Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

And now we have one more serious reason why the Trump NY case should be tossed and declared a mistrial. Apparently some idiot posted on the NYS Court FB page that their cousin was a juror and had told them that Trump would be convicted on May 29th, the day before the guilty verdicts were handed down

Oops...... 

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And now we have one more serious reason why the Trump NY case should be tossed and declared a mistrial. Apparently some idiot posted on the NYS Court FB page that their cousin was a juror and had told them that Trump would be convicted on May 29th, the day before the guilty verdicts were handed down

Oops...... 

Probably very strong grounds for appeal...but without prejudice, allowing retrial.  

There is so much grounds for appeal in this case, though.  This'll undoubtedly thrown out...next summer.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Genuinely surprised Merchan did the professional thing and disclosed it as required.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Genuinely surprised Merchan did the professional thing and disclosed it as required.

I'm trying to figure out why he did it.

• Popcorn 1

Fansince88
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He was so careful to stay by the letter of the law theough this whole thing why would you be suprised. Genuinely sarcastic. 

• Haha 1

Fansince88
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Intentional sabotage? 

• I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Couldn't avoid it?  People were already noticing it on Facebook, so he could either disclose it, or get seriously hammered by everybody for an undeniable failure of his duties?

That's all I can think of.  

• Like 4
  • I don't know 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

The whole quote? Hell he didn't even quote the part he did correctly the POS!!!!!!!!! Here is his official letter to the parties and notice how he left out the words "tomorrow according to her" in his quote

https://www.scribd.com/document/740268927/People-v-DJT-6-7-24-Letter-to-Parties

In the RosieMemos tweet someone in comments said the cousin posted several times (different words on the posts). 🤷‍♀️ 

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

Now the claim is the guy who posted that is a troll.

I guess we shall see.

• Like 1

Fansince88
Just now, Ann said:

I guess we shall see.

It is facebook afterall.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I guess we shall see.

Of course it is, anything to downplay it and give an excuse not to call a mistrial. But it shouldn't matter. The posts were on the court own FB page the day before the verdict. If they had monitored their own page which they certainly should have for such a high profile case, they could have caught it and replaced the juror in question

No excuse, this is the very definition of a mistrial

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 4

Jabba The Hutt
21 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/capital-region/news/2024/06/07/trump-running-mate-republican-convention-milwaukee

When asked by television host Dr. Phil McGraw about his choice, Trump said that he “can’t” say yet who it will be, “but we have some very good people.”

“I’m going to do it in the convention,” Trump added.

He made similar comments in a Fox News interview that also aired on Thursday, saying: “I think I’ll announce who that person’s going to be during the convention.”

“I think that’s pretty normal, during the convention,” he added. “It’ll be an interesting period of time.”

Please Vivek, can't take DeSantis away from Florida.