Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Game Three: Bills @ Bears (Saturday, August 26, 2023)

Ann

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

To an extent, I don't disagree. I'm just not sold on K. Allen. Barkley does have a certain smarts, which can help mitigate other deficiencies.

Makes wonder if we could have thrown a 7th in '25, in addition the a 4th next year for Lance.

That's such a weird dynamic.  Lance would cost like $6M next season (this year would be fine) and then the 5th year option, which would be pretty much impossible.

I don't think he's anywhere near ready for our offense if he can't play in SF's.  Especially at this stage of the year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

McDermott told Freeland that the Bills will meet with every player before they leave Soldier Field today. Sounds like exit interviews, they are going to know the 53 man roster when the game is done. 

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Is he the odd man out in San Fran?

He got traded to Dallas yesterday for a 4th.  Apparently we were in on him but Dallas made a better offer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Is he the odd man out in San Fran?

He was traded to the Cowboys for  4th yesterday. We were one of the other teams in talks with the 9ers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's such a weird dynamic.  Lance would cost like $6M next season (this year would be fine) and then the 5th year option, which would be pretty much impossible.

I don't think he's anywhere near ready for our offense if he can't play in SF's.  Especially at this stage of the year.

Right. What is stranger, is the capital San Fran gave up to acquire the rights to the kid. Shanahan's offenses are very QB friendly. Lance might have been completely lost in our offense. And maybe that is part of K. Allen's problem.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

So, I haven’t watched since the second offensive drive. (My shop got busy and so I needed to work)

I just looked at the stat line and saw that neither Kincaid nor Knox have had a catch. Did they both get pulled after the first quarter, or have they not been utilized?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So, I haven’t watched since the second offensive drive. (My shop got busy and so I needed to work)

I just looked at the stat line and saw that neither Kincaid nor Knox have had a catch. Did they both get pulled after the first quarter, or have they not been utilized?

Kincaid has played and his contribution was drawing penalties. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Maybe we'll get lucky with cuts the next couple weeks and find a good #2. What's the cap hit if we outright cut K Allen? 

$350k but it's not going to happen.  Barkley would go first.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

"I hope me get another backup quarterback" as she's traversing the kitchen...

- Things My Wife Says Watching Football

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Right. What is stranger, is the capital San Fran gave up to acquire the rights to the kid. Shanahan's offenses are very QB friendly. Lance might have been completely lost in our offense. And maybe that is part of K. Allen's problem.

Ownership got involved and made the decision that Purdy “deserves the chance to be the starter” after his performance last season.

After that, Lance had to be traded, because you’d have a divided locker room if he wasn’t.

Lance was never going to be given the opportunity to remain on the roster, much less being made the #2 and creating a QB controversy.

• Cheers 1

Beane just said they need to discuss whether or not they will bring Miller off the pup before the season starts or leave him on it for the first month of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

The BILLS run defense/DLine has been pretty damn good in this game.

I can't wait to see what that group does this year. They have the potential to be the best in the league. Hopefully we remain healthy all year.

• Cheers 2