Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Game Three: Bills @ Bears (Saturday, August 26, 2023)

Ann

Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen meets with the media following the 24-21 win over the Chicago Bears to close out the preseason. Topics Include: The mindset going into the final preseason game compared to last week at Pittsburgh, the importance of complimentary football, and the play of rookie O’Cyrus Torrence at guard.

Josh Allen: “Guys Were Ready To Go” | Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott meets with the media following the 24-21 win over the Chicago Bears to close the preseason. Topics Include: The decision on pulling offensive starters after the first series and throughout the first quarter, the defensive play-calling by John Butler today, as well as the success of the run game.

Sean McDermott: “Nice To Finish Off The Preseason With A Win” | Buffalo Bills

Makes ya wish they’d put a camera on the press corpse (BO reference) so you could have a better flavor of the dynamic. It certainly sounded like only two reporters were there. HCSM seemed to walk off early. Maybe because there wasn’t a very robust media presence. 

Also, anything further on what Cynthia Freelander reported at the half that exit interviews would be given to those who were being released today? 

Strange vibe on the plane ride back to Buffalo if that happened. 

• Like 1

Buffalo Bills head coach didn’t call defense in preseason finale - Who did?

Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott took over the play-calling duties for his defense after Leslie Frazier decided to step away from his position as defensive coordinator after last season.

But in the Bills’ preseason finale against the Chicago Bears on Saturday, McDermott didn’t call the defense. He handed over the call sheet to defensive backs coach John Butler and said that he did a great job.

McDermott at first said that “we’ll see” when it comes to whether he’ll call the defense against the New York Jets in the regular season opener. He clarified after his post-game press conference that he will indeed resume calling the defense against the Jets in two weeks.

“I just wanted to see (the team) come out ready to play and see certain things,” McDermott said. “That’s part of the reason why I didn’t call the plays either on the defense. I wanted to be able to have my eyes available and see certain things from our team and for the most part, I saw that early at least and then we got started getting some guys out.”

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Nanker said:

How does something like that happen?

Take it from someone who has been doing a bit of flying lately: the airlines are a complete clusterphuck at multiple levels.

We literally schedule travel a day earlier than needed because you know they're going to phuck something up.

And the worst part is how little their customer service reps care. Not even a smidge. 

On 8/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Onalim is already out.  I guess he's banged up since the announcer said he hasn't practiced with the Bears.

I loved the Bears announcers pointing out his lack of practice is why he overran the play in the first series.  

• Haha 4

On 8/26/2023 at 1:06 PM, Fansince88 said:

I will preface this with I will be ok and they will figure it all out but not looking like I will probably not watch the game but join you all. Im sitting in Samaritan Medical Center Hospital in Watertown. Have been here since 9:30 last night. Getting my own room soon. Have been experiencing an issue with irregular heartbeat drops to 60 and then climbs to 145. @Crap Throwing Clavin, can we hold off the Idiot reference till next week. Not really feeling it. Unless that is great therapy for you then let it fly my friend! Prayers appreciated all and GO BILLS

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Im home. They are still not sure what caused this. Said it probably wasnt meds although they changed the two that I was suspect of. Also my Magnesium was within range but on the low side. They gave me Magnesium via IV and I leveled right out. Have a follow-up with my Cardiologist and PCP. We shall see. 

This was my heart:

Edited by Fansince88

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Take it from someone who has been doing a bit of flying lately: the airlines are a complete clusterphuck at multiple levels.

We literally schedule travel a day earlier than needed because you know they're going to phuck something up.

And the worst part is how little their customer service reps care. Not even a smidge. 

I used to be kinda morbidly thankful for 9/11 because it got rid of the "sit at the airport with person you care about for hours waiting for them to leave", which was one of my least favorite things in life. Now I can just "tuck and roll" whoever I drop off outside ticketing and immediately get back to my life. 

It's now turned into the automatic excuse for why everything involving the airport is an absolute gaggle of retardia.  My new rule is basically "if it's within 12 hours driving distance, time to hop in the car."  &#%$ the airlines, FAA, politicians, terrorists, TSA, etc.  You're all idiots and I hope you die from spontaneous combustion.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I used to be kinda morbidly thankful for 9/11 because it got rid of the "sit at the airport with person you care about for hours waiting for them to leave", which was one of my least favorite things in life. Now I can just "tuck and roll" whoever I drop off outside ticketing and immediately get back to my life. 

It's now turned into the automatic excuse for why everything involving the airport is an absolute gaggle of retardia.  My new rule is basically "if it's within 12 hours driving distance, time to hop in the car."  &#%$ the airlines, FAA, politicians, terrorists, TSA, etc.  You're all idiots and I hope you die from spontaneous combustion.

We have to be going overseas to fly, and even then we look for a transatlantic or transpacific cruise to see if we can make it work.

If I ever won a big lottery jackpot (assuming I ever played the lottery), the one thing in my life that would change would be flying commercial. It would be over.

• Cheers 1

Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media on Sunday August 27th. Topics include; evaluate the corner position, how Guard O'Cyrus Torrence played this preseason, getting the roster down to 53 players by Tuesday, his takeaway from Quarterback Kyle Allen's play yesterday vs Chicago, and an injury update.

Sean McDermott: “Continue to Evaluate" | Buffalo Bills

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah...right after 9/11, my rule was 5 hours.  Now it's 12.

Year before last, I had to go to Birmingham, AL for work.  The flight was some dipshittery of driving to BWI, getting through security, fly to Cleveland, layover in Cleveland, fly to ATL, rent a car, drive to Birmingham.  Said "&#%$ it, I'm driving."

Got there before everyone else, with all my shit, and got to be completely alone for 22 hours.  Great trip, except for being in &#%$ing Alabama.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Agreed.

My wife always suggests I fly to Buffalo to visit my mom.  I tell her that I’d be in Syracuse by the time my plane took off and at her front door quicker than if I flew. And I get the added bonus of not having to interact with anyone.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Agreed.

My wife always suggests I fly to Buffalo to visit my mom.  I tell her that I’d be in Syracuse by the time my plane took off and at her front door quicker than if I flew. And I get the added bonus of not having to interact with anyone.

But think of the complimentary plastic cup of water you’d be missing. Not to mention the 2 Oz. bag of Planters Peanuts! You have to factor that into your equation. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...right after 9/11, my rule was 5 hours.  Now it's 12.

Year before last, I had to go to Birmingham, AL for work.  The flight was some dipshittery of driving to BWI, getting through security, fly to Cleveland, layover in Cleveland, fly to ATL, rent a car, drive to Birmingham.  Said "&#%$ it, I'm driving."

Got there before everyone else, with all my shit, and got to be completely alone for 22 hours.  Great trip, except for being in &#%$ing Alabama.

I am guessing it was the wealthy ‘burb? The last time we were there we ate at a really high end steak house (it was delicious). That suburb (Mountain Brook?) is really something else. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am guessing it was the wealthy ‘burb? The last time we were there we ate at a really high end steak house (it was delicious). That suburb (Mountain Brook?) is really something else. 

Actually, misspoke.  It was Huntsville.  Birmingham would have been easier - straight flight in.

I still would have driven.  Private time.

• Cheers 2