Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Is McDermott the HC for the future???

SquirminThurman

On 11/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, You Dirty Rat said:

He is not a  head coach.

A good defensive coordinator 

The latter is even questionable now. After what has gone down lately, it's really debatable.

• Cheers 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:59 PM, Ninety-4 said:

But is has been at times.  Allen fumbled the ball on his own 27 yard line late in game 1 against the jets.  Jets then got a FG to tie the game.  He also threw a pic in the 4th quarter on the Jax 7 yard line.  2 turnovers against the Bengals and 3 turnovers against the Broncos.  Close games each of them and turnovers in bad parts of the field (their own end or when driving in opponent territory) likely made a difference.

With all that said, Allen left the field with the lead late in 4 games this year. Had McDumbf***s defense closed out those games as they should have, the Bills are sitting at 10-2 right now! 

The Allen blaming is nuts, he's a generational talent and some just want to keep blaming him and excusing the coach, unf***ing believable!

Edited by Big Gun
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

SquirminThurman
On 11/27/2023 at 8:32 PM, Fansince88 said:

Your reading comprehension needs work. I had this written down as a loss before the season began. Is that easier for you to comprehend?

Personal attack not needed. And no, I don't have your pre-season W-L expectations hanging in my office. The point I've been making, and others are seeing and posting is that the defense and ST is crumbling late in games. JA and the offense walk off the field with the lead. I think we even agree on that.

Edited by SquirminThurman

Nouseforaname
41 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Personal attack not needed. And no, I don't have your pre-season W-L expectations hanging in my office. The point I've been making, and others are seeing and posting is that the defense and ST is crumbling late in games. JA and the offense walk off the field with the lead. I think we even agree on that.

Having a game noted as a loss earlier in the season isn’t anything special.  We can all guess that we might lose to a powerhouse on the road but how we’ve lost all recent games comes down to coaching.  

If he wants to stick with McD, fine but I agree with @Alaska Darin, he’s Tony dungy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

I am simply restating my statement and you still think you need my w-L expectations in your office? We agree that Josh does what it takes to win. Where we dont agree is dumping a coach that has earned the right to prove it. Last week, no. Last 5 years yes, IMO he has. I think this struggle is he is managing a game and the D that was thrust upon him after Leslies replacement opportunities were gone because he quit on the team in February.  Im giving him an out for that and willing to see him through another season. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I am simply restating my statement and you still think you need my w-L expectations in your office? We agree that Josh does what it takes to win. Where we dont agree is dumping a coach that has earned the right to prove it. Last week, no. Last 5 years yes, IMO he has. I think this struggle is he is managing a game and the D that was thrust upon him after Leslies replacement opportunities were gone because he quit on the team in February.  Im giving him an out for that and willing to see him through another season. 

Pretty sure it wasn't Leslie who quit on the team...

• O Rly 1
  • Wow 1

20 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

can't wait until Frazier is back next year to fix the mess made by McD

• Haha 1
  • Boo 3

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Per Leslie it was. He said after a while of thinking about all they went through the season he decided emotionally he could not continue without a rest. Did you see the interview I think about a week or so ago?

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/leslie-frazier-reveals-truth-about-bills-exit/

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Per Leslie it was. He said after a while of thinking about all they went through the season he decided emotionally he could not continue without a rest. Did you see the interview I think about a week or so ago?

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/leslie-frazier-reveals-truth-about-bills-exit/

I don’t buy it to be honest. 

46 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I don’t buy it to be honest. 

I cant help if you don't want that to be the case. You believe what you want to believe I guess.

11 hours ago, Big Gun said:

With all that said, Allen left the field with the lead late in 4 games this year. Had McDumbf***s defense closed out those games as they should have, the Bills are sitting at 10-2 right now! 

The Allen blaming is nuts, he's a generational talent and some just want to keep blaming him and excusing the coach, unf***ing believable!

3 games with leads before the last possession (Pats, Broncos, Eagles).  In Denver game the Bills had 3 turnovers, 3 punts and 1 turnover on downs.  Jets game 3 turnovers and the D held Jets to 16 points in regulation.   Jags, 6 punts and 2 turnovers.  There's blame to go around.  Allen is a generational talent, but you've got a short memory if you don't think the offense hasn't shit the bed in some of the losses.  

1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

3 games with leads before the last possession (Pats, Broncos, Eagles).  In Denver game the Bills had 3 turnovers, 3 punts and 1 turnover on downs.  Jets game 3 turnovers and the D held Jets to 16 points in regulation.   Jags, 6 punts and 2 turnovers.  There's blame to go around.  Allen is a generational talent, but you've got a short memory if you don't think the offense hasn't shit the bed in some of the losses.  

Jets game was squarely on Josh. Turnover machine.  He did horrible. Lets fire the coach though. Jags, I blame the coach for not flying out early. That said, Offense played horrible also. Lets fire the coach. Eagles game, Personally I dont think the refs were going to let us win that game. I have to ask, have we ever won a Hochuli officiated game. Either Sean or Ed? But hey, lets fore the coach. Once again, I keep him for another year. You are 100% correct. There is blame to go around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

The offense has had their issues no doubt but the defense is more to blame IMO! 

Jets, Pats and Broncos all shouldn't have score more than 17 each and Eagles should have had 24 tops.

WhatsAppImage2023-11-28at20_12.37_04952ae1.thumb.jpg.e86a121a962d868d526aa74113e668a3.jpg

Edited by Big Gun
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Dan Orlovski from 6:20 on the McD approach to preventing the 59 yd FG to tie the game 

making it too easy by not contesting what the Eagles obviously wanted (easy completions to the short side of the field and get out of bounds)

the only thing McD missed was to call some timeouts to let the Eagles regroup

• Like 2

Firstly, on what planet would Josh Allen be running away with the league MVP with 17 turnovers? Secondly, the playoff loss to the Bengals, we're just letting the offense off the hook because the defense didn't play well? I was completely stunned at how lifeless the Bills offense looked in that game. Thirdly, yes I agree, not ever winning a Super Bowl with Josh Allen as your quarterback would be a massive underachievement. Josh is only 27, a Super Bowl championship is coming, but you're probably making it a steeper climb in the short term if you're resetting with a new coaching staff. Remember, Josh's only NFL HC has been McDermott. 

Otherwise I get the frustration expressed in this video. But that's a lot of negativity for a HC with a .624 winning percentage and 3 consecutive division titles. He even made a postseason once with Tyrod Taylor. 

Season isn't over, this Bills team is still capable of a strong finish and possibly making some noise in the postseason. Yes, to this point, it's been a very disappointing season, but putting it on McDermott to the extent of firing the guy is an overaction. My opinion could change if they lose 4 of the next 5 but as of right now I'm sticking with McDermott for 2024.      

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Second winningest head coach in all 4 professional sports leagues in the US since 2019.

He ain’t getting fired after one trying season. #BillsMafia

since.jpg.d60d87219d5aff433a17d23b584fd99f.jpg

AND the Sabres were THIS CLOSE to being in the 7th row.  Look at how many teams have been worse than them over the past 4 years!!!  (And that INCLUDES an 18 game losing streak in there.)

• Like 1