Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Ann said:

He's ticked that Trump cracked down on pedo rings his first term, and doesn't want it to happen again after Biden allowed an influx?

Are most Hollywood actors disgusting human beings? 

More than you'd like to think - but not as many as you fear. (at least in my experience)

I think there's a certain level of fame where you have to really get on board with all sorts of things that would make people think twice. If you don't play ball, you can't sit at the "cool kids' table" and your career goes bye-bye. But then there's a bunch of levels below that one where you can still be (somewhat) normal and mind your business while still getting work. Kind of like politicians - once you reach a certain level of influence, they will either find something to control you with, or invent something to compromise and control you with.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
3 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

I'm surprised that DeNiro, a classic and excellent actor, made such an ass of himself to the world.

This suprised you why? He is a hard core liberal.

i'm still as confused as ever. i'm reading live updates on the closing the trial ... the biggest point so far making sense for a crime is that there was campaign contributions being inappropriately used but that's not a state issue and not the issue at the front of this case... at least i don't think so.

i really want to buy into there being something there that the state was looking at but i don't get it.

• Cheers 2

MothersMilk
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

This suprised you why? He is a hard core liberal.

I didn't know, that's why. Ever watched the Godfather 2? or countless other movies he was in. Had no idea he was a douche in real life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boyst said:

i'm still as confused as ever. i'm reading live updates on the closing the trial ... the biggest point so far making sense for a crime is that there was campaign contributions being inappropriately used but that's not a state issue and not the issue at the front of this case... at least i don't think so.

i really want to buy into there being something there that the state was looking at but i don't get it.

The Feds would not prosecute (it is a fine at most). This is not a state "crime." No one can explain what law(s) were broken at a state level.

Expect a conviction because #OrangeManBad

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

Just now, Ann said:

The Feds would not prosecute (it is a fine at most). This is not a state "crime." No one can explain what law(s) were broken at a state level.

Expect a conviction because #OrangeManBad

falsifying business records is a charge and likely happened. every business will do things like this, i'd bet.

5 minutes ago, Boyst said:

falsifying business records is a charge and likely happened. every business will do things like this, i'd bet.

This was supposedly under campaign finance. NYS has no say in that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

This was supposedly under campaign finance. NYS has no say in that. 

i'f i'm not mistaken they claimed that net worth and values in business filings for purchasing and transactions (not tax related) are related to the charges.

either way, he will be either be guilty or a hung jury.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
15 minutes ago, Boyst said:

i'f i'm not mistaken they claimed that net worth and values in business filings for purchasing and transactions (not tax related) are related to the charges.

either way, he will be either be guilty or a hung jury.

I've been skeptical that this is anything other than a distraction, but after following Jonathan Turley's feed, it's pretty clear  this jury is going to find Trump guilty of crimes the jury doesn't even understand themselves, all of which goes to hell on appeals...but it won't matter because it will be long after the "Trump goes to prison" story gets the largest megaphone hot and bothered.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've been skeptical that this is anything other than a distraction, but after following Jonathan Turley's feed, it's pretty clear  this jury is going to find Trump guilty of crimes the jury doesn't even understand themselves, all of which goes to hell on appeals...but it won't matter because it will be long after the "Trump goes to prison" story gets the largest megaphone hot and bothered.

Agree. Trump is convicted and is remanded pending a sentencing even just for a few hours to get another mugshot, another release from jail photo, the asterisk on his profile...

Or a hung jury that proves he is above the law and should not be above the people as POTUS. 

He will never be found not guilty 

• Boo 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

I didn't know, that's why. Ever watched the Godfather 2? or countless other movies he was in. Had no idea he was a douche in real life.

Anna Gunn is not a passive-aggressive wife of a drug lord; Matt Bomer is not a heterosexual polymath con artist; Patrick Stewart is neither a starship captain nor a psychic mutant; Keanu Reeves is not an indestructible hit man (more's the pity).

The character is not the actor.  

Unless you're Samuel L Jackson in Die Hard With a Vengeance.  Then the character is totally the actor.  

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Agree. Trump is convicted and is remanded pending a sentencing even just for a few hours to get another mugshot, another release from jail photo, the asterisk on his profile...

Or a hung jury that proves he is above the law and should not be above the people as POTUS. 

He will never be found not guilty 

The judge's instructions are going to amount to "find him guilty," issued to a Manhattan jury who doesn't like Trump to begin with. 

He'll be found guilty.  It won't hold up on appeal (at least, it shouldn't).  But he'll be found guilty.

• Applause 2

Deranged Rhino
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The judge's instructions are going to amount to "find him guilty," issued to a Manhattan jury who doesn't like Trump to begin with. 

He'll be found guilty.  It won't hold up on appeal (at least, it shouldn't).  But he'll be found guilty.

And he’ll go up another 20 points in the polls. 

This has backfired bigly - as everyone paying attention, or not a spox shilling for a NeverTrump candidate, could have seen coming 12 months ago. 

• Popcorn 2
  • Cheers 1

MothersMilk
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Anna Gunn is not a passive-aggressive wife of a drug lord; Matt Bomer is not a heterosexual polymath con artist; Patrick Stewart is neither a starship captain nor a psychic mutant; Keanu Reeves is not an indestructible hit man (more's the pity).

The character is not the actor.  

Unless you're Samuel L Jackson in Die Hard With a Vengeance.  Then the character is totally the actor.  

Yes, we know this.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, MothersMilk said:

Yes, we know this.

A surprising number of people don't.  Anna Gunn got a LOT of shit for being Skyler White.

My point being, though, that there's no reason to not appreciate DeNiro's body of work, while simultaneously disrespecting the man.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A surprising number of people don't.  Anna Gunn got a LOT of shit for being Skyler White.

My point being, though, that there's no reason to not appreciate DeNiro's body of work, while simultaneously disrespecting the man.

That's what I said earlier, you might have missed my post.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, MothersMilk said:

That's what I said earlier, you might have missed my post.

I must have, sorry.

But I'm glad to hear you're not a progressive.

• Like 1