Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

ExiledInIllinois
On 5/29/2024 at 8:00 PM, Fansince88 said:

Hmmmm, All I can say is about 15 years ago our place of business had a John Deere mower. We needed to replace the belt and I was looking for the model #. On the plate that had the model # it said proudly assembled  by MTD. 

Like AMC? Taking parts from the "Big Three?"

Anyway... Corporate America gaslighting consumers?  It wouldn't shock me one bit.

KD in CA
6 hours ago, snafu said:

Today I got up real early and took the train into Manhattan with my 26 year old daughter to have a conversation about "what's on her mind" with a Neuro Oncologist.  We met with a different brain surgeon last week.  The great news (so far, until the results of her spinal tap and her EEG are in) is that they're optimistic that all she needs is to be watched and have periodic MRIs.  She's got no diagnosis for the symptoms that are bothering her, but the result is still a load off.

So, yeah.

Today I learned that a guy my age probably has more lesions on my brain than my kid does.

Good to hear. Sloan Kettering?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Good to hear. Sloan Kettering?

Yep. One doc from Sloan.  The other at Mt. Sinai.  She’s actually got a 3rd appointment at Mass General (she lives in Boston).  I’m glad she came home so we could give her some support for this round of tests.  I’ve got a good friend who got her these quick appointments. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
Keukasmallie

Today at Keuka Lake in upstate NY:  Raining like crazy, wind blowing, marine layer is almost down to the surface of the lake.  Nasty day, no boating, no fishing,  can't even take the garbage out to the shed.

Maybe tomorrow....

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2024 at 12:33 PM, Keukasmallie said:

Today at Keuka Lake in upstate NY:  Raining like crazy, wind blowing, marine layer is almost down to the surface of the lake.  Nasty day, no boating, no fishing,  can't even take the garbage out to the shed.

Maybe tomorrow....

I took my wife out to keuka lake  to go do some wine tasting and dinner for our 33rd anniversary. At least it finally stopped raining in the afternoon. Beautiful area rain or shine. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
CarpetCrawler

Today I logged on to Truth Social for the first time in months and immediately got 2 personal messages from catfishers.

One is better at it than the other, I'm playing along a little just for giggles. 

She is 42 and lives in London, although she grew up having a very sheltered life in Utah. She also has a farm in Ecuador, she grows coffee and cocoa beans and keeps a wonderful chestnut horse there. She enjoys riding the horse but hasn't been there much since COVID.

She would also enjoy communicating with me more closely on Telegram.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

KD in CA
29 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Today I logged on to Truth Social for the first time in months and immediately got 2 personal messages from catfishers.

One is better at it than the other, I'm playing along a little just for giggles. 

She is 42 and lives in London, although she grew up having a very sheltered life in Utah. She also has a farm in Ecuador, she grows coffee and cocoa beans and keeps a wonderful chestnut horse there. She enjoys riding the horse but hasn't been there much since COVID.

She would also enjoy communicating with me more closely on Telegram.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I got a message on Yelp the other day (who knew Yelp had messages) from a ‘nurse’ in Florida who thought my Yelp reviews (all of about 20 of them over nearly 10 years) were super interesting and she wanted to ‘connect’ with or ‘follow’ me or whatever.

WTF?  Is doing this shit considered a career in Russia now?

• Cheers 2

KD in CA
On 6/18/2024 at 7:17 PM, snafu said:

Yep. One doc from Sloan.  The other at Mt. Sinai.  She’s actually got a 3rd appointment at Mass General (she lives in Boston).  I’m glad she came home so we could give her some support for this round of tests.  I’ve got a good friend who got her these quick appointments. 

Hope that’s all going well.  My awesome and adventurous 13 year old had a brain tumor removed 11 years ago at Yale. The good folks at Sloan supervised the proton radiation at the center in NJ.

We’re still amazed at how well it all went.

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 3
  • Love 1

CarpetCrawler
13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I got a message on Yelp the other day (who knew Yelp had messages) from a ‘nurse’ in Florida who thought my Yelp reviews (all of about 20 of them over nearly 10 years) were super interesting and she wanted to ‘connect’ with or ‘follow’ me or whatever.

WTF?  Is doing this shit considered a career in Russia now?

Mine is a nurse too.

For Russians like this it is.

fat-russian-with-knife-meme-10.jpg

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Hope that’s all going well.  My awesome and adventurous 13 year old had a brain tumor removed 11 years ago at Yale. The good folks at Sloan supervised the proton radiation at the center in NJ.

We’re still amazed at how well it all went.

She’s in good shape, thanks for asking. All of the tests pointed to a “wait and see” conclusion.  She’s still bothered by a lot of seemingly unconnected discomforts, and she will keep sorting all that out.  But for now, nothing more than a series of follow-up MRIs every four to six months. I think that where her lesion is located they’d probably opt to go in through her nasal passage.

I’m glad your kid is doing well.  News like that eases my anxiety.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Uncle Joe

Today I migrated my Social Security account because anyone over 65 needs to change usernames and passwords.
BTW, I wonder what the security controls on the new operating system are ...:beer:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Today I migrated my Social Security account because anyone over 65 needs to change usernames and passwords.
BTW, I wonder what the security controls on the new operating system are ...:beer:

I doubt many Social Security recipients want to talk about "the portal" to "the cloud".

• Like 2

Mahoney
3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Happy birthday!

Uncle Joe
34 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Happy birthday!

Thanks, but not quite. I'm closer to 70 than 65. I just wonder how many of the elderly can navigate computers on the interwebs. Mom has dementia but even before that progressed the internet workings were never her thing.

Edited by Uncle Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Your login?  Probably pretty secure.

The security gaps are elsewhere in the system.

• 2 weeks later...
Uncle Joe

I came close to PTSD figuring out lumber for my floor base in my 20X34 pole barn.

I'm glad it wasn't 20X32

• Like 2

devnull

Today I went to McDonalds.  This particular McDonalds has touch screen kiosks and self serve fountain drinks.

I ordered a value meal.  Medium size, did not opt to super size.  I get to the screen to select a drink, which is theoretically irrelevant because the fountain drinks are self serve

$0.69 up charge for Coke and Dr Pepper

Glad I went i went inside.  Drive thru won't see the ninja up charge

• Like 2
  • Boo 1

Keukasmallie

Today I did some reading about companies that protect one from identity theft.  Giving it some thought....

Anyone here have identity theft protection, e.g. LifeLock, etc

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Today I did some reading about companies that protect one from identity theft.  Giving it some thought....

Anyone here have identity theft protection, e.g. LifeLock, etc

I have the best identity protection there is: who in their right mind would want to be me?

• Sad 1
  • O Rly 2
  • Haha 2