Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills @ Chiefs - Week #14

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I guess if I had any quibble with the Toney offsides play, it would be that the refs didn't blow it dead immediately after the snap, which it should have been.

Even when the refs are right, they are still just terrible.

That eliminates the chance of a turnover or the defense stopping them for a loss while advancing the down count though. If the offense gets the benefit of a free play for defensive offsides, the defense should get the same benefit for offensive. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Ann

• Ninety-4

• Fansince88

2 minutes ago, devnull said:

I'm not familiar with the entire rule regarding offensive offsides, but play is not always stopped for defensive offsides

Defensive offsides is different but thinking about it a bit more, I was thinking about a false start immediately being blown dead, I'm not sure how a player lining up offside on offense is handled. Time to look up the rule book....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

Listening to espn and nfl network this morning no is talking about how the bills won. Sure they did not play a clean game but the early 14 pts they scored early and some key defensive plays help set them up. All you hear is the complaining and talk about offsides. How about giving credit to our bills for coming in as underdogs and competing. How about they talk about how cook slice and diced kc defense and how cook exposed their defense. Guess that does not matter since Andy and mahomes did not get their way.

BTW most everyone agree it was offsides. No question about it is clear. Just accept your player made a bonehead move and move on.

The Bills played a good game.  KC's defense played a good game, too.  That play by Kelce was fantastic.  Bills won, KC lost.

And to be fair, did anyone give credit to the Eagles two weeks ago, or did you hear a lot of bitching about horse collar tackles, intentional grounding, and fumbles not called?

13 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

That eliminates the chance of a turnover or the defense stopping them for a loss while advancing the down count though. If the offense gets the benefit of a free play for defensive offsides, the defense should get the same benefit for offensive. 

I believe you are correct. My bad. :thumb:

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I guess if I had any quibble with the Toney offsides play, it would be that the refs didn't blow it dead immediately after the snap, which it should have been.

Even when the refs are right, they are still just terrible.

I didnt think offsides (offense or defense) is a penalty where they blow the play dead at the snap. Could be wrong though.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

The Bills played a good game.  KC's defense played a good game, too.  That play by Kelce was fantastic.  Bills won, KC lost.

And to be fair, did anyone give credit to the Eagles two weeks ago, or did you hear a lot of bitching about horse collar tackles, intentional grounding, and fumbles not called?

Good point did not consider that touché. Well played. Checkmate 😊

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

I didnt think offsides (offense or defense) is a penalty where they blow the play dead at the snap. Could be wrong though.

You are correct.  Which is why offensive offsides is such a killer; the play runs and seemingly more often than not it runs successfully.  But, don't move too far downfield boys.  That one's coming back.  Snicker.  Snicker.  (Unless it's against the Bills; in which case it's "they're killing me, Whitey, they're killing me."

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Good point did not consider that touché. Well played. Checkmate 😊

Would leave it at Check.  Slight difference between griping about calls that non-partial observers say were called incorrectly vs griping about A call that even Chef fans admit was called correctly.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

Josh probably didn't see it because he was too busy paying attention to the unblocked blitz on the right side of the line

He didn't have time to get his feet right.  He had two guys in his face and couldn't step up, even if he had the time to see Davis wide open.  KC brought six pass rushers.  By throwing the ball away, Josh saved about 10 yards on the go-ahead FG try.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, devnull said:

Josh probably didn't see it because he was too busy paying attention to the unblocked blitz on the right side of the line

From what I saw kc turned up the heat and Steve spaghetti was sending pressure Josh had move around. Buffalo needs to do better in handling that imo

Random after The Sleep thoughts:

1) incredibly gritty win!

2) the Bills, right now, are not a team anyone wants to face. These last 2 games showed a team that hasn’t been there since very early in the season.

3) while I haven’t read the McDermott hit piece, anything that gives the team an us against the world feeling can’t hurt right now when it comes to focusing energies into resiliency, camaraderie, and a general desire to knock an opponents teeth into the dirt on every play.

4) it sucked that most of the country missed more than 10 minutes of game time in the first quarter, and the NFL needs to figure out how to not have this happen in future. HUGE middle finger to the NFL for causing problems for nationally televised game in the second half of a double header. 

5) I would gladly trade missing the first 10 minutes of the game to expose the Chiefs beloved QB as being perhaps the biggest fugging baby in the league to a huge viewership. Bad calls suck. In the rare cases when the officials actually get it correct, and you cry about it, ha! The number of viewers must have been huge at the end of the game...Bills vs Chiefs, tight game, less than a minute to go, history of WOW finishes...EVERYONE who is a NFL fan and was around a tv would have been tuned in. 

6) Many years ago, 7th grade, Austin, Texas. Played my first year of organized football, WR and DB. One of the rules we were taught as WRs was to look at the sideline official to see if you were lined up offsides, because they literally will signal to let you know if you are. Toney is a dumbass, who lacks the basic fundamentals.

7) If you have ever stepped on a football field, you know that those 10 yards don't look nearly as far in person as it does on tv. Mahomes has taken probably 10's of thousands of snaps in his lifetime and is intimately familiar with the line of scrimmage within those 10 yards, formations, and EXACTLY where people should be lined up. I think it's very likely that as he looked over the field before the snap, he noticed that Toney was out of place in the formation. So, while I'm not a psychologist, don't play one on tv, or didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn last night, I think Mahomes outburst may have been because *he knew* there was a problem, but thought they would get away with it.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Random after The Sleep thoughts:

1) incredibly gritty win!

2) the Bills, right now, are not a team anyone wants to face. These last 2 games showed a team that hasn’t been there since very early in the season.

3) while I haven’t read the McDermott hit piece, anything that gives the team an us against the world feeling can’t hurt right now when it comes to focusing energies into resiliency, camaraderie, and a general desire to knock an opponents teeth into the dirt on every play.

4) it sucked that most of the country missed more than 10 minutes of game time in the first quarter, and the NFL needs to figure out how to not have this happen in future. HUGE middle finger to the NFL for causing problems for nationally televised game in the second half of a double header. 

5) I would gladly trade missing the first 10 minutes of the game to expose the Chiefs beloved QB as being perhaps the biggest fugging baby in the league to a huge viewership. Bad calls suck. In the rare cases when the officials actually get it correct, and you cry about it, ha! The number of viewers must have been huge at the end of the game...Bills vs Chiefs, tight game, less than a minute to go, history of WOW finishes...EVERYONE who is a NFL fan and was around a tv would have been tuned in. 

6) Many years ago, 7th grade, Austin, Texas. Played my first year of organized football, WR and DB. One of the rules we were taught as WRs was to look at the sideline official to see if you were lined up offsides, because they literally will signal to let you know if you are. Toney is a dumbass, who lacks the basic fundamentals.

7) If you have ever stepped on a football field, you know that those 10 yards don't look nearly as far in person as it does on tv. Mahomes has taken probably 10's of thousands of snaps in his lifetime and is intimately familiar with the line of scrimmage within those 10 yards, formations, and EXACTLY where people should be lined up. I think it's very likely that as he looked over the field before the snap, he noticed that Toney was out of place in the formation. So, while I'm not a psychologist, don't play one on tv, or didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn last night, I think Mahomes outburst may have been because *he knew* there was a problem, but thought they would get away with it.

Had no idea. I knew it was close but the game came on with maybe 15 seconds to spare, didn't miss any of it. 10 minutes is a Lot of time football wise. They could have delayed it... nothing worth noting came on afterwards.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Theres a very big difference, however between "The refs blew calls" and "the refs are the reason we lost, period."

• Cheers 1