Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Election Season

Crap Throwing Clavin

Pennsylvania Judge Rules Butler County Voters Cannot Cure ‘Naked’ Mail-in Ballots

As a result of a ruling issued last Friday by a Pennsylvania judge, Butler County voters will not be able to cure defective mail-in ballots that are missing inner secrecy envelopes — also known as “naked ballots.”

The ruling, which is expected to be appealed, upholds a prior decision from the Butler County Board of Elections refusing to allow two voters to cure their “naked” mail-in ballots cast in the state’s 2024 primary election.

“It is the voter’s burden to ensure they have completed the steps necessary for their mail-in ballot to be included in the tabulation,” last week’s order reads. The judge added that it is the task of the Pennsylvania Legislature, not the court, to implement a new set of curing procedures to remedy defective mail-in ballots. 

Pennsylvania is among a few states that require individuals who vote by mail to place their ballots in an inner secrecy envelope before then putting them in an outer envelope. The issue of naked ballots became particularly contentious in the Keystone State ahead of the 2020 election, which spurred litigation that culminated in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court holding that naked ballots are “invalid.”

Friday’s ruling out of Butler County originates from a lawsuit filed in April by the ACLU of Pennsylvania on behalf of two voters who — in an effort to cure their naked ballots — cast provisional ballots on Election Day, which the county subsequently refused to count.

</snip>

• Like 3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• IDBillzFan

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

That's a treasonous bill. It's basically codifying the invasion, which everyone knows is the intent of the defenders of Democracy. When you aren't permitted to recognize the difference between men and women and infanticide is health care, just invert the meanings of words and their actions become lucid.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Ann said:

The only thing missing from these plans is finding out that Taco Bell won the fast food war.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Ann said:

“It is the voter’s burden to ensure they have completed the steps necessary for their mail-in ballot to be included in the tabulation,” last week’s order reads.

Wait...you mean someone FINALLY decided that maybe, just MAYBE, it's the voter's responsibility to cast their vote properly?  

Shit I've been saying since Florida shit the bed in 2000.  Why does it take the courts a quarter-century to catch up to me?  :facepalm:

• Like 5
  • I don't know 1

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So crime is down under Biden? 

Most cities no longer report, so they claim crime is down.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

The Guy In Pants

I shared a post on Facebook and received a message from a high school friend. She married this beta douche from Canada. Not surprised, but she asked me if I really felt that the people who are supported Biden and now support Harris are incompetent. I said yes.  She said I should to let politics come between friends. She will support Harris because America needs her. 

Everyone says not to do that. I don't give a flying rats ass. 

Over 50 Farewell memes & gifs to say goodbye in style - Banter

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The world will be a better place when this guy finally goes away.

Kamala Campaign Hires Notorious Election Meddler To Serve As Legal Counsel

If Elias’ past (and present) tells us anything, it’s that Harris’ team is gearing up to fight tooth and nail to win this election in the courts if it can’t win at the ballot box.

Vice President Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign has hired notorious election meddler Marc Elias to join their legal team to focus on potential recounts.

Elias is bringing along “lawyers from his growing firm” this go-around after having previously served as general counsel for Harris’ primary campaign during the 2020 election cycle, The New York Times (NYT) reported. Other members of Harris’ legal team include Bob Bauer, “who served as personal counsel to President Biden for years,” Dana Remus, who served as general counsel to Biden’s 2020 campaign, and Vanita Gupta, a former “top Biden Justice Department official” who will serve as an “informal adviser,” The Times reported.

</snip>

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I shared a post on Facebook and received a message from a high school friend. She married this beta douche from Canada. Not surprised, but she asked me if I really felt that the people who are supported Biden and now support Harris are incompetent. I said yes.  She said I should to let politics come between friends. She will support Harris because America needs her. 

Why?

Someone tell me.  Why does American need Harris?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Even if the rat was walking or dead.

TDS big time, she must sit at home watching The View, CNN and MSNBC all day. If all the cool celebrities and talking heads say Harris is our savior, it must be true, ah.

• Cheers 2