Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Ann said:

My only quibble with your take (which is very good, by the way) is this year they did rely a bit less on Josh Allen. Cook's rushing really helped. The Bills have not had a good rusher since Shady (LeSean McCoy) and to see Josh Allen get some help was terrific. 

They did fall short, but those WRs simply have to catch the ball:

Yeah, Josh sucks right?

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You keep repeating the same incorrect thing.  Proving you incorrect may not contribute to the discussion but that is because it’s poor premise cannot be built upon and needn’t be torn down because it has a poor foundation.

Why is it incorrect?

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

I disagree with this. Shakir, even with how good he is was double covered while underneath Kincaid was breaking free and while he wouldn't have scored, would have gotten us a new set of downs, run more clock, and at least gotten Bass a lot closer if we didn't finish with a TD

The other play after that was a long toss as well while he had a receiver open underneath that would have at least gotten Bass closer if he didn't get the first. We dinked and dunked all game long and still needed to burn some clock which was doable except we decided to play hero ball instead

• Applause 2

13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yeah, Josh sucks right?

This team has a hundred problems, and Josh Allen ain't one of 'em.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Cinga said:

I disagree with this. Shakir, even with how good he is was double covered while underneath Kincaid was breaking free and while he wouldn't have scored, would have gotten us a new set of downs, run more clock, and at least gotten Bass a lot closer if we didn't finish with a TD

The other play after that was a long toss as well while he had a receiver open underneath that would have at least gotten Bass closer if he didn't get the first. We dinked and dunked all game long and still needed to burn some clock which was doable except we decided to play hero ball instead

Josh was getting positive yardage every time he took off and ran and their spy, Gay, was ruled out.

And yet, he goes for a TD which would have left tons of time on the clock..

and I'm the one that's incorrect....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Why is it incorrect?

How can you prove it would have happened? I mean, I also think they wouldn't have held the lead, but I cannot prove it nor say it with certainty. The defense might have held, Mahomes might have missed passes, there could have been a turnover, etc.

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Why do people say that? It wasn't hero ball. It was an incomplete pass. 

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

How can you prove it would have happened? I mean, I also think they wouldn't have held the lead, but I cannot prove it nor say it with certainty. The defense might have held, Mahomes might have missed passes, there could have been a turnover, etc.

Consider the two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Josh completes to Shakir and Chiefs have the ball with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts.

Scenario 2: Josh picks up 9 yards on two downs, either by taking advantage of his legs (something he has been doing successfully all game) and keep pounding the ball until they get 6 running out the clock.

Which scenario would have most likely proven more successful?

Which scenario would Andy Reid or Bill Belichik chosen given the circumstances?

Edited by Nouseforaname

3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Consider the two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Josh completes to Shakir and Chiefs have the ball with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts.

Scenario 2: Josh picks up 9 yards on two downs, either by taking advantage of his legs (something he has been doing successfully all game) and keep pounding the ball until they get 6 running out the clock.

Which scenario would have most likely proven more successful?

Which scenario would Andy Reid or Bill Belichik chosen given the circumstances?

You cannot prove that B would happen if A occurs. That is what people are telling you. No matter how likely what you are saying would have happened, it is unproveable. 

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, Ann said:

You cannot not prove that B would happen if A occurs. That is what people are telling you. No matter how likely what you are saying would have happened, it is unproveable. 

There's plenty of things in life I can't prove but I can speculate on the best evidence.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Why is it incorrect?

You assumed it a forgone conclusion that KC would March down the field and score a TD with 1:50 ish left and two times out.  I pointed out that the last three times the Bills faced this situation, including one against this same team, that the Bills stopped the opposing team.  

• Cheers 4

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You assumed it a forgone conclusion that KC would March down the field and score a TD with 1:50 ish left and two times out.  I pointed out that the last three times the Bills faced this situation, including one against this same team, that the Bills stopped the opposing team.  

If you're referring to the freak call on Toney and consider that a stop...

And the Bills literally stopped them twice all game, you know, no linebackers and all.

Edited by Nouseforaname

4merper4mer
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

If you're referring to the freak call on Toney and consider that a stop...

And the Bills literally stopped them twice all game. 

Dude stop.  The Bills won the game in KC.  They beat the fish and the Chargers in similar fashion.  I pointed this out.  

Saying something like “I have my doubts they would have done it again” or something along those lines?  Fine.  Casting the situation as nearly hopeless if we actually take a lead?  Not so much.

And calling someone dishonest for stating documented facts is just weird.

• Like 1

crawhammer
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

That wasn't going to be a game winning TD to Shakir with the amount of time left on the clock.

You're assuming the Chiefs score a TD afterward and win 34-31? Well that's a worse f'ing disaster than what happened. The Chiefs scored more than 31 points only once this season (back in September). A TD pass to Shakir there is about as close to a game clincher as it gets... I'd say 75% chance the Bills win. Bad throw by Allen that he won't forget anytime soon. Not blaming Allen for the loss obviously but that missed opportunity is mostly on him.

Bass was 2 for 5 on FG attempts in the playoffs, he's shouldn't be kicking for the Bills in 2024, but I'm not blaming a lame kicker for the loss either. As I stated before, this was close to a complete no show by the defense (injuries can't excuse everything). But however you want to splice up the blame pie, the team should move on from McDermott and Joe Brady, or I suppose just blow out the entire coaching staff.

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude stop.  The Bills won the game in KC.  They beat the fish and the Chargers in similar fashion.  I pointed this out.  

Saying something like “I have my doubts they would have done it again” or something along those lines?  Fine.  Casting the situation as nearly hopeless if we actually take a lead?  Not so much.

And calling someone dishonest for stating documented facts is just weird.

6 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

You're assuming the Chiefs score a TD afterward and win 34-31? Well that's a worse f'ing disaster than what happened. The Chiefs scored more than 31 points only once this season (back in September). A TD pass to Shakir there is about as close to a game clincher as it gets... I'd say 75% chance the Bills win. Bad throw by Allen that he won't forget anytime soon. Not blaming Allen for the loss obviously but that missed opportunity is mostly on him.

Bass was 2 for 5 on FG attempts in the playoffs, he's shouldn't be kicking for the Bills in 2024, but I'm not blaming a lame kicker for the loss either. As I stated before, this was close to a complete no show by the defense (injuries can't excuse everything). But however you want to splice up the blame pie, the team should move on from McDermott and Joe Brady, or I suppose just blow out the entire coaching staff.

That last sequence was terrible clock management and decision making. That's the bottom line.  There's really not much more to say.

Congrats to the Chiefs. They are a dynasty, the Bills are not.

Edited by Nouseforaname

4merper4mer
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

That last sequence was terrible clock management and decision making. That's the bottom line.  There's really not much more to say.

Congrats to the Chiefs. They are a dynasty, the Bills are not.

Disagree all you want.  It’s a discussion board.  But don’t call me a liar then say “there is nothing left to say” when I back up my statements with documented facts.  I didn’t lie.  I disagreed.  There is a difference.

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Disagree all you want.  It’s a discussion board.  But don’t call me a liar then say “there is nothing left to say” when I back up my statements with documented facts.  I didn’t lie.  I disagreed.  There is a difference.

As far as I can tell, I never called you a liar.  You're a dick but not a liar.

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sarcastically calling me “honest” implies what exactly?

You have me mistaken.  Your sarcasm detector was off.  I was thanking you for your very thoughtful response. 

Not that anyone cares but I have watched the Bills a bunch the last few years and am definitely a fan of Allen. 

Who knows what he was told in those last couple minutes. The TD was there and it just didn’t happen. Mahomes takes the same shot in that situation. They want to win not tie. No guarantee we score a TD after that.

I agree he should have looked for the check down on 3rd down. At that point you are looking to get closer and make a decision on 4th.

diggs is a disappointment at this point. Don’t run your mouth then not perform You guys all knew he was a problem a couple years ago, but production and wins mask personality disorders. Same with us and Kelce. He was starting to hear it this season.

Mcdermot is a good coach. For years Reid struggled with situational football. Bad clock management, timeouts etc. he puckered up when it counted and his teams played frantic. I see a bit of that in your team. I really believe he needs help with some experience and will figure it out eventually. Mahomes was lucky he had a coach that already experienced all his failures in Philly along with his first few years here.

unfortunately I was unable to swing the trip up. Here is my buddy sitting in the end zone. He told me his experience was great ( except for spilling wing sauce on his white jersey) 😂

47176C90-CBB1-4FC1-940B-7A66ED182DC5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2