Biden Investigations

Foxx

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Gotta Defend Democracy(tm).

I believe this indictment will read "Is a doody-head."

• Haha 4

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Doesn't that also kill the Congressional investigations. 

Yes and no. They can keep investigating, but their access will be limited for the reason Anne stated above. 

• Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes and no. They can keep investigating, but their access will be limited for the reason Anne stated above. 

They were going to subpoena Joe, Hunter etc. I would imagine that won't happen now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Billsandhorns said:

They were going to subpoena Joe, Hunter etc. I would imagine that won't happen now. 

Probably why. Joe would have (and should have) declined to testify before Congress.  Hunter was hosed. 

Weiss will run cover by doing nothing and  allowing this to drag for years until it is yesterday's story.

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
27 minutes ago, Ann said:

Probably why. Joe would have (and should have) declined to testify before Congress.  Hunter was hosed. 

Weiss will run cover by doing nothing and  allowing this to drag for years until it is yesterday's story.

The Justice department already slow walked  tax crimes on Hunter so long that the statue of limitations has run. 

• Like 2

I have seen it speculated that this special counsel is to protect Weiss from being investigated for attempting to defraud the court, as much as it is to protect the Bidens. Banana Republic, indeed.

Bonus: Weiss will also have the power to grant immunity to all crimes Hunter committed in other jurisdictions.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

I have seen it speculated that this special counsel is to protect Weiss from being investigated for attempting to defraud the court, as much as it is to protect the Bidens. Banana Republic, indeed.

Bonus: Weiss will also have the power to grant immunity to all crimes Hunter committed in other jurisdictions.

Probably more than just that.

"Give us the result we want, and you won't be prosecuted.  Find against us, and you'll be fired and prosecuted."

Truly banana republic shit.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

So now no one has to answer any questions because it is "an ongoing investigation."

Bullshit.... The Democrat J6 committee taught us ongoing investigations can't stop Congressional Oversight. I would also question the legitimacy of this Special Council since Hunter is not in a government position so there technically isn't a conflict of interest between the DOJ and Hunter who by their own claims, is a private citizen?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Bullshit.... The Democrat J6 committee taught us ongoing investigations can't stop Congressional Oversight. I would also question the legitimacy of this Special Council since Hunter is not in a government position so there technically isn't a conflict of interest between the DOJ and Hunter who by their own claims, is a private citizen?

They will show up and say the cannot answer due to "an ongoing investigation."

You have a good point about Hunter not being a government employee,  just as Weiss being a DOJ employee supposedly means he cannot be SC. Doesn't appear to be stopping this administration.

• Angry 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

They will show up and say the cannot answer due to "an ongoing investigation."

You have a good point about Hunter not being a government employee,  just as Weiss being a DOJ employee supposedly means he cannot be SC. Doesn't appear to be stopping this administration.

True, but if you remember, even SCOTUS agreed with the J6 committee and Congressional Oversight. Let's see if the Republicans have the balls to remind them of that ruling

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 3