Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Israel Has Declared a State of War

Hedge

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

How to win people over to your side, leftist style.

Well...that's creative thinking, at least.  

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

The obvious jokes and antisemitic tilt to this subject aside (not trying to make any of those connections) - what's the saying? The Military Industrial Complex's tech is 10-20 years ahead of what they show the public and commercial sectors... 

So, this is likely only already operational (not necessarily in use) but has been for some time. Not just by Israel. 

• I don't know 1

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The obvious jokes and antisemitic tilt to this subject aside (not trying to make any of those connections) - what's the saying? The Military Industrial Complex's tech is 10-20 years ahead of what they show the public and commercial sectors... 

So, this is likely only already operational (not necessarily in use) but has been for some time. Not just by Israel. 

Isn’t Israel the one testing it to ensure it works ? Despite all the military tech there’s only one way to really know if it works.  

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Isn’t Israel the one testing it to ensure it works ? Despite all the military tech there’s only one way to really know if it works.  

I guess what I'm saying is, if they're telling us they're testing it now - they likely already have been testing and using it (along with other nations) for awhile now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course.  The YAL-1 ABL was tested successfully in the early 2000's (used to talk to Paul about that; he'd said it was more advanced, and more successful than was publicly admitted).  The AN/SEQ-3 was deployed on USS Ponce ten years ago, and declared operational after testing.  The USS Ford, and the upcoming DDG(X) Arleigh Burke replacement, are designed with excess available power for powering laser weapons (one of the reasons the Burke is being replaced - the power usage is maxxed out, it can't support any more upgrades.)  And reports are the Air Force's NGAD is being designed to support laser weapons.

It's nothing new.  What's new about Iron Beam is that it won't just be a weapon, but a part of an integrated defense system.  But the laser itself...I'll bet that's been in existence, and burning targets, for 20 years.  Just hasn't been able to do it at speed or in volume, for not being part of an IADS.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

CNN would never ask that.  They'd fawn all over her for assuming the responsibility, and tell everyone how that makes her the Best Presidential Candidate Ever.  

That's a Fox News question.

That's an anybody question.

Too bad we have cheerleaders instead of news outlets.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, snafu said:

That's an anybody question.

Too bad we have cheerleaders instead of news outlets.

By "Fox News" question, I meant they'd be the only outlet in the WHPC to have anything resembling the guts to ask such an adversarial question.  So...same thing, basically.

Mahoney

Lots of folks wondered why I, a Jew, and my wife, an Asian, would move to deep-red Oklahoma. It's simple, really. Christians and Catholics aren't the enemy. And they continue to prove it daily:

Top Christian universities condemn campus antisemitism and pledge safe haven for Jewish students

Two major Christian universities condemned campus antisemitism and promised safety for Jewish students, condemning hate and violence on campuses.

The Jewish vote is changing, my friends. I've been meaning to start a post on that for a while now, with numerous examples I've witnessed in my own family. Shabbat dinners used to be political Battle Royals. That hasn't been the case in six months. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Lots of folks wondered why I, a Jew, and my wife, an Asian, would move to deep-red Oklahoma. It's simple, really. Christians and Catholics aren't the enemy. And they continue to prove it daily:

Top Christian universities condemn campus antisemitism and pledge safe haven for Jewish students

Two major Christian universities condemned campus antisemitism and promised safety for Jewish students, condemning hate and violence on campuses.

The Jewish vote is changing, my friends. I've been meaning to start a post on that for a while now, with numerous examples I've witnessed in my own family. Shabbat dinners used to be political Battle Royals. That hasn't been the case in six months. 

Not in America but definitely in Europe. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

About two blocks from where I used to work.  About a block from the Capitol.  

I hope The Dubliner's okay.  Nice Irish pub.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Joe, or Jill?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

How to win people over to your side, leftist style.

To make it worse, WE are responsible for the security of a visiting dignitary which means the Biden/Harris administration once again fails to secure a high profile target

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

To make it worse, WE are responsible for the security of a visiting dignitary which means the Biden/Harris administration once again fails to secure a high profile target

SS

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not in America but definitely in Europe. 

mostly because the mooslums and immigrants.