Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What's visiting your yard?

Mahoney

CarpetCrawler
On 7/3/2024 at 10:23 PM, Fansince88 said:

Someones sheep is squatting under my deck. Got home from my daughters today. Have seen it on the security camera for the last 3 days.  So far, none of the sheep farmers around us has claimed her. Our dog, Obi has run her off twice 

20240703_153927.jpg

After seeing the picture, I'm not surprised no farmer has claimed it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

After seeing the picture, I'm not surprised no farmer has claimed it.

Dog ran it off that day and it never came back. Good thing because it ate the brides Hosta plants. She was not happy and somehow it was my fault that this happened while we were both at my grandaughters house over 400 miles away. 

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Dog ran it off that day and it never came back. Good thing because it ate the brides Hosta plants. She was not happy and somehow it was my fault that this happened while we were both at my grandaughters house over 400 miles away. 

Of course it's your fault, that's what husbands are for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ninety-4
On 11/20/2023 at 9:14 PM, Ann said:

Lol

I expected Bill Murray to be lurking in the background.  

• Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

I expected Bill Murray to be lurking in the background.  

If I was that farmer, it would have eaten lead a long time ago.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
Posted (edited)

Large Gopher Tortoise greeted us at the new place, sets up shop next to the silkie chickens under our giant mango tree and shares mangos that fall from the tree with them. Not even scared of us after only 2 days of learning we'll give him fruit, lets us walk up and change out his mango when it's gone lol. Great seed cleaners between him and the chickens, making life easy.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin

Wife yesterday: "Don't walk through the lawn.  Since the deer's been sleeping in our yard, we have deer ticks, I don't want you to pick any up and bring them in the house."

Also wife yesterday: spends ten minutes with the deer eating apples right from her hand.

Yeah, neither's a real threat to pick up deer ticks...but honey, your logical construct of appropriate deer interaction is very unsound.  :facepalm:

(And yes, "logical construct of appropriate deer interaction" is how I talk to my wife.  No, she doesn't listen to me.)

• Haha 3
  • Popcorn 1

mead107

How much woodchuck could you eat to night if I catch one and put it in the oven tonight? 

Crap throwing Calvin 

make some meat up on the grill tonight and when your wife takes her first bite ask her how she likes the deer meat. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, mead107 said:

How much woodchuck could you eat to night if I catch one and put it in the oven tonight? 

Crap throwing Calvin 

make some meat up on the grill tonight and when your wife takes her first bite ask her how she likes the deer meat. 

Neighbor hunts; he's threatened to hunt deer in our yard.  Jokingly...he knows better than to fire any weapons (including a bow) in this neighborhood.  Houses are too densely packed.

He does do his own butchering in his backyard, though.  He's pretty good about it - hangs tarps so no one has to see it.  But when he takes the scent glands out, we get every deer for a mile in our yard.

• Like 2

Fansince88

This little girl. Stood on my porch looking through the sliding glass door looking at the dogs barking back at her. Bride is allergic to cats so she cant stay here. Why would people drop off cats like this. Guess we spend some time finding her a good home. 

20240712_215853.jpg

20240712_215218.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

We've got a family of deer that have become regular visitors - doe, buck, two fawns (couldn't get a good shot of the doe or the other fawn today.

image.thumb.jpeg.0a99d18d8ebb1fa2ac81b92da264e211.jpeg

They come around every couple of days for apples.  Wife throws them apple slices, they eat about half and leave the others.  So now neighbors are pissed about having apple slices all over their yard - today, about eight whole apples sliced.  :facepalm:

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Also...didn't get a picture.  But a squirrel orgy.

No shit, two pairs of mating squirrels rolling around the backyard.  I know they breed...but kind of strange to see.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Also...didn't get a picture.  But a squirrel orgy.

No shit, two pairs of mating squirrels rolling around the backyard.  I know they breed...but kind of strange to see.

Puts a new twist on the expression "SQUIRREL!!!!"

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

We've got a family of deer that have become regular visitors - doe, buck, two fawns (couldn't get a good shot of the doe or the other fawn today.

image.thumb.jpeg.0a99d18d8ebb1fa2ac81b92da264e211.jpeg

They come around every couple of days for apples.  Wife throws them apple slices, they eat about half and leave the others.  So now neighbors are pissed about having apple slices all over their yard - today, about eight whole apples sliced.  :facepalm:

Be careful of those deer ticks!:chair:

Crap Throwing Clavin

Neighbor's cat is visiting our yard - we're maybe adopting her ourselves next week.  Taking her to the vet for a checkup, make sure she's healthy, spayed...

...oh, wait, definitely not spayed.  There's another stray in the backyard - an intact tom (who the &#%$ lets intact tomcats roam the neighborhood) - mounting her right now.

Between the deer family, the squirrel orgy earlier this week, now this...god damn animals are getting more action than I am.  My backyard's turning into a wildlife bordello. 

• Like 1

Fansince88
On 8/16/2024 at 6:21 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Neighbor's cat is visiting our yard - we're maybe adopting her ourselves next week.  Taking her to the vet for a checkup, make sure she's healthy, spayed...

...oh, wait, definitely not spayed.  There's another stray in the backyard - an intact tom (who the &#%$ lets intact tomcats roam the neighborhood) - mounting her right now.

Between the deer family, the squirrel orgy earlier this week, now this...god damn animals are getting more action than I am.  My backyard's turning into a wildlife bordello. 

Do you call your wife to the window and say this to her in disgust?

JmEWbBr.jpg

This little guy was on the (screened in) lanai this morning. These lizards frequently sneak in and love to hang out by the pool, on the patio, decking, and especially on the screens. 

That's nothing new or bad, except that a couple of his buddies snuck into the house this week. 

We found one, very dead baby lizard, in a muffin tin (that drawer is low to the ground below the oven). The second one (also a baby) startled me when I found it in the spare bathroom. Hubby put a glass over it, slipped a magazine under it, and released it into the wild aka the front yard grass.

We put down sticky pads (which look lovely... not!) and haven't gotten any bodies yet. 

lizard.thumb.jpg.911fce361f3651ac1d39b15f12669ccd.jpg

• O Rly 1