Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Is McDermott the HC for the future???

SquirminThurman

I think Sean has to explore different approachs to late game defensive schemes and philosophy. I think he needs another defensive voice that he believes in and help him detect opponents 2nd half offensive  adjustments. Try determining how to adjust and be HC, hellva multitasking.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Nelson59 said:

I think Sean has to explore different approachs to late game defensive schemes and philosophy. I think he needs another defensive voice that he believes in and help him detect opponents 2nd half offensive  adjustments. Try determining how to adjust and be HC, hellva multitasking.

all true. 

Matt Milano D Jones and Tre’ White wish they could help. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

The line backers coach?

I think he was involved in 26 wins over 5 seasons total on the Jags and Bears as DC. 

26 and 54 isnt a glairing number if you ask me. Points against in those years was horrible to. No thanks. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Did we just locate Joes speech writer?

Kamala's.  

As for Sean, He's got a big decision to make this off season with his OC.  I suspect he'll be getting some "advice" on that from Beane and Pegula.   

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Kamala's.  

As for Sean, He's got a big decision to make this off season with his OC.  I suspect he'll be getting some "advice" on that from Beane and Pegula.   

If we see the offense continue to improve then the biggest decision will be DC in my opinion. 

• Like 3

WTF  Tyler go off the deep end, or looking for clicks?

I keep reading headlines about Sean talking rumors for about a week. 

rubbish I say

when was the last time you heard anything from OBD?

22 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Ok, I missed it. What horrific thing did he say and when?

He apparently used the 9/11 terrorists as an example how important it is for everyone to be on the same page, work together and communicate well in order to achieve their goals.

I'm not here to defend that analogy, but McDermott isn't the first person to discuss tactics used by bad people to accomplish big tasks. Besides, it's not he like compared it to the J6'ers. I mean, THAT is literally worse than 9/11.

In the end, the entire Tyler Dunne "Buffalo Has A Sean McDermott Problem" is precisely what you get from a sports journalist who will spend days talking to people off the record in order to get a big hit piece that gets picked up by the entire free world so he's the most famous poor sports journalist as the bar tonight.

I guess we'll see what the team thinks of McDermott on Sunday. Will they play for him, or will they fulfill the dreams of all Buffalo sports journalists and quit the team, blow the entire place up, and once again return the Buffalo Bills to their rightful place where no free agents ever want to sign here again.

Fun while it lasted, boys.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

He apparently used the 9/11 terrorists as an example how important it is for everyone to be on the same page, work together and communicate well in order to achieve their goals.

Yes, it's a little ill-considered. 

But c'mon, people, get a friggin' grip.  It's not like he used the 2007 Patriots as an example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Jokes aside, Air Raid puts some context around the piece.

I said Ty Dunne’s piece shouldn’t be taken seriously and I meant it. Never said the stories he told weren’t true.

The man set out to dig up as much dirt on Sean McDermott as he could. It was targeted. It was intentional… and at the end of the day it’s all frivolous.

Dude wrote that article like he uncovered Watergate. It’s football. It ain’t that serious.

All he did was embarrass a guy who already apologized to the people he needed to apologize too.

Is McDermott a control freak? Yeah.

Did he think his coaches were getting too close to players? Probably.

Does he think Josh is immature and Stef is a headache? Probably.

Did he use an INSANELY DUMB analogy? Yes.

But he’s a decent person, who has his flaws. You can criticize him without vilifying him.

Those taking victory laps today and celebrating all this are disgusting. Toxicity FUELS YOU… think about what that makes you as a person. (I’m guilty of it myself)

And don’t think Ty didn’t choose this week of all week’s to release this. It’s personal to Ty. McDermott fired his source (Whaley) and his buddy (Monos)

• Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Jokes aside, Air Raid puts some context around the piece.

I said Ty Dunne’s piece shouldn’t be taken seriously and I meant it. Never said the stories he told weren’t true.

The man set out to dig up as much dirt on Sean McDermott as he could. It was targeted. It was intentional… and at the end of the day it’s all frivolous.

Dude wrote that article like he uncovered Watergate. It’s football. It ain’t that serious.

All he did was embarrass a guy who already apologized to the people he needed to apologize too.

Is McDermott a control freak? Yeah.

Did he think his coaches were getting too close to players? Probably.

Does he think Josh is immature and Stef is a headache? Probably.

Did he use an INSANELY DUMB analogy? Yes.

But he’s a decent person, who has his flaws. You can criticize him without vilifying him.

Those taking victory laps today and celebrating all this are disgusting. Toxicity FUELS YOU… think about what that makes you as a person. (I’m guilty of it myself)

And don’t think Ty didn’t choose this week of all week’s to release this. It’s personal to Ty. McDermott fired his source (Whaley) and his buddy (Monos)

So I get it now.  The bills were 13 seconds away from going to the afc championship but all of a sudden, memories came flowing through of mcd’s speech in 2019 and boom, the defense collapsed and the rest is history.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

So I get it now.  The bills were 13 seconds away from going to the afc championship but all of a sudden, memories came flowing through of mcd’s speech in 2019 and boom, the defense collapsed and the rest is history.

One of the things I read was that Dunne didn't like that McD got rid of Ty's buddies/sources, Whaley and Monos.

🤷‍♂️

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

One of the things I read was that Dunne didn't like that McD got rid of Ty's buddies/sources, Whaley and Monos.

🤷‍♂️

Dunne also points out that the Bills don't give his organization press credentials or access to the team...

Which immediately made me wonder how much these articles could be trusted, given that his sources would be biased by lack of access to former Bills coaches, staff, and players.  That alone made what of it I read (I'm not paying him to read it) sound like axe-grinding.