a pregnancy test.  She can't have kids.  She commented that if it came back positive, we'd be rich.  I told her "No, if it comes back positive, we're going to be burned at the stake as heretics."  Those in the know always get persecuted by those that aren't.  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man gets the shit beat out of him for being an arrogant know-it-all.

...HOWEVER...

In the land of the blind, the blind man who claims to be one-eyed also gets the shit beat out of him, for being a lying little shit.  

So getting the shit beat out of you in the land of the blind does not ipso facto mean you're one-eyed.  Just as easily means you're a blind @$$h@l& who deserves a beating.

Now who needs to be called an idiot today?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Is there a "Secretariat of Golf, Beaches and Recreation" office that needs to be filled?

I don't need to be the head.  An Undersecretary job would be fine.

That's what the presidency is for.  Duh.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course.  

My wife was in the ER recently, and they ordered a pregnancy test.  She can't have kids.  She commented that if it came back positive, we'd be rich.  I told her "No, if it comes back positive, we're going to be burned at the stake as heretics."  Those in the know always get persecuted by those that aren't.  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man gets the shit beat out of him for being an arrogant know-it-all.

...HOWEVER...

In the land of the blind, the blind man who claims to be one-eyed also gets the shit beat out of him, for being a lying little shit.  

So getting the shit beat out of you in the land of the blind does not ipso facto mean you're one-eyed.  Just as easily means you're a blind @$$h@l& who deserves a beating.

I think that would be a first for me.

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course.  

...HOWEVER...

Is the wife ok?

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course.  

...HOWEVER...

Hope all is good for your wife 

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

* Yes, any species that can cross the distance of space, would likely be able to wipe us out without breaking a sweat. There would be many ways they could do it without having to make their presence known to us. 

So long as Zephram Cochrane has his shotgun, we'll be fine when the Vulcans invade.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Cinga said:

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds as well? So much more advanced they can travel across galaxies and yet, they still crash and burn? :hysterical:

Sorry, not picking on you, just how preposterous that sounds

• Haha 5

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Koko said:

So long as Zephram Cochrane has his shotgun, we'll be fine when the Vulcans invade.

It’s been a long road…

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

She's okay.  Kidney stone.

And funny thing...ambulance was taking her away, and the Spanish-speaking guys next-door saw and asked what was wrong.  And I realized...I don't know how to say "stone" in Spanish.  I know it in Greek (lithos), and Xhosa/Zulu (litye).  But not Spanish.

How the &#%$ do I know how to say "stone" in an obscure African language distantly related to Swahili, but not Spanish?  :facepalm:  I am seriously weird.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And funny thing...ambulance was taking her away, and the Spanish-speaking guys next-door saw and asked what was wrong.  And I realized...I don't know how to say "stone" in Spanish.  I know it in Greek (lithos), and Xhosa/Zulu (litye).  But not Spanish.

How the &#%$ do I know how to say "stone" in an obscure African language distantly related to Swahili, but not Spanish?  :facepalm:  I am seriously weird.

Calculos renales

I'm sure this is a totally natural mutation of ticks that make people allergic to red meat and dairy only?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/mysterious-illness-triggered-tick-bite-affect-thousands-many-doctors-unaware

The condition is called Alpha-Gal Syndrome (AGS) — also known as the "red-meat allergy" or the "tick bite meat allergy." It begins with a bite from the Lone Star tick, found primarily in Southeastern and Eastern states. 

The tick’s saliva contains a sugar molecule called alpha-gal, which is injected into the body with the bite. This triggers allergies to certain types of red meat (primarily pork, beef, rabbit, lamb or venison) or products made from mammals (including cheese, milk, other dairy products and gelatin)

When people eat any foods containing the allergens, they can experience serious allergy symptoms within a few hours.

If I get it, just give me one last medium-rare T-Bone and let me die in peace

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wait.....You DON'T know it all? I feel like I don't even know you now!!

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Cinga said:

I'm sure this is a totally natural mutation of ticks that make people allergic to red meat and dairy only?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/mysterious-illness-triggered-tick-bite-affect-thousands-many-doctors-unaware

If I get it, just give me one last medium-rare T-Bone and let me die in peace

It's not even a mutation.  It was identified years ago as an allergic reaction to a natural sugar in the tick's saliva (funny enough, identified because of a cross-reaction to the same sugar in an IV chemo drug).

The CDC's warning is new, but it's not like there's some sort of alpha-gal tick crisis going on.  They must be bored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nouseforaname
52 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh boy, this one might be the post of the month

The aliens are clearly the Federation and not the Ferrengi.