Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

To be REALLY pedantic, they tend to use different translations of the same Bible.  Which makes a world of difference, when, say, you're the McLean Bible Church, insisting that the New English Version is the literal Word of God and can't be questioned...even if your question is about the translation of the Pauline Epistles from the original Greek.

Not that I've ever argued that - the interpretive nature of translation impeding literal reading - to the McLean Bible Church myself.  Does that sound like me?  Of course not...  :beer:

i do not like the ruling on topical face. i think a president should have qualified immunity, however, for his actions as president. that immunity should not cover actions or decisions made while president AS president violate the law WHEREAS congress must determine the right to impeach him. that is the process that exists for this reason. 

for functions outside of the presidency or in concurrent incidents, say taking bribes from Foreign Agents, illegal activities (drugs, hookers, DUI), and similar the president should absolutely be able to have SC's established under the power of the constitution (which Garland did not have) to investigate.

we have already seen waters muddied that Biden is now off the hook for all of this dealings because this makes him immune, too. it doesn't. Biden's activities occured outside of the seat of office.

further, it doesn't matter because if John Kerry can do whatever he wants no one will ever be investigated if they're a Democrat.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Boyst said:

i do not like the ruling on topical face. i think a president should have qualified immunity, however, for his actions as president. that immunity should not cover actions or decisions made while president AS president violate the law WHEREAS congress must determine the right to impeach him. that is the process that exists for this reason. 

for functions outside of the presidency or in concurrent incidents, say taking bribes from Foreign Agents, illegal activities (drugs, hookers, DUI), and similar the president should absolutely be able to have SC's established under the power of the constitution (which Garland did not have) to investigate.

we have already seen waters muddied that Biden is now off the hook for all of this dealings because this makes him immune, too. it doesn't. Biden's activities occured outside of the seat of office.

further, it doesn't matter because if John Kerry can do whatever he wants no one will ever be investigated if they're a Democrat.

I do tend to agree...but in this case there's this whole grey area where the President post-election but before he's out of office took action that may or may not be covered under immunity granted the President under official duties.  And as a sitting President, while the constitutional remedy is impeachment, impeachment couldn't occur until after he's out of office...in which case, what's the remedy?  Never mind the question of whether or not he was actually committing a felony in any of his actions.

It's a difficult case.  

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

To be REALLY pedantic, they tend to use different translations of the same Bible.  Which makes a world of difference, when, say, you're the McLean Bible Church, insisting that the New English Version is the literal Word of God and can't be questioned...even if your question is about the translation of the Pauline Epistles from the original Greek.

Not that I've ever argued that - the interpretive nature of translation impeding literal reading - to the McLean Bible Church myself.  Does that sound like me?  Of course not...  :beer:

The greek and hebrew languages have so many words that cannot be directly translated to any english word to give it the full meaning. For instance, in the King James and New King James versions they use, LORD, Lord, or lord. 3 totally different meanings. Not going to try and go into the difference here but take my word for it. Its huge. 

Started my years as a Christian, 1979-2012 reading out of the NIV. Now using NKJ for a change of "scenery" per se.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

The greek and hebrew languages have so many words that cannot be directly translated to any english word to give it the full meaning. For instance, in the King James and New King James versions they use, LORD, Lord, or lord. 3 totally different meanings. Not going to try and go into the difference here but take my word for it. Its huge. 

Started my years as a Christian, 1979-2012 reading out of the NIV. Now using NKJ for a change of "scenery" per se.

I am well aware.  I was reading Xenophon in the original Attic Greek just this weekend...

• Haha 1

Fansince88
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I am well aware.  I was reading Xenophon in the original Attic Greek just this weekend...

Wish my learning comprehensoin would allow me to learn and read both languages. 

36 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I do tend to agree...but in this case there's this whole grey area where the President post-election but before he's out of office took action that may or may not be covered under immunity granted the President under official duties.  And as a sitting President, while the constitutional remedy is impeachment, impeachment couldn't occur until after he's out of office...in which case, what's the remedy?  Never mind the question of whether or not he was actually committing a felony in any of his actions.

It's a difficult case.  

you said it yourself before: the president is the president until he's not. until the next president is sworn in than Trump remained president.

further, the whole case being relevant to the next election makes it even more interesting. you know the details, i am sure, but once a person declares for the candidacy than new laws govern everything about them. once a party elects a representative even more laws come into play.

part of what happened was that SCOTUS kicked the can on this one assuming something like this isn't going to happen again for another 200 years. if we had to act now based on what we know: Trump was not performing an illegal act in speaking with his VP about reversing/altering/changing/interfering with the election. there was reason to believe there were illegal activities involved at that time Trump was addressing. even more impossible to investigate was a simple good faith discussion Trump/POTUS may have simply been having with Pence/VP about the process. A thought crime is not a crime, which is relevant to the GA case.

Ah... it is just so much...

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Manhattan DA's office will NOT oppose Trump lawyers' request to delay the July 11th sentencing  after his legal team filed a motion Monday to get the conviction tossed following the Supreme Court's ruling on presidential immunity. They claim that certain evidence introduced in the "hush money" trial was in fact precluded under the Supreme Court's test. Trump's sentencing date will most likely be pushed back by at least a "few weeks."

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4751649-alvin-bragg-trump-sentencing/

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 2
  • Cheers 1

RochesterRob
1 minute ago, Ann said:

The Manhattan DA's office will NOT oppose Trump lawyers' request to delay the July 11th sentencing  after his legal team filed a motion Monday to get the conviction tossed following the Supreme Court's ruling on presidential immunity. They claim that certain evidence introduced in the "hush money" trial was in fact precluded under the Supreme Court's test. Trump's sentencing date will most likely be pushed back by at least a "few weeks."

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4751649-alvin-bragg-trump-sentencing/

They are sensing that the political winds are shifting and payback can be a bitch.  

• Popcorn 3
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

They are sensing that the political winds are shifting and payback can be a bitch.  

We shall see, but I don't think that is a bad guess. That SC ruling could have saved them from their own stupidity. 

• Applause 3

bdutton

Embarrassing tweet from a woke Sabres fan accidentally making the case for a Trump presidency.

• FANtastic 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Ann said:

September 18 IF NECESSARY

11.thumb.jpg.c51e01f5684596182e32699db9effd2a.jpg

"If necessary" sounds like Merchan was seriously bitch-slapped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I might say that they want time so they can reach into their bag of tricks and create more advantageous conditions in which to do so.

• Cheers 1