Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Game Three: Bills @ Bears (Saturday, August 26, 2023)

Ann

Deranged Rhino
40 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

After that last performance it’s clear that the team is rusty and needs to play.

I'd still rather they not. Only for my own stress levels. 

(unless they're breaking in the newly acquired Jonathan Taylor :classic_ninja: )

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd still rather they not. Only for my own stress levels. 

(unless they're breaking in the newly acquired Jonathan Taylor :classic_ninja: )

Interesting choice of words there DR.

• Haha 2

And because of being rusty, they may get the doors blown off Week 1 on primetime and ATOP will lose their minds. Week 1 is always an overreaction. 

If Josh blows out an elbow or knee in a preseason game to be less like the Tin Man and get lubricated, the season ends before it begins. 

Rust away, starters. I'll bring the PB Blaster for ya in Week 1.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

And because of being rusty, they may get the doors blown off Week 1 on primetime and ATOP will lose their minds. Week 1 is always an overreaction. 

If Josh blows out an elbow or knee in a preseason game to be less like the Tin Man and get lubricated, the season ends before it begins. 

Rust away, starters. I'll bring the PB Blaster for ya in Week 1.

If Josh Allen blows out an elbow or knee anytime between now and January, the season is over. If we do it early enough, we'll lose enough games to get a top 3 draft pick next year, so let's get this party started early! [/ATOP Usually]

• Haha 4

Nouseforaname
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If Josh Allen blows out an elbow or knee anytime between now and January, the season is over. If we do it early enough, we'll lose enough games to get a top 3 draft pick next year, so let's get this party started early! [/ATOP Usually]

We need to build around him so that in ten years, we could be a contender.

32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yes! Winning games is bad for the team. We’ve heard that before. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Madden curse.

• Sad 1

Shoe Ka Go… home of Portillo’s great hot dogs, and Italian Beef sandwiches. 

I was tentative, and skeptical before I had my first Chicago style hot dog, but I quickly became a fan. They’re very different from the Western New York dogs with “everything” which usually includes a hamburger based “hot sauce” that is akin to Texas chili. Those are still my favorites - when I’m back in WNY. 

I just hope nobody gets hurt tomorrow. The next week is going to be chaotic. There are going to be about 1,000 players cut on the same day. It’ll be pandemonium. So glad GMBB is at the helm of this ship. 

• Cheers 1

SiriusXM Channel 387 for Saturday’s game against da bears. 

Now they’re saying Channel 803. 

Edited by Nanker
Lineup changed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

I was tentative, and skeptical before I had my first Chicago style hot dog, but I quickly became a fan. They’re very different from the Western New York dogs with “everything” which usually includes a hamburger based “hot sauce” that is akin to Texas chili. Those are still my favorites - when I’m back in WNY. 

I just hope nobody gets hurt tomorrow. The next week is going to be chaotic. There are going to be about 1,000 players cut on the same day. It’ll be pandemonium. So glad GMBB is at the helm of this ship. 

We had a Portillo's near us in SoCal, and their Italian beef packed on top of an italian sausage with a beef dipping sauce is just ridiculously good. So good, we order it from time to time and have it shipped to our house, and it is 100% as good as having it at the restaurant.

Italian_Beef_Sausage_Combo

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

CarpetCrawler
47 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

We had a Portillo's near us in SoCal, and their Italian beef packed on top of an italian sausage with a beef dipping sauce is just ridiculously good. So good, we order it from time to time and have it shipped to our house, and it is 100% as good as having it at the restaurant.

Italian_Beef_Sausage_Combo

I never knew such a thing existed, I'm totally fascinated by this. I must recreate it.

Is that a sweet Italian sausage?  Would brown gravy do for the sauce?  Are those pickled hot peppers?

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

Yes those are very popular in the Chicago area.  Chicago Italian beef is very good but a good beef on weck is a notch above IMO.  Chicago dogs are unique and very good, unless you're prone to acid reflux.  

We've got an anchor bar franchise that opened in the western Chicago burbs.  They serve beef on weck, but they don't quite have it right at this location.  The beef has been a bit overcooked the few times I've been there, and possibly not same day fresh.  I've tried coaching up one of the managers 😀.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1