Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

London_Bills_Fan

Tough night, my first post following such a disappointing night.

My feelings this morning (from an NFL newbie, be gentle).....

- Too reliant on Josh; he can’t do it all and he often falls short when the pressure is too much on him

- Defence injuries killed us

- Pissed at losing to a Chiefs team who are far from special

- Little consolation but the Ravens will destroy them next Sunday

- The Ravens simply have to win for your nation; the hype of Taylor Swift in Vegas will kill me

- Think there’s a case for removing McDermott but certain he’ll be in charge for another year

- We still came back strongly from 6-6; shows there is fight in this team

- Need to go all out for a WR in the draft; Diggs is not the answer to our problems

On a general point, for a new follower of the NFL, the advantage being No 1 seed gives you makes it so tough for seeds 3-7 to reach the SB.

I’m still so pleased I chose the Bills as my NFL team.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 5

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Because when they had the opportunity to win the game, they went back to their usual clock management.  

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, London_Bills_Fan said:

- Too reliant on Josh; he can’t do it all and he often falls short when the pressure is too much on him

- The Ravens simply have to win for your nation; the hype of Taylor Swift in Vegas will kill me

- Think there’s a case for removing McDermott but certain he’ll be in charge for another year

- Need to go all out for a WR in the draft; Diggs is not the answer to our problems

On a general point, for a new follower of the NFL, the advantage being No 1 seed gives you makes it so tough for seeds 3-7 to reach the SB.

Chiefs will beat the Ravens.  

• Haha 1
  • Boo 1

1 minute ago, London_Bills_Fan said:

My only quibble with your take (which is very good, by the way) is this year they did rely a bit less on Josh Allen. Cook's rushing really helped. The Bills have not had a good rusher since Shady (LeSean McCoy) and to see Josh Allen get some help was terrific. 

They did fall short, but those WRs simply have to catch the ball:

• Cheers 4

This team was devastated with injuries on defense and we were missing our #2 WR for this game too.

Just making the playoffs after the 6-6 start was an amazing feat.  

Nit picking decisions if fine but I am still 100% behind this team and its leadership.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Why?

6 points are awarded when an offensive players possesses the ball in the opponents end zone.

• Haha 4

Nouseforaname
Just now, 4merper4mer said:

6 points are awarded when an offensive players possesses the ball in the opponents end zone.

And what happens when the Bills take a small lead with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts against opponents like the Chiefs?

Chandemonium
6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I didn’t mind the throw to shakir, that’s a TD if his motion isn’t interrupted.  On the other hand, throwing it away on 3rd down the next play instead of taking the open underneath stuff and letting his receiver try to make a play for the sticks was head scratcher. Worst case taking the underneath is he gets stopped short of the sticks, but you’re either going for  it on 4th and short or you’re kicking the FG from 4-5 yards closer.

• Cheers 3

4merper4mer
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

And what happens when the Bills take a small lead with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts against opponents like the Chiefs?

Last three of those were against the Chargers, Fish and Chiefs.  I’ll look them up and get back to you in a bit.

Nouseforaname
Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Last three of those were against the Chargers, Fish and Chiefs.  I’ll look them up and get back to you in a bit.

Ok, thank you once again for your consistent honest discussion.  

Rochesterny

really Diggs. You are a captain on this team. Allen faces the music and answers the questions why can’t you ???

• Cheers 3

crawhammer

Ugh. Demoralizing loss for the franchise and fanbase. If not this postseason then when? And that question is more about the Chiefs than the Bills really because the Chiefs where very beatable in Buffalo yesterday. Their team is relatively young, transitioning a bit, and probably going to get better over the next few seasons so this should have been the game for the Bills to win. 

Chiefs first 5 drives of the game: 

FG

FG

TD
TD
TD

And there should have been a TD on the 6th drive (Hardman fumble). So the defense got 1 legitimate stop all game. Piss poor.

Allen's a beast. Love his game. He needed to make one more play on the final drive and he had Shakir and made a poor throw. Yes, the LT got blown up on the play but Allen has to slide a bit to his right there and he probably gets off a better (game-winning) throw to Shakir.

Diggs? The dude disappeared over the last 10 weeks. Dropped that perfectly thrown bomb by Allen. Diggs gets the major dud tag here. Sherfield I thought would be a good fit for the Bills offense. Wrong! Worthless. Davis had a disappointing season imo but they definitely could have used him in this game.   

As for Joe Brady, I wouldn't bring him back. Diggs completely went in the toilet under Brady and Allen average only 212 passing yards and 1.3 TD passes per game since the start of December. I don't care how much improved the running game may have been, because with those kinds of passing numbers (from especially a QB of Josh's caliber), you're not winning a championship in today's NFL (unless Lamar Jackson is your QB).

This team also needs a legitimate WR2 opposite Diggs... Higgins, Pittman, even Evans probably has enough juice left for a 2-year run at a title. Diggs and one of these guys with Shakir as the WR3... Allen should be a 5000-yard passer.

That fake punt... honestly I was calling for McDermott to be fired on the spot. That's a grotesque decision. Luckily Hardman bailed him out so it's less of a focal point now. Still, I'm doing a 180 on McDermott at this point. When the team was 6-6 I supported keeping him when he was taking some heat but after this latest postseason disappointment he just may not be the head coach to lead this team to greater heights. I say fire McDermott and go after Bobby Slowik. Love the Shanahan connection and the diverse coaching background. He's a red hot offensive-minded head coaching prospect and seems like a good fit for Allen.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Ugh. Demoralizing loss for the franchise and fanbase. If not this postseason then when? And that question is more about the Chiefs than the Bills really because the Chiefs where very beatable in Buffalo yesterday. Their team is relatively young, transitioning a bit, and probably going to get better over the next few seasons so this should have been the game for the Bills to win. 

Chiefs first 5 drives of the game: 

FG

FG

TD
TD
TD

And there should have been a TD on the 6th drive (Hardman fumble). So the defense got 1 legitimate stop all game. Piss poor.

Allen's a beast. Love his game. He needed to make one more play on the final drive and he had Shakir and made a poor throw. Yes, the LT got blown up on the play but Allen has to slide a bit to his right there and he probably gets off a better (game-winning) throw to Shakir.

Diggs? The dude disappeared over the last 10 weeks. Dropped that perfectly thrown bomb by Allen. Diggs gets the major dud tag here. Sherfield I thought would be a good fit for the Bills offense. Wrong! Worthless. Davis had a disappointing season imo but they definitely could have used him in this game.   

As for Joe Brady, I wouldn't bring him back. Diggs completely went in the toilet under Brady and Allen average only 212 passing yards and 1.3 TD passes per game since the start of December. I don't care how much improved the running game may have been, because with those kinds of passing numbers (from especially a QB of Josh's caliber), you're not winning a championship in today's NFL (unless Lamar Jackson is your QB).

This team also needs a legitimate WR2 opposite Diggs... Higgins, Pittman, even Evans probably has enough juice left for a 2-year run at a title. Diggs and one of these guys with Shakir as the WR3... Allen should be a 5000-yard passer.

That fake punt... honestly I was calling for McDermott to be fired on the spot. That's a grotesque decision. Luckily Hardman bailed him out so it's less of a focal point now. Still, I'm doing a 180 on McDermott at this point. When the team was 6-6 I supported keeping him when he was taking some heat but after this latest postseason disappointment he just may not be the head coach to lead this team to greater heights. I say fire McDermott and go after Bobby Slowik. Love the Shanahan connection and the diverse coaching background. He's a red hot offensive-minded head coaching prospect and seems like a good fit for Allen.

That wasn't going to be a game winning TD to Shakir with the amount of time left on the clock.

4merper4mer
27 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Ok, thank you once again for your consistent honest discussion.  

Pointing out simple facts is now cause for sarcastic remarks about lack of honesty?

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pointing out simple facts is now cause for sarcastic remarks about lack of honesty?

Unless you're just trying to increase your post count, you are not contributing to the discussion.

Ownership has to realize head coach has to go. Hard to do based on what he has done but obvious he cannot make decisions to take Bills all the way. Losing a game with 13 seconds left and no time outs is on the coach. Trying fake punt on your 30 YD line and fooling no one is on the coach. What it shows is desperation and why? Still plenty of time left. They got lucky and no pts scored otherwise game over then.  Mismanaged time is on the coach. Not doubling Kelce and not having  shadow on him is on the coach. How does this same guy you forgot to cover and lose game with 13 seconds left be left uncovered for TD? Besides Rice who only recently starting playing better who do they have. Hardman??! Ha Ha, Marquez drop every other pass Valdes Scantling? Come on!! Last 3 gm Kelce total 69 Yd's and 1 TD. They call Sean  Defensive Genus. Sorry just another coach who loses games and not wins them. 

Signed Pissed off Bills fan.

4merper4mer
18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Unless you're just trying to increase your post count, you are not contributing to the discussion.

You keep repeating the same incorrect thing.  Proving you incorrect may not contribute to the discussion but that is because it’s poor premise cannot be built upon and needn’t be torn down because it has a poor foundation.

• Applause 2