Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Chiefs look pretty good, but I think the Cardinals might be trash, so hard to tell…

It's both.  Chiefs have Mahomes, a great OLine, and an interesting defensive front 7.

Kliff Kingsbury is borderline retarded.

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I don’t understand why the Chiefs went for it on 4th and 2, but than had their punter try to kick a PAT.

• Cheers 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I don’t understand why the Chiefs am want for it on 4th and 2, but than had their punter try to kick a PAT.

He made the PAT on the 2nd TD.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's both.  Chiefs have Mahomes, a great OLine, and an interesting defensive front 7.

Kliff Kingsbury is borderline retarded.

That contract extension is the stupidest thing I’ve seen since Bill O’Brian was a shot caller. 

36 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nice job Cincinnati.  All you had to do was NOT SNAP THE BALL with a running clock and 15 seconds left on the play clock and you end up with a tie. 

I will literally sit on my couch and do your clock management for $250k a year.

Bungles have to bungle.  Explain why you would attempt a FG on 3rd down if you do not get another chance on 4th if you do not make it on 3rd down?  Did I miss something in that series?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That contract extension is the stupidest thing I’ve seen since Bill O’Brian was a shot caller. 

A good QB is tough to find, but the midget isn't the answer.  Problem is Kingsbury is tied at the hip with Murray, and he just doubled down.

• Like 1

Just now, Core Four said:

A good QB is tough to find, but the midget isn't the answer.  Problem is Kingsbury is tied at the hip with Murray, and he just doubled down.

I think Murray is a fine QB, but not elite and worth that money.

Kingsbury should have been fired after last year. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bungles have to bungle.  Explain why you would attempt a FG on 3rd down if you do not get another chance on 4th if you do not make it on 3rd down?  Did I miss something in that series?

I think he was probably worried about a bad snap and getting a second chance on 4th down if that was the case.  I'm with you on trying to get even closer or trying to score a TD to make that not a thing.

I'm still stuck on this:

How do you not take the 5 yard penalty and take all 15 of those seconds off the clock?  You ended up kicking the ball into the EZ anyway.

• Cheers 2

I think Murray is a fine QB, but not elite and worth that money.

Kingsbury should have been fired after last year. 

I agree with you.  Murray was never going to settle for a more modest contract extension.  When Kliff is fired, the Cards will be saddled with Murray's cap weight.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Old school analytics say that in case of a fumbled snap, you go for it on 3rd down.

• Like 2

Shockingly enough, the Packers Offense looks toothless without an elite WR. 

It's going to be a work in progress given the lack of experience.  I'd be even more concerned about the OLine in front of Rogers.  They're basically the anti-BILLS offensively.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The inevitable fallout between Kliff and Kyler when they go 8-9 is gonna be great. 

Its pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain how this is going to end…the only people it is apparently not obvious to is the Cardinals.

Kyler is a decent gadget style QB…would be interesting to develop him into a slash type player. But as a full time QB? He ain’t worth it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1