Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘24 Wild Card Round General Game Day Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Fansince88
7 hours ago, Foxx said:

Took a bit to figure out the 1 dimensional quick Offense. Once they did the nerd didn't adjust. I'm still seriously impressed that Tua didn't get hurt all year. Good for him. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Uncle Joe

Fansince88
34 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I was asking if it was because of that hot, or a different one I missed because he didn’t show any potential symptoms after that one that I saw and players often don’t get checked after helmet to helmet shots where they don’t.

That was more of a helmet through helmet hit. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

That was more of a helmet through helmet hit. 

I wonder if the cold temps had anything to do with his helmet cracking.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That "get a fatter ass and do some Judo" has really worked this year.

2024 Tua

2024 Tua.jpg

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

Absolutely it did. I live outside of the city a bit. At about 11 last night it was-15 and we heard a loud pop outside. I went outside and found that my vinyl railing had cracked and blown apart. Plastic gets brittle when it gets that cold.

on another note… Did you guys see that play in the second half where Sneed put Hill on the ground in press coverage then kept knocking him down so he couldn’t get up? In two games against Miami Sneed allowed three catches to Hill and Waddle combined…. But yet wasn’t good enough for the pro bowl. I think he gets Chris Jones’s money next year. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I see you've got 40 players under contract in '24, and $30mm in cap space. How the heck did you guys manage that?

They will free up 10m when they dump Scantling. Then honestly I don’t know. I would imagine that they figure out a way to get out of Taylor’s contract and sign Creed, Sneed and a couple others and kick a bunch of money down the road. I think they will sign one receiver and let Jones go. 

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Absolutely it did. I live outside of the city a bit. At about 11 last night it was-15 and we heard a loud pop outside. I went outside and found that my vinyl railing had cracked and blown apart. Plastic gets brittle when it gets that cold.

on another note… Did you guys see that play in the second half where Sneed put Hill on the ground in press coverage then kept knocking him down so he couldn’t get up? In two games against Miami Sneed allowed three catches to Hill and Waddle combined…. But yet wasn’t good enough for the pro bowl. I think he gets Chris Jones’s money next year. 

He played a GREAT game last night.  Hill had the one catch that should have been a pick since it was up there so long but that was against McDuffie. 

Pretty good job by Spags basically mirroring the Ravens/BILLS gameplans for shutting down the Fish.  I don't think Tua threw even 5 passes that traveled over 10 yards past the LOS.  That's not a recipe for playoff wins in the 2024 NFL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Let's just say that most of the people going home from that game last night had to drive a bit before their tires were round again.  Cold is a MFer for rubber/plastic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
40 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Let's just say that most of the people going home from that game last night had to drive a bit before their tires were round again.  Cold is a MFer for rubber/plastic.

Haha. Frozen tires will rattle your teeth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

They will free up 10m when they dump Scantling. Then honestly I don’t know. I would imagine that they figure out a way to get out of Taylor’s contract and sign Creed, Sneed and a couple others and kick a bunch of money down the road. I think they will sign one receiver and let Jones go. 

I think he's asking "how do you have so much cap space!?" The Bills are way over cap for next year, even with the increase. 😞 

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He played a GREAT game last night.  Hill had the one catch that should have been a pick since it was up there so long but that was against McDuffie. 

The dude was killing Hill at the line of scrimmage. 

Note to self: when you hear talking heads saying things about a team like "I don't know how anyone can stop them," rest assured someone will figure it out, and everyone else will copy it, assuming they have the personnel. I don't know if McDermott was the first one to hit the Fish receivers at the line, but last night was visual proof that the way to beat the Fish is to make Tua find a second or third read, because he simply is unable to do it.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The dude was killing Hill at the line of scrimmage. 

Note to self: when you hear talking heads saying things about a team like "I don't know how anyone can stop them," rest assured someone will figure it out, and everyone else will copy it, assuming they have the personnel. I don't know if McDermott was the first one to hit the Fish receivers at the line, but last night was visual proof that the way to beat the Fish is to make Tua find a second or third read, because he simply is unable to do it.

We were doing it a decent amount of the time when Frazier was here - there's a reason the first game last year went the way it did (doubled them in TOP, 497 to 212 total yards, etc).  We blew them out everywhere but the scoreboard.

The BILLS basically dared Tua to throw the ball outside the numbers/off script and of course, he couldn't do it.  If you're Miami, you look at that game and say "we had no business winning that game" but it's still pretty much exactly the same way they try to play us, with really predictable results.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

TD Packers 

7-0, Packers

Looked pretty easy.

What happened to Dallas’ D?

• Like 2

Fansince88
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Let’s hope dak the mvp can lead americas team to a wildcard defeat!

He is working on it. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

TD Packers 

7-0, Packers

Not a historic touchdown, though.