• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• IDBillzFan

Deranged Rhino

The lack of education about our (recent, relative to the rest of the world) history once again rears its head... 

• Facepalm 4
  • Doh! 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The lack of education about our (recent, relative to the rest of the world) history once again rears its head... 

Maybe they think crazy cat lady is a badge of honor or something? I think that is weird. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with much of this. But X isn't where people to go to look something up. X isn't something people talk to via their phone or their Alexa to get directions, instructions, facts, data, info. 

That's the biggest difference. No one is walking down the street, holding their phone in their hand like a Star Trek transmitter, saying something like "X, how do I make a charcuterie tray? When is daylight's savings time?"

That's where the power of the megaphone lies. The media is just 

I would also add that if you (rightfully) wonder about all the FB and IG account numbers, you surely are questioning the X numbers.  I have 179 followers on Twitter. I probably know a dozen of them. I have a ton of people following me who don't even post stuff, have little to no bio, and just seem to be obscure AI accounts for some reason.

I have never used Alexa.  The last thing I want is something monitoring me in my home. 

As a party of only a few, everyone in my immediate circle uses X for late breaking news. If we want to know what is happening in the world, to X we go.

X is not a search engine, although I do use it to search news, people, sports, etc. The chatter about if  people would use a new search engine from Musk is interesting.  As I said, Google IS suppressing information. But, I do not go to google anymore for "how do I XZY" because google &#%$ed itself last year. People keep hoping they will get better, but I have my doubts (the new update coming soon will be the tell). 

There is room for a better search engine. No doubt about that. 

As far as followers on X, I have 5K+ followers, and follow about 50 people. I seldom use it to engage anyone directly, and cannot believe I have any followers at all.  I am pretty sure X cleans bots because I used to have more followers than I currently do. 

You made me go look at who is following me. Just touching profiles it seems like the verified users following me have a decent following (5K-100K, although I saw a few accounts with a lot more than that), the unverified seem to be in the 1K-5K crowd (some more, some less), but I just did a quick touch on a few hundred follower accounts to look at numbers. 

• Like 2

RochesterRob
29 minutes ago, Ann said:

ummm :classic_blink:  Someone thought this was a winning ad? 

Are these guys really at risk of getting a woman pregnant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'll believe Eric Holder ruled him out because he's a white male before I'll believe he ruled himself out.

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 4

Deranged Rhino
17 minutes ago, Ann said:

He was never in serious contention. 

• Like 3

devnull
15 minutes ago, Ann said:

Translation:  Democrats are focusing their efforts on PA, MI, WI, AZ, and NV

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hedge said:

We live in the stupidest of times

First thing I thought of was a dung beetle.

• Haha 5

Obviously the new talking point of the day is just plain WEIRD. Funny part is they claim conservatives are the cult while they are so easily programmed

• Cheers 3