Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

Fansince88
On 9/4/2024 at 12:01 AM, Taro T said:

... had my dog break free from his collar (we had a contractor that's his buddy back for the final punch list items and he knew the guy didn't come inside the house, though this time that's where he was going; so the dog did NOT want to come inside) and then make a bee line for his truck.  Annoying, but no big issue, and tried to get our car door open to have him hop in and get his collar back on.  But then he ran down our long driveway and headed for the mailbox.  Nearly caught up to him, but upon getting about 10 yards away from him, he decides to walk across the street towards the neighbor's yard.  Which would not have been a big deal except he chose the exact time that a car was going down the road to do so.

Needless to say, their 2 vectors intersected.  Fortunately, today's cars are so low to the road that rather than end up under the car, the dog got pushed a foot or 2 (the car NEARLY stopped in time) and then spun into the other lane.  He then made a bee-line back to driveway and then our house.

We got crazy lucky.  Nothing is broken and he doesn't seem to have any internal bleeding.  But there are only 2 emergency / urgent care vets still in Ra-cha-cha and our vets couldn't see him for about 5 hours.  So, off to Orchard Park it was.  The emergency vets there are incredible.  (Pricey, but incredible.)

Dog is now sleeping on my leg with about 10 sutures in his back paws and a couple in his face.  And a whole lot of road rash around his legs.  But it could've been so much worse.

Happened over 12 hours ago and am still running on adrenaline.  Had never thought about it, but the way today's sedans and coups are so low to the road, am certain 1,000's (if not millions) of critters have been saved by not ending up under the car and having the car lose parts even in a very low impact collision.  So glad it wasn't an SUV or a truck.  Would've saved a lot of money, but would've had to dig a hole and would be just as wound up but not nearly in as much of a good way.

Thats terrible. How he today?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats terrible. How he today?

Much better.  For most of the day he was pretty much acting like his normal self.  But he's still got about another hour until the next pain killer and he's definitely been showing signs for the past 90 minutes or so of being sore.

Thank you for asking and thank you for everyone that expressed sympathy.  It really did help with my mental place the past couple of days.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
On 8/17/2024 at 10:37 PM, Fansince88 said:

Today I learned from my daughter who is home for another week because her husband is in Germany for training in the Airforce that they are expecting our second grandchild. Pretty stoked. Dont say anything though because they have not told anyone but us because she took a test yesterday.  

Regretfully they miscarried, While we are sorrowful about it we know that As @Cinga (Thanks BTW) posted in another thread, His Strength is made PERFECT in my weakness. When I am weak he is Strong! I ask why sometimes when it doesnt feel like I am winning. He does however bring us through.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

Fansince88
On 9/1/2024 at 9:37 PM, Fansince88 said:

Took our third annual ride on the motorcycles around the Adirondacks. Started with couple friends meeting at my house. We then rode up to Gouverneur to pick up the last of the crew. 5 of us together rode from there to Star Lake and fueled up. Our circle from there was Cranberry Lake, Tupper Lake, around to RT30 to Long lake, Inlet, and Old Forge. Finally up the windy Moose River Road to Port Lyden on 26 to Lowville where all the flooding was this year and back home. Road with a friend from Jersey for the 2nd year. He a friend we rode with and myself graduated in 88 together. Was good to get together. Had a blast.  Few pics of the trip. Friend is throwing together a youtube vid I will share when he has it done. 

Resized_20240901_122335_1725214391472.jpg

Resized_20240901_113613_1725214421705.jpg

Resized_20240901_122319_1725214402939.jpg

20240901_113717.jpg

20240901_113515.jpg

My friend finally got around to editing and posting the video of our ride. He has a beautiful and meticulously kept bike. Cant tell it is 22 years old. BTW, He is a Giants fan so feel free to throw out a GO BILLS on his replies and help him with a thumbs up all! Also, the video makes me really look bald.....er. Cant tell with the Helmet and cooler months when the Bills cap is on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, devnull said:

Today I had almost 50 spam and telemarketer calls combined across my personal and work phones.

Today I got a text addressed to Patrick. No clue who that is. It was a text hoping that I could be counted on to vote for Kamala Harris for President along with some other ramblings about her worth. I was going to lead them on but decided to just text back. Kamala sucks as a VP, is a horrible human and would destroy this country as a POTUS. I said, I will  be pulling the lever for The Don, MAGA and MAHA! The reply, Got it, take care. 

I wonder how many of this type of reply they get?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Today I got a text addressed to Patrick. No clue who that is. It was a text hoping that I could be counted on to vote for Kamala Harris for President along with some other ramblings about her worth. I was going to lead them on but decided to just text back. Kamala sucks as a VP, is a horrible human and would destroy this country as a POTUS. I said, I will  be pulling the lever for The Don, MAGA and MAHA! The reply, Got it, take care. 

I wonder how many of this type of reply they get?

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

Did not get yet

I've been getting alot of pro-Kamala push poll smishes

Crap Throwing Clavin

Today I'm sitting on Coast Guard Beach, watching two boats, a helicopter, a light plane, and a drone track two great white sharks 150 feet offshore.