Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

On the same principle as I don't think a baker should be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding...I don't think a store proprietor should be forced to serve someone wearing a Trump hat and shirt.

But they don't have to be such a raging crybaby about it.  I remember bakers being polite but firm, not throwing gargantuan temper tantrums.

Assuming he owns the establishment.  If he is a minimum wage clerk he should be fired. 

• Like 1

Judge Cannon just filed another banger of an order related to FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago and the former chief judge of DC court, the wretched Beryl Howell, decision to pierce attorney-client privilege that forced Trump's lawyer to turn over his records to Jack Smith in the documents case.

First, Cannon will hold a hearing into whether the search warrant was overly vague and whether agents were properly instructed as to the records they were authorized to seize.

This came up during the hearing on Tuesday. At issue are the general terms in the "property to be seized" attachment B. (On the right)

Also, were FBI agents fully briefed before the raid as to the different category of records involved?

Part of her order on the left.

Second--and this is huge and an issue I've covered in the past but haven't been able to update yet--Cannon is taking on Howell's clearly political ruling to pierce atty-client privilege amid alleged proof that Trump's lawyer, Evan Corcoran, was used to advance a crime committed by his client.

Jack Smith sought the piercing of privilege just weeks after being appointed special counsel. 

Howell, an Obama appointee who makes her contempt for Trump well known, was only too happy to oblige. Corcoran then had to testify before the DC grand jury and produce all of his notes including recordings.

Cannon wants the full record behind Howell's decision and to hold a hearing related to the process. She has made several public comments expressing her frustration that most of the DOJ's investigation in the docs case occurred in DC rather than southern Florida.

Getting favorable rulings by Howell is why.

And the DC court is still concealing the records including GJ transcripts.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Nanker said:

what you don’t get is the Felon backstabbed each and every one of them. 

Donald is and always will be a fraud. 

• Doh! 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Boo 1

the most consequential legal order today might have come out of FL and not SCOTUS (although the SEC and EPA cases are big).

The FL judge has denied the Trump defense request for a Franks hearing, but IS GRANTING the request for an evidentiary hearing on the balance of the motion to suppress.

This is over the "vigorous opposition" of the Special Counsel as described by the Order.

This means to FBI Agents and MAYBE DOJ officials will likely be questioned under oath about the search warrant and the execution of the search.

The Govt NEVER wants there to be such an evidentiary hearing prior to trial because so much info can be developed by the defense prior to trial that would otherwise not be the case.

ANY time you can get Govt witnesses under oath in a transcript, you have more info to work with in preparing for trial or to otherwise challenge the case.

HUGE development -- known to those of us who understand where they path might lead.

Almost equally as significant, the Order says exactly what I have predicted from the start -- the FL Judge will make her own determination as to whether the "crime fraud" exception to the Attorney-Client privilege will allow SC Smith to admit evidence from Trump's attorneys.

A Judge in the District of Columbia determined that it did, and allowed the SC to examine Trump's attorneys before the grand jury, and subpoena documents from them.

But by moving the case to Florida, the SC created the possibility that a different judge might not be so persuaded.

The FL judge is not bound by the DC judge's decision, and she could rule that none of the evidence heard by the grand jury can be used in the trial.

The outcome isn't yet known, but it is a huge victory that she has announced that she will make an independent judgment on her own.

Extremely rare because the process for obtaining them -- with AUSA involvement and approval required before it can even go over to a judge to sign -- greatly reduces the risk that the affidavit lacks PC.

I don't remember ever approving a search warrant application that was less than 30 pages long.

I say state warrants sometimes that were less than a single page -- and the state court judge still signed it.

It is different in federal court because of DOJ policies that prevent agents -- except in extreme situations -- from seeking search warrants without first obtaining permission and approval from an AUSA.

In my two districts, the AUSA had to sign the application as "Approved as to Form and Substance" before a judge would even read it.

So they affidavit and applications were never what is often seen in state court, with not prosecution input so the "legalities" are not evaluated prior to signing.

Any time I had a case brought to me where it had started as a state/local investigation, and then adopted by a federal agency, one of the first things I asked was "Let me see the search warrants and affidavits." No point in wasting a lot of time if the searches were likely to be suppressed by a federal judge who wasn't going to warmly receive a 1 page affidavit.

• Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
11 minutes ago, Shady said:

He backstabbed Kathy Griffin? How? 

• Popcorn 2
  • Applause 1

Billsandhorns
40 minutes ago, Shady said:

How did he backstab celebrities? By running as republican and beating Hillary?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

How did he backstab celebrities? By running as republican and beating Hillary?

Still think he ran as a Republican in 2016 so Hillary could win because it was Her Turn.  

I have never heard anyone claim that Trump "back-stabbed" the Clintons.  In fact, I'll bet all the stories are about how they've always hated each other, an any stories to the contrary from 10+ years back have been memory-holed.

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He bled on her hands with the drippings of his detached and severed beheaded that she proudly displayed on high. Oh, he’s such a fiend. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RochesterRob
3 minutes ago, devnull said:

Will the sentence be concurrent with the charges he is already convicted of?

• Haha 3

Uncle Joe
11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Will the sentence be concurrent with the charges he is already convicted of?

Nope, this happened in Georgia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

The Guy In Pants
17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She probably asked him to put it in her ass and he politely declined.

• Haha 3