Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Game Three: Bills @ Bears (Saturday, August 26, 2023)

Ann

watch Alec Anderson today.

another strong performance will push Bates off the roster

trade him back to Chicago

Bates was big a part of the interior getting shredded last year.

you know whatr you get from him, and its barely passable  

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I never knew such a thing existed, I'm totally fascinated by this. I must recreate it.

Is that a sweet Italian sausage?  Would brown gravy do for the sauce?  Are those pickled hot peppers?

It’s giardinera an Italian condiment. The juice is like French au jus (similar to consommé). 

https://www.portillos.com/menu/restaurant/beef-and-sausage-sandwiches/

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

I've tried coaching up one of the managers 😀.  

Yeah, I’d do this.

And then I’d realize I’m one of those people in the “don’t be your parents” commercials.

Yesterday, I told the guy at the diner that his (ONE DOLLAR!!!) coffee is inconsistent because they’re not grinding the beans enough. I think I need a couple Dr. Rick sessions.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Yes those are very popular in the Chicago area.  Chicago Italian beef is very good but a good beef on weck is a notch above IMO.  Chicago dogs are unique and very good, unless you're prone to acid reflux.  

We've got an anchor bar franchise that opened in the western Chicago burbs.  They serve beef on weck, but they don't quite have it right at this location.  The beef has been a bit overcooked the few times I've been there, and possibly not same day fresh.  I've tried coaching up one of the managers 😀.  

You know it's preseason when we're discussing food in a preseason game thread.

I am talking over my head about this, but I believe local water, altitudes, etc. play a role in the flavor and texture of the bread. My understanding from people who have tried to replicate beef on weck in other states is that the challenge is not the beef but the kimmelweck.

Oh, and looking forward to the game today. It's a good day to stay off the intrawebs.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, snafu said:

Yeah, I’d do this.

And then I’d realize I’m one of those people in the “don’t be your parents” commercials.

Yesterday, I told the guy at the diner that his (ONE DOLLAR!!!) coffee is inconsistent because they’re not grinding the beans enough. I think I need a couple Dr. Rick sessions.

I do like those commercials, especially given how little I seem to have in common with people my age...that being said i don't accept mediocrity.  If that's "being like my parents" then I'll just live with it.

• Cheers 1

I will preface this with I will be ok and they will figure it all out but not looking like I will probably not watch the game but join you all. Im sitting in Samaritan Medical Center Hospital in Watertown. Have been here since 9:30 last night. Getting my own room soon. Have been experiencing an issue with irregular heartbeat drops to 60 and then climbs to 145. @Crap Throwing Clavin, can we hold off the Idiot reference till next week. Not really feeling it. Unless that is great therapy for you then let it fly my friend! Prayers appreciated all and GO BILLS

• Love 6

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

I will preface this with I will be ok and they will figure it all out but not looking like I will probably not watch the game but join you all. Im sitting in Samaritan Medical Center Hospital in Watertown. Have been here since 9:30 last night. Getting my own room soon. Have been experiencing an issue with irregular heartbeat drops to 60 and then climbs to 145. @Crap Throwing Clavin, can we hold off the Idiot reference till next week. Not really feeling it. Unless that is great therapy for you then let it fly my friend! Prayers appreciated all and GO BILLS

I thought it was good therapy for you.  :classic_laugh:

Take care of yourself.  Feel better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1