Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Makes you think, when you understand that we can only perceive 4% of what makes up the Universe.

...The standard model today holds that “normal” matter — the stuff that makes up people and planets and everything else we can see — constitutes only about 4 percent of the universe. The rest is invisible stuff called dark matter and dark energy (roughly 27 percent and 68 percent). ...

That we are so far off in our understanding of only 4%, should make one's mind have a brain fart at what the other 96% may entail .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

Makes you think, when you understand that we can only perceive 4% of what makes up the Universe.

That we are so far off in our understanding of only 4%, should make one's mind have a brain fart at what the other 96% may entail .

We can only see 4%.

96% of matter in the universe doesn't radiate.  Doesn't mean we can't perceive it - we do perceive it.  "Dark matter" is just that - matter that is dark.  We see the gravitational effect, though.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

We can only see 4%.

96% of matter in the universe doesn't radiate.  Doesn't mean we can't perceive it - we do perceive it.  "Dark matter" is just that - matter that is dark.  We see the gravitational effect, though.

So Dark Matter is kinda like a fart

You can't see it, but you can perceive it

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, devnull said:

So Dark Matter is kinda like a fart

You can't see it, but you can perceive it

In my experience dark matter is the result of a fart gone wrong.

Horribly horribly wrong.

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

We can only see 4%.

It does explain the Sabres goaltending since Miller left.

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

We can only see 4%.

They only "perceive" it based on the belief in an expanding and contracting universe theory to fit the billions of years fallacy.

We can't see a gravitational affect, it is merely a theory with no real scientific basis. What we can see is an expanding universe but to fit the model of the universe always existing they had to also theorize that if it expands it must therefore contract as well so they made up dark matter and energy to claim that once we are done expanding, the universe then begins to collapse under it's own "weight" only to then explode again

Yes, I'm a Creationist but there are a number of atheist and non-Christian/Jewish scientists that also now reject the dark theory. Quite simply, something cannot blow up, them reassemble and yes, it really is that simple

Crap Throwing Clavin
57 minutes ago, Cinga said:

They only "perceive" it based on the belief in an expanding and contracting universe theory to fit the billions of years fallacy.

We can't see a gravitational affect, it is merely a theory with no real scientific basis. What we can see is an expanding universe but to fit the model of the universe always existing they had to also theorize that if it expands it must therefore contract as well so they made up dark matter and energy to claim that once we are done expanding, the universe then begins to collapse under it's own "weight" only to then explode again

Yes, I'm a Creationist but there are a number of atheist and non-Christian/Jewish scientists that also now reject the dark theory. Quite simply, something cannot blow up, them reassemble and yes, it really is that simple

We can see a gravitational effect.  Dark matter was first identified as "missing mass" (which was a dumb name, since it wasn't "missing," it just wasn't radiating) by Vera Rubin's measurements of galactic rotation curves in the '80s.  That's independent of any cosmological theory - it's not cosmologically derived, it's a hard empirical observation at a different scale, not a theory.  

hey had to also theorize that if it expands it must therefore contract as well so they made up dark matter and energy to claim that once we are done expanding, the universe then begins to collapse under it's own "weight" only to then explode again

Just the opposite.  "Dark energy" (which is even dumber than "missing mass") was made up to explain the accelerating expansion of the universe - it's a repulsive, not an attractive, force.  "Dark energy" prohibits the universe's collapsing back in on itself.  

"Dark energy" is also, unlike dark matter, a complete hack.  It's not even a theory, it's a band-aid on the existing cosmological inflationary theory to cover up a completely unknown and not understood phenomenon (and it may not even be a real phenomenon, since recent observations are seeing objects that are "older" than the known universe.)  

Dark matter is a real thing, and can be observed reliably on scales much smaller than "the universe."  "Dark energy" is a great big pile of bullshit, and eventually it will be discarded as a concept, as it's going to force them to discard inflationary theory as a whole.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Foxx said:

Aren't our perceptions limited by our senses? Something that can only be explained conceptually or theoretically by humans could be totally obvious or common place to beings with different types of sense organs.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The fall of the US started with Paper Clip.

They took their time, knowing they could, and infiltrated all elements of our institutions and power structures. After almost two decades of their slow creep, they executed Kennedy to cement their power in the USIC, and have been driving the train ever since then.

Not the same individuals (obviously), the same ideology and belief systems - driven by hand picked successors. 

And it was all started by the desire to do what? "Beat the Soviets". 

Funny that.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Aren't our perceptions limited by our senses? Something that can only be explained conceptually or theoretically by humans could be totally obvious or common place to beings with different types of sense organs.

calling @4merper4mer

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The fall of the US started with Paper Clip.

They took their time, knowing they could, and infiltrated all elements of our institutions and power structures. After almost two decades of their slow creep, they executed Kennedy to cement their power in the USIC, and have been driving the train ever since then.

Not the same individuals (obviously), the same ideology and belief systems - driven by hand picked successors. 

Funny that.

So then, Newsom will be the 2024 D candidate?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
25 minutes ago, snafu said:

I think it's possible, if not likely.

And even though this is a somewhat fun/silly thread, I'll clarify a little further and say that despite what I posted above, that doesn't mean I'm saying this is the only group pulling strings behind the scenes. Or, the better analogy which I've used before, they're just one mafia "family" of many "families" that vie for power behind the scenes. It's just this group seized control of the USIC from the 1960s on - and the USIC is one of the biggest bullies on the block, making this group one of the more influential and powerful. 

That's a long way of saying there are other interests who will have a say in how that shakes out. They don't all get along or agree. 

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, snafu said:

Newsome and DeSantis are actually going to debate each other on 11/30. Being billed as Red vs Blue state, but it sure seems like the Newsome balloon is slowly being pumped full of helium.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think it's possible, if not likely.

And even though this is a somewhat fun/silly thread, I'll clarify a little further and say that despite what I posted above, that doesn't mean I'm saying this is the only group pulling strings behind the scenes. Or, the better analogy which I've used before, they're just one mafia "family" of many "families" that vie for power behind the scenes. It's just this group seized control of the USIC from the 1960s on - and the USIC is one of the biggest bullies on the block, making this group one of the more influential and powerful. 

That's a long way of saying there are other interests who will have a say in how that shakes out. They don't all get along or agree. 

All I'm saying is that nobody would be throwing dirt on Newsom if he wasn't a likely candidate.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny that.

Except Patton had it right.  Membership in the Nazi Party wasn't all that different from membership in the Democratic party.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Except Patton had it right.  Membership in the Nazi Party wasn't all that different from membership in the Democratic party.

Yeah, all those guys were simply "go along to get along" people.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

🔥

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yeah, all those guys were simply "go along to get along" people.

Lots were.  You couldn't do your job without party membership.

Joining the Nazi party did not automatically turn one into a slavering beast.

• O Rly 1

22 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Lots were.  You couldn't do your job without party membership.

Joining the Nazi party did not automatically turn one into a slavering beast.

Hmmmm, tell us some other things you like about the Nazi Party..hmmmm.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Hmmmm, tell us some other things you like about the Nazi Party..hmmmm.

Yeah, that's pretty cute.  I can go on and on about how Trump isn't a Nazi, ad you'll all accept it. Apply the same knowledge and nuance un another context, and tou're all rudely, ignorantly dismissive of it.

• Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1