Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

Nifty tech, I suppose — but without arrests and prosecutions, what’s the point?

• Like 1

devnull
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Nifty tech, I suppose — but without arrests and prosecutions, what’s the point?

Targeted advertising.  You're browsing the merch but don't buy something, then get an alert for 10% off what you were just looking at

Cashless society/Universal basic income.  Take what you want and it is automatically deducted from your balance

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, devnull said:

Targeted advertising.  You're browsing the merch but don't buy something, then get an alert for 10% off what you were just looking at

Cashless society/Universal basic income.  Take what you want and it is automatically deducted from your balance

Walk by a Pride display without genuflecting, and you will be fined one dollar for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thread continues, but there's what is being referenced.

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Funny enough, "algebra" is a westernization of the Arabic "Al-Jabr," meaning "the counting," and the title of the book describing such written by al-Kwharizmi...whose name gives us the word "algorithm."

Person thought they were making a joke.  Turns out...not really...

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Funny enough, "algebra" is a westernization of the Arabic "Al-Jabr," meaning "the counting," and the title of the book describing such written by al-Kwharizmi...whose name gives us the word "algorithm."

Well ya see norm…

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I thought algorithm was when you fly all over world on a private jet, to preach at globalist events about how no one should be allowed to fly because it’s bad for the environment.

But, maybe I’m confusing that with what inventing the internet was called.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4merper4mer

Posting this mostly for @Crap Throwing Clavin because:

1. It involves a bunch of people basically calling Roger Penrose stupid which I’m sure will give him a chuckle.

2. It’s a very good YouTube channel in general.  Tons of great videos.

3. It use the word quantum too many times to count.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/14/2024 at 4:55 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So, the complete opposite of a post by Pete. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Posting this mostly for @Crap Throwing Clavin because:

1. It involves a bunch of people basically calling Roger Penrose stupid which I’m sure will give him a chuckle.

2. It’s a very good YouTube channel in general.  Tons of great videos.

3. It use the word quantum too many times to count.

Enjoy

I couldn't begin to count how many "human consciousness and quantum mechanics" sources I've seen that completely lack an understanding of both human consciousness and (particularly) quantum mechanics.  

And I have quantum mechanics textbooks that use the word "quantum" less than that video does.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

So, the complete opposite of a post by Pete. 

Oh yeah...Pete...I forgot about him.

Pretty much, yes.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:45 PM, Hedge said:

I thought algorithm was when you fly all over world on a private jet, to preach at globalist events about how no one should be allowed to fly because it’s bad for the environment.

But, maybe I’m confusing that with what inventing the internet was called.

I think you Are mistaking it for Taylor Swift jetsetting and her laqorithm tour

4merper4mer
20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I couldn't begin to count how many "human consciousness and quantum mechanics" sources I've seen that completely lack an understanding of both human consciousness and (particularly) quantum mechanics.  

And I have quantum mechanics textbooks that use the word "quantum" less than that video does.  :classic_laugh:

Well if Penrose doesn’t cut it for you, maybe this chick explaining sitcom math will be interesting.  Instead of saying “quantum”, she says “like”.  

@Deranged Rhino picked out her hair accessories so she’d seem more credible.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Well if Penrose doesn’t cut it for you, maybe this chick explaining sitcom math will be interesting.  Instead of saying “quantum”, she says “like”.  

@Deranged Rhino picked out her hair accessories so she’d seem more credible.

Spoiler Alert: the Drake Equation is useless.

devnull
33 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSj-CjJinVv11Hd9GdZi3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wait one goll durn second here.  Are you trying to say a mathematical equation where literally every single variable's true value is a guestimate (at best) has no ACTUAL value?  But, but, Carl Sagan devoted nearly an entire episode of Cosmos to the Drake Equation.  Surely there MUST be value in that.

(Spoiler alert, there was a LOT of value ($$$$$) in that to Sagan and the producers of Cosmos.  But, for actually being of any use beyond a marketing ploy; yeah, not so much.)

Nouseforaname
43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wait one goll durn second here.  Are you trying to say a mathematical equation where literally every single variable's true value is a guestimate (at best) has no ACTUAL value?  But, but, Carl Sagan devoted nearly an entire episode of Cosmos to the Drake Equation.  Surely there MUST be value in that.

(Spoiler alert, there was a LOT of value ($$$$$) in that to Sagan and the producers of Cosmos.  But, for actually being of any use beyond a marketing ploy; yeah, not so much.)

Definitely useless but Carl Sagan was awesome. 

• Like 1

Fansince88
On 6/14/2024 at 7:55 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS STUFF?? Also, WHY DO YOU KNOW THIS STUFF??