Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

27 minutes ago, Ann said:

The defense rested their case. 

The way this judge has operated it wouldn't surprise me in the jury returns a not guilty verdict and the prosecution objects Merchan will sustain and still throw Trump in jail

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4merper4mer
23 minutes ago, Cinga said:

The way this judge has operated it wouldn't surprise me in the jury returns a not guilty verdict and the prosecution objects Merchan will sustain and still throw Trump in jail

The jury is hand selected and Manhattanite.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Ann said:

I really love how Trump - one of the most annoyingly childish social media users ever - is crafting a solid defense using the childish social media posts of his persecutors.  

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 2

Holy shit, this new MAL doc dump is HUGE! The FBI was authorized to use deadly force and even engage Secret Service if necessary

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Wow 3
  • Popcorn 1

It was Merrick Garland that signed off on those Gestapo tactics

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Popcorn 2
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Holy shit, this new MAL doc dump is HUGE! The FBI was authorized to use deadly force and even engage Secret Service if necessary

Without seeing the marching orders for other raids, it's hard to know if trying to cover any eventuality is the way it is usually done, or if this is markedly different.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Without seeing the marching orders for other raids, it's hard to know if trying to cover any eventuality is the way it is usually done, or if this is markedly different.

This was not your average run of the mill FBI raid. It was on MAL and even had the intent to break into guest rooms to search and intimidate them. Have you ever heard of an agency of the government authorized to enter into armed conflict with another branch of government?

22 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Have you ever heard of an agency of the government authorized to enter into armed conflict with another branch of government?

No, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that I haven't heard about it. And it wouldn't surprise me if it has occurred, since various governmental organizations are their own fiefdoms that sometimes run at cross purposes. Obviously, this being a raid on a former POTUS makes the situation different than just about anything else, but again, I question what standard operating procedures are for covering various circumstances that can arise during a raid (not to mention the CYA aspect if things go sideways), and if they were followed or grossly violated. Given what we know about the DOJ, it's probably fair to assume that there are very shady aspects about this whole thing, but only knowing about this instance doesn't shed light on the magnitude of difference in how the MAL raid was handled.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Hedge said:

No, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that I haven't heard about it. And it wouldn't surprise me if it has occurred, since various governmental organizations are their own fiefdoms that sometimes run at cross purposes. Obviously, this being a raid on a former POTUS makes the situation different than just about anything else, but again, I question what standard operating procedures are for covering various circumstances that can arise during a raid (not to mention the CYA aspect if things go sideways), and if they were followed or grossly violated. Given what we know about the DOJ, it's probably fair to assume that there are very shady aspects about this whole thing, but only knowing only about this instance doesn't shed light on the magnitude of difference in how the MAL raid was handled.

In WW2, after the Eighth Air Force bombed the 30th Infantry Division one too many times, the 30th ID was authorized by General Leeland Hobbs to shoot back.

Just sayin'...

• Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In WW2, after the Eighth Air Force bombed the 30th Infantry Division one too many times, the 30th ID was authorized by General Leeland Hobbs to shoot back.

Just sayin'...

Not even remotely similar circumstances

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Which one of you is this? Totally normal, not a cult.

Dude, you have 250 posts in this thread in four months.  You're posting about Trump at three times the rate of anybody else here.  

We're not the ones here who are obsessing about him, you cornflake.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Cinga said:

Not even remotely similar circumstances

No shit buckwheat.  That was kind-of the joke.  :facepalm:

51 minutes ago, Cinga said:

That is truly crazy. Use deadly force over planted evidence boxes? And engage the SS? Oy. 

I assume these jokers expect an epic cheat in 2024 as they cannot allow Trump to become president again. 

• Sad 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 3

MothersMilk

If somehow in the twisted NYS justice system this becomes a guilty verdict do we see riots across the country? I sure hope not.

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

13 minutes ago, Ann said:

That is truly crazy. Use deadly force over planted evidence boxes? And engage the SS? Oy. 

I assume these jokers expect an epic cheat in 2024 as they cannot allow Trump to become president again. 

All to get back the declassified binder on RussiaGate that Trump still possesses... 

(This is, to me, the best working theory as to why this was so important to the FBI/DOJ beyond just tarnishing Trump's '24 run)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 5

RochesterRob
36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The death penalty has to be a real possibility in other than the most extreme cases.

• Cheers 2