Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Election Season

Crap Throwing Clavin

Spartacus
11 hours ago, Cinga said:

Just wanted to be sure.... First, when confronted with Harris frailties why do you feel you need to fall back on Trump attacks? Are her deficiencies so bad you can't defend them without whatabouts? 

But even then you are espousing a Harris talking point that even politifact says in only a half truth

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/sep/20/kamala-harris/kamala-harris-exaggerates-scale-of-donald-trumps-i/

This is all interesting to me since psychologically liberals and many in the media seem to follow the lead as if given their script everyday they will rarely stray from as if it causes emotional distress if they do. Similar to Harris when her teleprompter quit working the other day. 

Do you too feel that distress when your beliefs are challenged? I've even seen it descend into physical distress and I just want to be sure we monitor you for signs of this for purely scientific reasons of course

instead of monitoring him,

just ignore him

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• IDBillzFan

Spartacus
3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You're being obtuse, that was an amnesty bill and you know it as not a dime of that was allowed to be used for a wall

half truths and lies, presented as "facts"

just ignore him

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

42 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

half truths and lies, presented as "facts"

just ignore him

I very rarely put anyone on ignore simply because I really like hearing opposing views and having my own challenged. Doing that helps me grow as a person, but also helps me to understand their mindset a little better and then of course helps me to be prepared with a reply

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Doesn't mean anything, as #Resist will always take precedence over laws, rulings, and common sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

JoshAllen
3 hours ago, Cinga said:

No, because I don't give a f*** but obviously some people do or it wouldn't have come up at all. ANd there you go with the whataboutisms again. Do you really feel your candidate is so fundamentally flawed you have to keep doing that instead of defended her and her policies?

With all due respect, you appear to be deflecting from your candidate's shortcomings.

While Kamala is far from perfect, as a conservative, I cannot support someone who shows no respect for the oath, Constitution, or the American people.

I voted for him in 2016, but never again.

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 2
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllen said:

With all due respect, you appear to be deflecting from your candidate's shortcomings.

While Kamala is far from perfect, as a conservative, I cannot support someone who shows no respect for the oath, Constitution, or the American people.

And you're not even original in thought, thank you so much for playing!

JoshAllen
2 hours ago, Cinga said:

You're being obtuse, that was an amnesty bill and you know it as not a dime of that was allowed to be used for a wall

That's not correct. 

JoshAllen
4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And you're not even original in thought, thank you so much for playing!

It's simple logic.

Trump had full control of Washington for two years yet didn't prioritize immigration reform.

Deranged Rhino
16 minutes ago, JoshAllen said:

All you've done in this thread is deflect from the direct questions you've been asked. (Which is giveaway #1 that you're not here sincerely). 

Let's cut to the quick: Are you planning to vote for Harris?

• Popcorn 1

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, JoshAllen said:

It's simple logic.

Trump had full control of Washington for two years yet didn't prioritize immigration reform.

This is false. And it betrays a staggering naivety as to how Washington really works. Having the majority of one power in two of the branches of government does not give any sitting POTUS "full control". Certainly not a man who was targeted by both sides of the aisle since he destroyed and exposed the sacred cows of the Bush and Clinton dynasties on his way through the primary process. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

JoshAllen
3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But guys like @JoshAllen think the bigger problem isn’t kids being exploited by the powerful for blackmail and extortion purposes - but that the media is “mean” to Harris. 

Could you please point out where I specifically stated that the media's treatment of Harris was more important than the exploitation of children? Or is this simply your standard response to anyone who doesn't conform to MAGA groupthink?

JoshAllen
54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is false. And it betrays a staggering naivety as to how Washington really works. Having the majority of one power in two of the branches of government does not give any sitting POTUS "full control". Certainly not a man who was targeted by both sides of the aisle since he destroyed and exposed the sacred cows of the Bush and Clinton dynasties on his way through the primary process. 

I respectfully disagree. How did Trump manage to pass the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017 but fail to push through an immigration bill in 2018? What changed?

Disappointing he could achieve one major piece of legislation but not the other, especially given his emphasis on immigration reform during his campaign.

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, JoshAllen said:

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All you've done in this thread is deflect from the direct questions you've been asked. (Which is giveaway #1 that you're not here sincerely). 

Let's cut to the quick: Are you planning to vote for Harris?

Still deflecting. Why won’t you answer a simple and direct question? 

Are you planning to vote for Harris?

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, JoshAllen said:

I respectfully disagree.

Like I said: this is a stunning display of naivety about how DC functions. It’s not about DNC vs GOP. It’s about the establishment (which co-opts both wings) vs the People. 

Trump NEVER had total control while in power. He was hobbled from the start when the outgoing administration decided to shred the tradition of a peaceful transition of power by creating the phony RussiaGate narrative which was designed to undercut the incoming, legally elected POTUS. 

Funny how you’re so up in arms about the constitution but are so quick to overlook this seminal moment. Gee. I wonder why? 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

NC elections board pass bipartisan resolution to support voting access in WNC

During a meeting Monday, the State Board of Elections voted unanimously on a resolution that provides local county offices more power to ensure voting access.

The resolution, which applies to Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey counties, involves a series of provisions that range from modifying early voting sites and schedules to allowing for additional locations for voters to drop off their absentee ballots.

"Additionally, we know there's going to be challenges regarding maintaining the poll workers at these voting sites, both early voting and election day. So what this resolution allows is county boards, by a bipartisan majority vote, to appoint election officials who are registered in other counties, to appoint emergency election day assistance, to re-assign poll workers to different locations," said Board of Elections General Counsel Paul Cox.

"We really do have two critical issues here. One is to ensure that our citizens have access and that no one is denied the right to vote because of these logistical problems. And second, that we maintain the integrity to ensure that the count is correct," said Alan Hirsch, who serves as the Chair of the Board of Elections.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Applause 2