Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Jabba The Hutt
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a book designed for confirmation bias.  He actually presents some ideas that I've accepted in much better books - not necessarily agreed with, but conceded that the conclusion follows logically from the evidence presented.

He uses his conclusions to "justify" the evidence.  Usually by begging the question, often by using loaded language (sorry, Harari, but inter-species violence is not genocide or ethnic cleansing.  Chimpanzees do not ethnically cleanse baboons.)

Tell that to orangutans and gorillas...they put a hurting on ALL banana species🤣

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

This is a very long post with much documentation. I am on my phone so not fully functuonal at the moment, but I will copy the entire post, here, tomorrow.

MH370

gone-plaid.gif

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Foxx said:

This is a very long post with much documentation. I am on my phone so not fully functuonal at the moment, but I will copy the entire post, here, tomorrow.

MH370

"I'm misusing big words because I don't know what I'm talking about.  Let me list my fake credentials."

I wonder if this bozo can explain turbulence.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What would have made that thread even better would be if the OP had cited multiple balls (baseballs, basketballs, racquet balls, etc) somebody could hae replied...

The Earth is big, your balls are not

Edited by devnull
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, devnull said:

What would have made that thread even better would be if the OP had cited multiple balls (baseballs, basketballs, racquet balls, etc) somebody could hae replied...

The Sun is big, your balls are not

Speak for yourself...

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino

Just keeping score: A guy sleeping with a Chinese spy is allowed to serve on the Intelligence committee - but no members of congress are allowed to be read in on certain UAP programs according to the MiC/DoD. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just keeping score: A guy sleeping with a Chinese spy is allowed to serve on the Intelligence committee - but no members of congress are allowed to be read in on certain UAP programs according to the MiC/DoD. 

Well they did fail math.

• Haha 3

This is the second time I've come across this statement since Hamas attacked Israel.  Basically, the theory is that American Evangelicals are pro-Israel only because once Jews re-control Israel that will trigger the Rapture and all Jews will end up dead.  So, to be an Evangelical pro-Zionist = being anti Semitic.

For the People in the Back: Anti-Zionism Is Not Anti-Semitism (msn.com)

Many evangelicals are Christian Zionists who believe in Israel because they see its dominance and expansion as a critical prerequisite for the Rapture—one where all us Jews end up in hell. These are her allies. The most notorious anti-Semites are not in Students for Justice in Palestine, where many Jews have found a political home, but in the Republican base.

• clown 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, snafu said:

This is the second time I've come across this statement since Hamas attacked Israel.  Basically, the theory is that American Evangelicals are pro-Israel only because once Jews re-control Israel that will trigger the Rapture and all Jews will end up dead.  So, to be an Evangelical pro-Zionist = being anti Semitic.

Never heard the "Jews will end up dead" part...but yeah, the "Jews returning to Israel triggers the Rapture" is pretty common, particularly among the televangelist crowd (Pat Robertson espoused it frequently).

It's also fairly ridiculous.  The state of Israel, in that sort of prophesy, does not create the Rapture.  It is, at best, a precondition, and one that God himself is free to ignore.  

• Like 2