Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Election Season

Crap Throwing Clavin

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So the Presidency is now officially a reality show.

I &#%$ing hate this timeline.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• IDBillzFan

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So the Presidency is now officially a reality show.

I &#%$ing hate this timeline.

Did you know Brawndo has electrolytes?

• Haha 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Did you know Brawndo has electrolytes?

"Well, folks, Brawndo has electrolytes. Tremendous electrolytes, believe me. The best electrolytes. Some people are saying it's fantastic. It's what plants crave. Many people don't know this, but electrolytes are very important. Very important. And Brawndo has them. Just incredible."

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Well, folks, Brawndo has electrolytes. Tremendous electrolytes, believe me. The best electrolytes. Some people are saying it's fantastic. It's what plants bigly crave. Many people don't know this, but electrolytes are very important.  Very very bigly important. And Brawndo has them. Just incredible."

FTFY.

But Adam Schiff told me that Joe's got no chance.

(Newsweek article)

Donald Trump's Chances of Winning Election Are Declining (msn.com)

"Donald Trump's chances of winning the November 2024 presidential election are declining, according to a new aggregation of polls.

FiveThirtyEight's poll tracker, which was originally published on July 8 and updated on July 16, shows Joe Biden with a 53 percent chance of winning the election, while Trump has a 46 percent chance.

According to the tracker, Biden is favored to win in 534 out of 1,000 of FiveThirtyEight's simulations of how the election could go, while Trump wins in 462. The poll also shows that the simulations indicate that Biden is on track for a three-point win."

• O Rly 4

RochesterRob
15 minutes ago, snafu said:

(Newsweek article)

"Donald Trump's chances of winning the November 2024 presidential election are declining, according to a new aggregation of polls.

FiveThirtyEight's poll tracker, which was originally published on July 8 and updated on July 16, shows Joe Biden with a 53 percent chance of winning the election, while Trump has a 46 percent chance.

According to the tracker, Biden is favored to win in 534 out of 1,000 of FiveThirtyEight's simulations of how the election could go, while Trump wins in 462. The poll also shows that the simulations indicate that Biden is on track for a three-point win."

My old stats professor believed in the old saying that liars can figure and figures can lie.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

COVID and COVID-ARDS

Never heard of this. Please explain. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
47 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Never heard of this. Please explain. 

You never heard of it because it didn't exist.

Realistically, COVID infections could be considered to fall in to two different groups: a normal COVID infection, which was pretty much like the flu.  And a severe COVID infection with severe respiratory and hematological involvement. 

It seems (honestly I stopped paying attention, the hysteria got so dumb, so I don't have hard numbers) that maybe 1-2% of COVID infections fell in to that "severe" category.  It would have been highly beneficial for everyone (patients, doctors, epidemiologists, public health professionals, etc.) if that distinction were made clear: COVID, for regular infections with flu-like symptoms, and COVID with acute respiratory distress syndrome - COVID-ARDS. 

It made absolutely no sense to treat both as the same disease - the infectious agent is not the disease.  The infectious agent can cause disease (or not, that's what the morbidity rate determines), and can on occasion cause different diseases. 

And it's hardly unprecedented.  For one example: the dengue virus can cause dengue fever (which is awful, but rarely fatal) but under some circumstances causes dengue hemorrhagic fever, which has a 25-50% mortality rate.  Lassa hemorrhagic fever, when it was first discovered, was thought to be a slate-wiper, with an 80% or more mortality rate.  When they finally got around to investigating it, they found that the virus was a widespread source of "fevers of unknown origin," and only a relatively small number of cases (frequently pregnant women, for some reason) developed the hemorrhagic form.  So there was really no reason to not make a distinction between two types of diseases caused by the COVID-19 virus.  

And as a side note: dengue's shaping up to be the next great disease panic.  I just found that "dengue hemorrhagic fever" is no longer the term - it's "dengue" and "severe dengue."  Dengue will spread in the US, and the number of cases will increase significantly at some point.  But the lack of differentiation between two different diseases caused by the same agent is a great way for idiots to panic, when they mistakenly think every case of dengue is invariably hemorrhagic fever.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Realistically, COVID infections could be considered to fall in to two different groups: a normal COVID infection, which was pretty much like the flu.  And a severe COVID infection with severe respiratory and hematological involvement. 

It seems (honestly I stopped paying attention, the hysteria got so dumb, so I don't have hard numbers) that maybe 1-2% of COVID infections fell in to that "severe" category.  It would have been highly beneficial for everyone (patients, doctors, epidemiologists, public health professionals, etc.) if that distinction were made clear: COVID, for regular infections with flu-like symptoms, and COVID with acute respiratory distress syndrome - COVID-ARDS. 

It made absolutely no sense to treat both as the same disease - the infectious agent is not the disease.  The infectious agent can cause disease (or not, that's what the morbidity rate determines), and can on occasion cause different diseases. 

And it's hardly unprecedented.  For one example: the dengue virus can cause dengue fever (which is awful, but rarely fatal) but under some circumstances causes dengue hemorrhagic fever, which has a 25-50% mortality rate.  Lassa hemorrhagic fever, when it was first discovered, was thought to be a slate-wiper, with an 80% or more mortality rate.  When they finally got around to investigating it, they found that the virus was a widespread source of "fevers of unknown origin," and only a relatively small number of cases (frequently pregnant women, for some reason) developed the hemorrhagic form.  So there was really no reason to not make a distinction between two types of diseases caused by the COVID-19 virus.  

And as a side note: dengue's shaping up to be the next great disease panic.  I just found that "dengue hemorrhagic fever" is no longer the term - it's "dengue" and "severe dengue."  Dengue will spread in the US, and the number of cases will increase significantly at some point.  But the lack of differentiation between two different diseases caused by the same agent is a great way for idiots to panic, when they mistakenly think every case of dengue is invariably hemorrhagic fever.

Thanks for the explanation.  Makes perfect sense to me now. 

54 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My wife is quite concerned being that there are multiple vectors for this - not that it will be a huge epidemic but the exposure risk she has is significant.

Further, you get it once and you're ok.  You get it twice you're not.

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, snafu said:

(Newsweek article)

Nate Silver is the hackiest of hacks. 

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan

You know it's over when Zelensky realized there may be someone else to get his money from.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2