Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Taro T
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Was in college - in a statistical physics class, of all things - so we covered the paper as coursework when it came out.

I still remember when someone walked into class and said "Sandia Labs just reproduced the result," and you could have heard a pin drop.

Turned out, it was a real effect (phonon breaking, I think), and you could get measurable energy out of the lab experiment, but far less than you put in.  It sure as shit wasn't any sort of nuclear fusion.

I likely still have my class notes on that.  I should find them.  They're probably in the same box with my Odyssey magazine collection.

Exactly.  That it was producing a net gain in energy was the hoax.

Was in grad school at a top 10 rated engineering program and a LOT of people directed their efforts to cold fusion as there were oodles of money just waiting for whomever could perfect it.

My research wasn't in that field, but a significant portion of the department was involved.

• Like 1

devnull

New York Congressional Candidate says the quiet part out loud

"Even if we were to have a resounding blue wave come through, as many of us would like, putting it all back together again after we’ve gone through this MAGA nightmare and re-educating basically, which, that sounds like a rather, a re-education camp. I don’t think we really want call it that," she said during the Zoom townhall. "I’m sure we can find another way to phrase it."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-democrat-congressional-candidate-suggests-maga-supporters-go-re-education-camp

Re-education camps

But make sure we call it something friendlier

• Like 1
  • Angry 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

"Even if we were to have a resounding blue wave come through, as many of us would like, putting it all back together again after we’ve gone through this MAGA nightmare and re-educating basically, which, that sounds like a rather, a re-education camp. I don’t think we really want call it that," she said during the Zoom townhall. "I’m sure we can find another way to phrase it."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-democrat-congressional-candidate-suggests-maga-supporters-go-re-education-camp

Re-education camps

Umerziehunglager?

German always sounds friendlier.

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Re-education camps

All these "centrists", "traditional republicans and democrats", and "leftists" claiming that it's going to be difficult to "re-educate" MAGA folks don't stop for one second and wonder what happens if it's not MAGA who ultimately gets re-educated, but the elite, establishment worshiping goobers who got us into this mess in the first place. 

The left always overreaches and never considers the blowback.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The left always overreaches and never considers the blowback.

We're at the point that it probably no longer matters.

When the communists control the Executive branch (as seen even during 45's administration); control the Legislative branch through $, blackmail, and "elected" officials who hate America; ignore the Judicial branch except for when it can weaponized; control education at every level; control most major corporations; control most of the finance sector; control the military; control the media, social media, internet searches, AI, and most of the tech sector; control climate policies; control the social agenda; and control the "vote"...why would they care about overreach and blowback?

They played a brilliant long game, while we all believed it could never happen here.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

We're at the point that it probably no longer matters.

When the communists control the Executive branch (as seen even during 45's administration); control the Legislative branch through $, blackmail, and "elected" officials who hate America; ignore the Judicial branch except for when it can weaponized; control education at every level; control most major corporations; control most of the finance sector; control the military; control the media, social media, internet searches, AI, and most of the tech sector; control climate policies; control the social agenda; and control the "vote"...why would they care about overreach and blowback?

They played a brilliant long game, while we all believed it could never happen here.

Overreach and blowback was part of their long game.

Kill the filibuster, let Republicans exploit the absence of the filibuster, blame Republicans for their inability to filibuster.  Just one example.  

Once we got to "Defending Democracy," it was all but over.  We've been "Exporting Democracy" for a few decades now; how's that turned out for the countries we've exported democracy to?

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Betcha didn't know the Edmund Fitzgeraled was sabotaged for songwriting purposes...

the_wreck_of_the_edmund_fitzgerald.png

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 5
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Betcha didn't know the Edmund Fitzgeraled was sabotaged for songwriting purposes...

Next you're going to tell me that Gordon Lightfoot wasn't Native American.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nouseforaname

All this time LBJ was actually golda Meir.

It makes perfect sense.

• O Rly 1
  • Popcorn 2

Gavin in Va Beach
On 6/7/2024 at 3:51 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No Lightfoot couplet to go with this? You're slipping my friend...

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino

Gee, how to spot a liar in 2 minutes. 

First it's "I don't know who he is, never spent time with him" then it's, "I didn't like him because I thought he was putting the President (Clinton) at risk with all these young girls."

But remember, none of this is real, it's all tin foil hat stuff.

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
On 6/15/2024 at 2:58 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Was she at bohemian grove?

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Was she at bohemian grove?

I didn't pay attention to the guest list this year. I was focused on the hors d'oeuvres. They were delicious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I didn't pay attention to the guest list this year. I was focused on the hors d'oeuvres. They were delicious. 

Seems my invitation got lost once I switched from my home in bel air to Monaco.

• Haha 2