Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Divisional Round: BILLS vs Chiefs, January 21st SNF Pregame Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Spartacus
34 minutes ago, Ann said:

should have started clearing out last week's snow and ice on Tues.

Starting Fri at 2 PM is not going to make a dent

The Bills actually NEED the fan noise to make it tougher for the KC OL, so gettingthe fans into the stadium should be a priority.

Didn't think Pegula could be cheaper than Ralph - but fan snow shoveling actually worked during Ralph's time -

Edited by Spartacus

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Nouseforaname

• Carptom1

• Crap Throwing Clavin

2 hours ago, Ann said:

NFL analyst/former QB Ryan Leaf joined One Bills Live after working for Westwood One as the Bills defeated the Steelers in the wild card round of the playoffs. He discussed his biggest takeaways from the win and looked ahead to Sunday versus the Chiefs. He talked about the biggest difference since the teams last met in the playoffs and the injury situation the Bills are facing on defense. He shared why he picked the Bills to win this year's Super Bowl and the keys to a Buffalo victory. 

Ryan Leaf: Josh Allen Playing At Elite Level, Bills-Chiefs Playoff Preview | One Bills Live

Good to see Ryan out in society again. I guess if you can’t succeed at playing the game…. You try to make money talking about the game.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
8 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Good to see Ryan out in society again. I guess if you can’t succeed at playing the game…. You try to make money talking about the game.

I thought he coached high school or some small college for a bit. 

25 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The Bills actually NEED the fan noise to make it tougher for the KC OL, so gettingthe fans into the stadium should be a priority.

Didn't think Pegula could be cheaper than Ralph - but fan snow shoveling actually worked during Ralph's time -

Pretty sure the area got a few feet of snow the last few days. I doubt they could have cleared anything out. I am curious how they are gonna get the tarp off buried underneath all that snow. 

12 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

He is very honest about his NFL experience, drug use, and time in prison.  He has made a remarkable comeback. He's insightful, articulate, and very good at dissecting and conveying plays and what happened on the field.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
38 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

It's the weirdest thing to me. I've said previously, Ryan Leaf discussing strengths and weaknesses of NFL matchups is like Milli Vanilli giving out a Grammy for Best Duet.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Those who can, do.  Those who can't do, teach.  Those who can't teach, critique.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's the weirdest thing to me. I've said previously, Ryan Leaf discussing strengths and weaknesses of NFL matchups is like Milli Vanilli giving out a Grammy for Best Duet.

Uh...Milli Vanilli actually did win a Grammy.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mean if he is analyzing how to underperform or bust out of the league I am all in. But I don’t find him that insightful otherwise. The Colts were vacillating between him or Manning in the draft. He had a stronger arm but Manning was considered more ready. Manning didn’t want to go to the Chargers. They would have screwed him up anyway 

• Like 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Probably not, but after 50 years you'd think they'd have looked into it. 

This thread is the first I have ever seen it. That said, heated concrete would work as well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Those who can, do.  Those who can't do, teach.  Those who can't teach, critique.

My wife says I am a horrible teacher… so I just criticize 

• Haha 2

Spartacus
57 minutes ago, Ann said:

Pretty sure the area got a few feet of snow the last few days. I doubt they could have cleared anything out. I am curious how they are gonna get the tarp off buried underneath all that snow. 

that's easy part.

front loader with brushes on the front to push off the snow

then truck it out of the stadium

tarp comes off and green turf looks great

meanwhile, the fans get to fight mountains of snow.

this may come as a shock, but they could shovel multiple times, just like real people in the winter   

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Hochuli does what he he is told by the league office on how they want a game influenced. He's just not very subtle about it, but he league does not seem to care. 

However, his direction for this game will be to favor the Bills so that the league can get their new poster boy to the Super Bowl. Review recent Bills games, and note the drastic reduction of killer penalties keeping the D on the field and short circuiting offensive drives. 

The KC meltdown after the first game caused them to forfeit their Penalty Preference Status.

Don't be surprised if Hochuli (as the last act under KC's preferred status) has not already sent Andy Reid a letter to warn him of impending penalties for every down that Taylor is not lined up properly on the line of scrimmage. 

You’re forgetting the other Taylor.  Clearly Hochuli has been told how important it is to protect the Swifty Super Bowl ratings bump.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Because a ticket to the game was included. I get that this is a playoff game but I'm Sure they could find room for a couple of hundred more, even if it's standing room.

• Like 1

Rochesterny

If Benford can’t go who do bills go with Dane Jackson or kaiir Elam? That what I’m wondering. Rasul Douglas will be one cornerback and Taron Johnson looks like he maybe able to play

Sig1Hunter
40 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

If Benford can’t go who do bills go with Dane Jackson or kaiir Elam? That what I’m wondering. Rasul Douglas will be one cornerback and Taron Johnson looks like he maybe able to play

Dane has the favor of the staff, I believe. Would likely be him.

• Like 2

What has changed

The Bills are on the team's second offensive coordinator change since that game, with Ken Dorsey hired to replace Brian Daboll in the 2022 offseason, and then Joe Brady hired as interim offensive coordinator when Dorsey was fired after Week 10 of this season.

The change in playcaller to Brady has led to an increase in the team's designed rush percentage (up from 35.3% in 2021 to 40.8% in 2023), including a big rushing performance vs. the Cowboys.

• Like 2