Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Is McDermott the HC for the future???

SquirminThurman

57 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Dunne also points out that the Bills don't give his organization press credentials or access to the team...

Which immediately made me wonder how much these articles could be trusted, given that his sources would be biased by lack of access to former Bills coaches, staff, and players.  That alone made what of it I read (I'm not paying him to read it) sound like axe-grinding.

Another whiny BIlls journalist bitch. I feel like the Wawrow/Sullivan/Timmah team had a similar reaction a few years ago because they weren't given the Wonka gold ticket to access coaches, etc.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ann said:

sounds a lot like he was trying to channel Marv Levy's use of historical references in his motivational speeches, 

unfortunately, 9/11 was not far enough in the past

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The nfl will discipline McD because he made a poor analogy to his players four years ago ?

Good analogy.  Poor reference.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

sounds a lot like he was trying to channel Marv Levy's use of historical references in his motivational speeches, 

unfortunately, 9/11 was not far enough in the past

And it's less an example of successful teamwork, and more an example of "authorities working behind the scenes to create a false flag to justify a predetermined narrative and exert control over the population."

It's probably the analogy Alberto Riveron uses with the officiating crews, right?    But the only thing 9/11 has in common with the Bills is Josh Allen hitting receivers with hypersonic missiles, just like Homeland Security hit the Pentagon.

New to the forum...

McDermott is a good man and doesn't deserve to be targeted, nor does he deserve the venom and vitriol from many "fans."  I think he has taken a step back as a head coach this season, being perhaps stretched too thin being the DC as well.  I agreed with the decision on Dorsey.  I think Dorsey had Josh thinking too much rather than just playing football.  I wish McD would do the same and fire himself as the DC.  Apparently, this is not going to happen.  So...let's play the rest of the season out, and post season let the chips fall where they may.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

New to the forum...

McDermott is a good man and doesn't deserve to be targeted, nor does he deserve the venom and vitriol from many "fans."  I think he has taken a step back as a head coach this season, being perhaps stretched too thin being the DC as well.  I agreed with the decision on Dorsey.  I think Dorsey had Josh thinking too much rather than just playing football.  I wish McD would do the same and fire himself as the DC.  Apparently, this is not going to happen.  So...let's play the rest of the season out, and post season let the chips fall where they may.  

I'd be very surprised if the Bills didn't have a true DC in '24.  I also think McD's OC choice for next year will be a tough one (assuming he's still the HC).  Brady may do well, but he's pretty inexperienced and more similar to Dorsey in that regard.  If I'm Pegula I want the best coaches possible and while Joe is familiar, there may be better resumes available in the off-season.  Joe might in the minds of many deserve to keep the job but not get it due to his youth.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

I'd be very surprised if the Bills didn't have a true DC in '24.  I also think McD's OC choice for next year will be a tough one (assuming he's still the HC).  Brady may do well, but he's pretty inexperienced and i more similar to Dorsey in that regard.  If I'm Pegula I want the best coaches possible and Joe is familiar but there may be better resumes available in the off-season.  Joe might in the minds of many deserve to keep the job but not get it due to his youth.  

I think whether Joe Brady keeps the job beyond this season will depend on how well the offense continues to play.  Should the Bills make the playoffs and do well offensively, I don't see how you could not entrust the offense to Brady next year...presuming McD is still the HC.  We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And it's less an example of successful teamwork, and more an example of "authorities working behind the scenes to create a false flag to justify a predetermined narrative and exert control over the population."

It's probably the analogy Alberto Riveron uses with the officiating crews, right?    But the only thing 9/11 has in common with the Bills is Josh Allen hitting receivers with hypersonic missiles, just like Homeland Security hit the Pentagon.

But Homeland Security didn't exist on 9/11.

Sean McDermott said his mind has been spinning the past 24 hours since Tyler Dunne's story, which McDermott referred to as "clearly an attack on my character."

"It's been disappointing. It's been hurtful. At the end of the day, I know who I am. At the end of the day, I know how I handle myself. As I've said, humbly, I'm not without flaws. I wake up every morning and try and do the best job that I can to win games for the fans of the Buffalo Bills and do it the right way. And that's my main goal every day."

• Popcorn 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Sean McDermott said his mind has been spinning the past 24 hours since Tyler Dunne's story, which McDermott referred to as "clearly an attack on my character."

"It's been disappointing. It's been hurtful. At the end of the day, I know who I am. At the end of the day, I know how I handle myself. As I've said, humbly, I'm not without flaws. I wake up every morning and try and do the best job that I can to win games for the fans of the Buffalo Bills and do it the right way. And that's my main goal every day."

Next will be the phase where someone points out how no current players or coaches have come to McDermott's defense, and that's obvious proof that he should be fired.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, snafu said:

Next will be the phase where someone points out how no current players or coaches have come to McDermott's defense, and that's obvious proof that he should be fired.

Obviously, I've no idea what the real truth here is, whether or not Dunne is grinding a personal axe, or if McD is the control freak Tyler would have everyone believe. All I really have to go by is the eye test here. 

With everything I can see, while there may be some truth in Dunne's words, in no way does what he alledge seem to have any real weight attached to his words. If half of what he aledges is felt by players and management, this team probably would have quit on him at least two years ago. And if not that long ago, for sure this past year after the dreaded playoff exit against the Bengals.

While this past year has left a lot to be desired, I just don't see a team that is mailing it in. IMO, we have definite issues with the decisions being made in certain areas, especially late in games, but those are not translatable to the players checking out and lending validity to Tyler's words.

Truthfully, bad bounces and the seeming snakebit nature of this franchise, are just as plausible as any other explanation being offered at this point.

I believe we have the once in a lifetime unicorn. While Sean has resurrected the franchise and been stellar in remaking it, he may not be the one to secure the holy grail. For me, there are a good number of indications that speak to this purview.

That said, and not that I have a say in the matter but, I am willing to let the rest of this year play out and then take inventory and decide whether or not we should move on and try to revamp this window JA17 is giving all of Bills Mafia.

It does suck the discussion is where it is at... :13 seconds is the foundation though.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

With everything I can see, while there may be some truth in Dunne's words, in no way does what he alledge seem to have any real weight attached to them. If half of what he aledges is felt by players and management, this team probably would have quit on him at least two years ago. And if not that long ago, for sure this past year after the dreadedplayoff exit against the Bengals.

Even if it were all true (and it may be), where's the law that says everyone is entitled to a great boss?

While this past year has left a lot to be desired, I just don't see a team that is mailing it in. IMO, we have definite issues with the decisions being made in certain areas, especially late in games, but those are not translatable to the players checking out.

This team is certainly not mailing it in.  If they were  then we wouldn't see the last-minute leads that turn into breakdowns.

I believe we have the once in a lifetime unicorn. While Sean has resurrected the franchise and been stellar in remaking this franchise, he may not be the one to secure the holy grail. For me, there are a good number of indications that speak to this purview.

That said, and not that i have a say in the matter but, I am willing to let the rest of this year play out and then take inventory and decide whether or not we should move on and try to revamp this window JA17 is giving all of Bills Mafia.

Yep, people can't wait for the future to become the past.  Everyone wants to pile on.  This team feels, to me, better than last year's 13-3 team, even with the injuries on defense.  Sitting at 6-6, McDermott is to blame for a lot of that and, to me, if this team doesn't get back to the AFCCG then there should be a plan for a future without McDermott.  At the same time, I'm in the "be careful what you wish for" camp.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is what makes me *not* NFL GM material.

I would have told everyone to get the eff over themselves with this 9/11 story.  And that would have been my only comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yep, people can't wait for the future to become the past.  Everyone wants to pile on.  This team feels, to me, better than last year's 13-3 team, even with the injuries on defense.  McDermott is to blame for a lot of that and, to me, if this team doesn't get back to the AFCCG then there should be a plan for a future without McDermott.  At the same time, I'm in the "be careful what you wish for" camp.

I think we are better, and I hate to say it but, now that Brady is the OC.

If it comes that we do move on from McCoach, I certainly hope Pegula would entertain retaining Beane and letting him chose the next HC. 

I know, at least I think, him and Sean are close, they have had a long working relationship together, dating back to their Panther days. But, that friendship should transcend the best interests of one another, and allow for seperate paths.

• Popcorn 2