Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Steelers @ Bills- Super Wild Card Weekend

Hedge

Seasons1992
45 minutes ago, Ann said:

I asked my son about the stadium conditions yesterday (he went to the game).

He said the "Stadium was embarrassingly under-shoveled and icy. I can't believe they allowed the liability..... Getting up and down was legit dangerous."

Then, I wanted to know what happened to all the snow in the stands once people got to their seats. He said people either smashed it down or threw it around. 

And, with another 12"-30" coming before Friday, the team better actually HIRE a proper company to handle what will become a lower layer of ice, with way more snow on top. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But we really have to fix his footwork, so we can rehabilitate him and trade him.

How will we know what we have in Kyle Allen if you don't get him on the field.

Josh could have seriously hurt himself while running 52 yards for a TD, and I think we all know what happened to the last QB who ran that far for a TD in the playoffs. One minute you're setting an NFL record and the next minute you're begging to be let back into the slave camps.

Get Kyle some reps, dammit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

And, with another 12"-30" coming before Friday, the team better actually HIRE a proper company to handle what will become a lower layer of ice, with way more snow on top. 

I posted this in the 2023 season thread. They need these or something like them:

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

It is because the expectations and hype of the season went away mid season and to a certain extent it galvanized the team. They started their sudden death playoffs several weeks earlier than any one else. We kept waiting for the Chiefs to do the same but our issues were different and harder to solve. The Bills always had an offense that could go off and score 40, that tends to cover other shortcomings. We do not have that. At this point the Bills are playing loose and Allen doesn’t look nearly as tense as he has looked. I suspect both teams to play loose as neither should probably be here based on parts of their regular season. We are here because of our defense and the Bills are here because of Allen. I am ok however it turns out. If you beat us just don’t lose to the Ratbirds

From their 6-6 start to win the SB, the Bills will have to win 9 straight games, including 4 playoff games.

That's so hard to do.  But they're off to a good start and have a head of steam.

Gonna be a good game on Sunday.  If you want to be the champ, you gotta beat the champ.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
8 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Def not a fake slide. Josh broke him down, dude stopped his feet and Josh saw his opportunity..the speed he showed on that play was incredible. 

I agree with this.  Josh has done this multiple times in the past.  He was creating time/space and it worked perfectly.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

It is because the expectations and hype of the season went away mid season and to a certain extent it galvanized the team. They started their sudden death playoffs several weeks earlier than any one else. We kept waiting for the Chiefs to do the same but our issues were different and harder to solve. The Bills always had an offense that could go off and score 40, that tends to cover other shortcomings. We do not have that. At this point the Bills are playing loose and Allen doesn’t look nearly as tense as he has looked. I suspect both teams to play loose as neither should probably be here based on parts of their regular season. We are here because of our defense and the Bills are here because of Allen. I am ok however it turns out. If you beat us just don’t lose to the Ratbirds

It almost always boils down to overcoaching.  There's a balance between teaching a guy like Josh to be his best self and taking the essence out of what makes him special.  Leave the dude alone and let him be the alien he is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Def not a fake slide. Josh broke him down, dude stopped his feet and Josh saw his opportunity..the speed he showed on that play was incredible. 

The burst of speed he showed, after breaking the tackle, to accelerate through, and then away from the secondary was incredible.

I did not know he had that gear.

He was running away from guys with 4.4 40’s.

60AE0B28-88FA-4C36-BFD4-C217330CFC57.jpeg

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The burst of speed he showed, after breaking the tackle, to accelerate through, and then away from the secondary was incredible.

I did not know he had that gear.

He was running away from guys with 4.4 40’s.

60AE0B28-88FA-4C36-BFD4-C217330CFC57.jpeg

Josh is "football fast" and we see it regularly when he outruns LBers and secondary players.  Remember the Miami game when he went by Kiko like he was standing still?  Or the drive against the Patriots in the playoffs when he blew past Judon, who had the angle?

Dude is a witch.

• Cheers 1

Fansince88
17 hours ago, Paulus said:

I don't think that was a fake slide.. More of a pause.

Looked like a juke to me. 

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Josh is "football fast" and we see it regularly when he outruns LBers and secondary players.  Remember the Miami game when he went by Kiko like he was standing still?  Or the drive against the Patriots in the playoffs when he blew past Judon, who had the angle?

Dude is a witch.

And a warlock all rolled into one. 

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting take from Najee Harris after the game, and it feels a lot like, "Someone needs to beat my wife's ass. I'm not saying someone should actually do it. I'm just saying someone should do it."

Anytime someone asks me about Tomlin I simply respond with "who is out there from his coaching tree?"

There's a reason he's only won with Cower's team and not his own and it's never changing.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Dude is a witch.

Agreed on “football fast”, but I don’t think he’s quite ever shown this before.

He’s a long strider, and has good burst to get around/past other big men.

But when he broke the initial tackle and slowed, I was sure he was going to brought down from behind by the smaller, faster men he was now running between.

Then he *pulled away* from them. I was stunned. For all of the wildly athletic things I’ve seen Josh do, that might be the most impressive.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Fansince88
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a public service.  Wondering if the Bills are going to blow it or not is how most of us get our cardio workouts.

Settled into 117/73 the following morning. Cardio is truly good for you.