Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

OC - Joe Brady

Foxx

Spartacus
3 hours ago, Ann said:

he should watch a lot of the KC offense to duplicate their use of downfield picks and screens to constantly free up Kelce. He is so wide open because another KC WR is running interference for him.

Would have been the perfect role for Gabe Davis and tremendous blocking ability and clumsy route running.

Can we get some completed passes to wide receivers who are moving when they’ve caught the ball?  Everything seems to be throws to stationary targets who get minimal yards after the catch.  

And maybe install a couple RB screen passes.

Dump the “tush push.

Dump the WR screen.

Did the WR end around get banned and I missed that?

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, snafu said:

Dump the “tush push.

The Buffalo Stampede converts.

(I'd like to see the tush push banned before someone gets hurt.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Can we get some completed passes to wide receivers who are moving when they’ve caught the ball?  Everything seems to be throws to stationary targets who get minimal yards after the catch.  

And maybe install a couple RB screen passes.

Dump the “tush push.

Dump the WR screen.

Did the WR end around get banned and I missed that?

I love the tush push 

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Brady was getting interviews. Maybe even had an offer on the table. Who knows?

This feels like one of those things people say to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This feels like one of those things people say to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Someone coming in from the outside is always a risk.  It was the right choice.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Ann said:

You know, I have heard that from a lot of people this year. Serious question. Has anyone been close to getting hurt? Seems just as dangerous as any football play to me.

• Like 1

Fansince88
7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Agree.

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Someone coming in from the outside is always a risk.  It was the right choice.  

Also agree. 

My thought is he had been interviewing for the job since he took over. if they won 50% of the games then take a harder look outside. Im confident in his ability to call the game while it is happening. Lets see what he drums up from his own play book. It should be interesting. 

• Like 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

You know, I have heard that from a lot of people this year. Serious question. Has anyone been close to getting hurt? Seems just as dangerous as any football play to me.

injury more likely in the downfield pushing and pulling of RBs by OL going full speed

9 hours ago, Ann said:

I think these are lazy takes. There was no need for a ‘larger scale’ process. Brady has been interviewing for the last two months.  I’m sure McDermott had a pretty good idea he was the guy.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I don’t know, but I keep expecting it to happen.

• Like 1

Spartacus

video clips of the core play designs

let's hope the play designs work without Jefferson and Chase running away from DBs

https://theathletic.com/1606403/2020/02/20/teds-film-room-core-concepts-from-lsu-that-oc-joe-brady-may-use-in-carolina/

Ted’s Film Room: Core concepts from LSU that OC Joe Brady may use in Carolina

New Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady has been non-committal about what his offense will look like in Carolina. His philosophy is that he doesn’t have a system. He wants to shape his offense based on the strengths of his players and that takes time to do. Brady, who was hired in January after a year as LSU’s passing game coordinator, has to not only dive deep into the Panthers’ film, but he also has to see them on the field for complete evaluations.

“(The LSU coaching staff) found what our players did well and we put them in position to have success,” Brady said at his introductory press conference. “We weren’t just running plays to run plays. We were looking to find what our guys do well and that takes time. In the professional league, that’s OTAs, that’s minicamp, that’s training camp.”

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:11 AM, Ann said:

I don't like it either.  Injury risk might be low but asking a QB that already subjects himself to a lot of contact each game to engage in more seems like a bad call.  Also, that play isn't football to me.  It's a scrum and I believe not legal on the other side of the ball.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Alaska Darin
17 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

I don't like it either.  Injury risk might be low but asking a QB that already subjects himself to a lot of contact each game to engage in more seems like a bad call.  Also, that play isn't football to me.  It's a scrum and I believe not legal on the other side of the ball.   

It's a matter of time before a lineman gets seriously injured and I 100% agree with your "that play isn't football" take. 

• Like 3

Spartacus
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's a matter of time before a lineman gets seriously injured and I 100% agree with your "that play isn't football" take. 

probably also need to scale back the downfield scrum as well.

massive bodies moving closer to full speed.

surprised legs have not broken 

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I may remember this incorrectly, but wasn't this the kind of play when Mahomes had his kneecap dislocated?