Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Election Season

Crap Throwing Clavin

11 hours ago, devnull said:

Blocking parties from ballots, jailing opponents, installing a nominee without a primary, and possibly assassinating rivals

All in the name of protecting Our Democracy from the Fascists.

Folks ought to be paying attention to what is happening in the UK and on the European Continent where people who tweet the wrong thing or post something against the regime ideology on Facebook are fined and jailed. Trump could warn against it in the campaign, because it is coming if the Cackler's puppetmasters remain in power.

Unfortunately, American Pravda will only ridicule, and further, as apparatchiks, they don't care if Trump is proven right like Cassandra, so long as it is futile after the fact confirmation, just as they don't care if overwhelming proof eventually indicates complicity in endemic fraud and lying to subvert elections. 

We're living through an experiment in real time to see if the systemic ignorance, prescribed attention deficit, and susceptibility to de novo historical narratives created daily by the media for the general populace has attained sufficient widespread resistance to reality. After decades of cultivated brainwashing through academic, legal, and popular propaganda, Democracy is nearly impervious to the freedoms enshrined in that outdated document, the Constitution.

Edited by dr. who
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• IDBillzFan

In a move critics say is designed to shield the Biden-Harris administration from election fallout, the administration has leveraged taxpayer funds to mask upcoming increases in Medicare premiums.

Under the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which was intended to cap out-of-pocket drug costs for Medicare beneficiaries, insurers are poised to significantly hike monthly premiums, with average bids for Part D plans expected to triple by 2025.

In response to potential voter backlash, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rolled out a three-year "demonstration project" to subsidize these premiums, aiming to keep them artificially low. However, despite the appearance of relief, some critics are saying that taxpayers will fund a dramatic increase in subsidies — from $30 per recipient per month in 2024 to $142.70 in 2025 — raising concerns about the long-term impact on government spending and debt. 

</snip>

"They've destroyed Part D premiums," Grogan told Fox News Digital in an interview. "I'm not sure it'll survive legal scrutiny if someone were to sue. Objectively, it shouldn't be done. It's just interjecting $5-$10 billion of taxpayer dollars, while the taxpayers are paying the price 85 days before an election. It's sickening."

"This is only going to get worse in 2025, 2026," Grogan continued. "The program is in a death spiral. They announced a three-year demo. It's already broken. The demo is going to fail. Premiums are still going to go up."

Paragon Health Institute, a health care research group, called the CMS demo plan a "fake, costly demonstration," in a recent analysis. 

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

I think Harris is going to win unless she pukes on herself between now and the election.  And they've got her so bubble-wrapped, that's not likely to happen.  She doesn't have to do anything but appear at carefully scripted events so that the press can fawn over her and run cover for her.  By the time September rolls around, she ought to be ready to debate to the point that it will only be a disaster for her -- not an unmitigated disaster.

Last month's Convention was the Republican high water mark because Biden was still running.  Biden's team coined the term "double haters" because they recognized that the only thing keeping each candidate in the race was the presence of the other one. Looks like, since one of the hateful candidates has withdrawn, some of the double haters have made up their minds. She may be a horrid choice, but enough people don't hate her more than they hate Trump.  All the Tweets pointing out Harris' hypocrisy and incompetence are irrelevant. 

It is pretty telling when these people gravitate to a candidate that they don't know anything about and will still vote for her.  Any other candidate -- besides Trump -- would annihilate Harris.

And it is a pretty messed up election when it comes down to the winner being the successor to the guy who dropped out first.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Boo 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, snafu said:

I think Harris is going to win unless she pukes on herself between now and the election.  And they've got her so bubble-wrapped, that's not likely to happen.  She doesn't have to do anything but appear at carefully scripted events so that the press can fawn over her and run cover for her. 

She doesn't have to do anything...at all.  She's already been declared the winner of the debates.  

It's the triumph of what can be, unburdened by the need to actually do anything.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

She doesn't have to do anything...at all.  She's already been declared the winner of the debates.  

It's the triumph of what can be, unburdened by the need to actually do anything.

Very Gen-z.

I'm surprised that anyone in my generation is falling for this -- but then again, people are generally really emotional and stupid.

• Popcorn 1

The Georgia Supreme Court unanimously ruled that private contractors working for the government are also subject to public records requests. This means citizens can now obtain evidence from companies involved in elections like Dominion [voting machines]

The court concluded in its ruling that “a request for public records related to a private contractor’s services to a public agency can be served upon non-agency custodians of the relevant public records — including the private contractor if he or she is the custodian of the records sought — and the Court of Appeals erred in concluding otherwise.”

To clarify, the case was spawned from a man who, in 2022, sought records from a college contractor but was denied by the Fulton County Superior Court and Georgia Court of Appeals. It wasn't election-related, but I couldn't help but confirm with Georgia patriots, who told me this is HUGE NEWS in their fight to secure the 2024 election and get accountability for the stolen 2020 election

By the way, it's not just Dominion; Runbeck Election Services also does a lot of work in Georgia. They contract with Fulton and other counties to print and sort ballots. If anything goes "wrong" in November's election, we now have a foolproof way to get to the truth before they delete everything

This is one of the most significant rulings in recent history.

If the court is declaring that contractor records relating to their work for the government are public records. This also means Dominion, Runbeck, and all other election contractors have to follow the retention law prescribed by U.S. code and Georgia law

52 USC §20701: "Every officer of election shall retain and preserve, for a period of twenty-two months from the date of any general, special, or primary election...all records and papers which come into his possession relating to any application, registration, payment of poll tax, or other act requisite to voting in such election...

Ga. Code § 21-2-52: All primary and election documents in the office of the Secretary of State shall be preserved therein for a period of at least 24 months; and then the same may be destroyed unless otherwise provided by law.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Georgia Supreme Court unanimously ruled that private contractors working for the government are also subject to public records requests. This means citizens can now obtain evidence from companies involved in elections like Dominion [voting machines]

The court concluded in its ruling that “a request for public records related to a private contractor’s services to a public agency can be served upon non-agency custodians of the relevant public records — including the private contractor if he or she is the custodian of the records sought — and the Court of Appeals erred in concluding otherwise.”

To clarify, the case was spawned from a man who, in 2022, sought records from a college contractor but was denied by the Fulton County Superior Court and Georgia Court of Appeals. It wasn't election-related, but I couldn't help but confirm with Georgia patriots, who told me this is HUGE NEWS in their fight to secure the 2024 election and get accountability for the stolen 2020 election

By the way, it's not just Dominion; Runbeck Election Services also does a lot of work in Georgia. They contract with Fulton and other counties to print and sort ballots. If anything goes "wrong" in November's election, we now have a foolproof way to get to the truth before they delete everything

This is one of the most significant rulings in recent history.

If the court is declaring that contractor records relating to their work for the government are public records. This also means Dominion, Runbeck, and all other election contractors have to follow the retention law prescribed by U.S. code and Georgia law

52 USC §20701: "Every officer of election shall retain and preserve, for a period of twenty-two months from the date of any general, special, or primary election...all records and papers which come into his possession relating to any application, registration, payment of poll tax, or other act requisite to voting in such election...

Ga. Code § 21-2-52: All primary and election documents in the office of the Secretary of State shall be preserved therein for a period of at least 24 months; and then the same may be destroyed unless otherwise provided by law.

Not sure the USC applies to a Georgia Supreme Court decision, for two reasons: 1) if it did, I suspect the decision wouldn't have to have been made.  And 2) separation of powers - federal records retention laws shouldn't apply to state government contractors.  

Pretty sure 2 would still apply - I can't fathom any circumstances where a state supreme court decision would defer to federal law.  Haven't read the decision though, so...

Also shocked this case even had to be heard.  25 years of federal work, it's engrained in me that ALL my work product is federal property subject to records retention laws and regulations.  I've actually gotten approval before to use personal workstations for government work...where I had to turn over the PC when I left the project (compromised, and gave them the hard drive.)  Genuinely stunned that this wasn't de facto law at any state level, and had to be ruled on.

• Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Very Gen-z.

I'm surprised that anyone in my generation is falling for this -- but then again, people are generally really emotional and stupid.

"We know she's not a good candidate...but how can you fall for Trump's lies?????"

Well...I don't really.  I just think you people are completely butt-&#%$ing insane, and prefer his individual issues to your deranged systemic dishonesty.

• Popcorn 1