Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

4merper4mer
5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

You have me mistaken.  Your sarcasm detector was off.  I was thanking you for your very thoughtful response. 

It must still be on the fritz.

crawhammer
53 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Congrats to the Chiefs. They are a dynasty, the Bills are not.

Chiefs need to win another Super Bowl to be called a dynasty. Despite the 6 consecutive AFCCG appearances... if they lose to the Ravens (which they should) then 3-3 in AFCCGs and 2-1 in the Super Bowl is not a dynasty. A dynasty requires 3 Super Bowl titles.

Sig1Hunter
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

That wasn't going to be a game winning TD to Shakir with the amount of time left on the clock.

I didn’t realize we had Miss Cleo on the board! You got next weeks winning powerball numbers? Call m’now!

• Popcorn 2

Blessed Believer
3 hours ago, LB3 said:

I would have preferred the throw to Diggs and get another first down and let KC use their remaining two TOs.  If we score that quickly with about 1:50 left and KC has two TOs, guess what could happen?  Mr Mahomes vs a spent, beat up defense that hasn’t stopped him all game. 

who really knows though?  Maybe we can force a fumble on the first sack and win that way. 

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I didn’t realize we had Miss Cleo on the board! You got next weeks winning powerball numbers? Call m’now!

4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

OK, that gives us a few to rule out. That’s how my ticket goes, everything BUT the right numbers. 

• Like 3

This play is not called for the Shallow Cross route and his eyes should not even be on it against this presentation. You have alerts for a reason — if they’re there, they become the primary. I know sometimes it looks like there’s a better option that makes more sense in the context of the game itself, but the context of the snap is what matters when it comes to evaluating process for QBs. Criticize the staff for the call if you’d prefer the eyes to be in a position to throw that Shallow Cross.

222.jpg.446e4efe6405b72e2cb3aa7f71daad5f.jpg

111.jpg.4b66745d7d8934300c900004f8344f4d.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ann said:

(not directed at you @Ann)

I'm so &#%$ing sick of seeing stats like this.

Seems like a few times every year we see "the Bills shouldn't have lost" statistical compilations.

It is tough to get that 13 seconds game out of my head today.

And that missed FG wide right really dredged up some other shitty memories.

3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Because when they had the opportunity to win the game, they went back to their usual clock management.  

Didn't you say that Josh should have thrown underneath to an open Diggs at the sticks, instead of throwing it to an open Shakir in the end zone?  You wanted to get the first down and have the clock run down and then score a touchdown.   And after that say that McDermott is at fault because you wanted him to call a time out in order to get "the right play"?  Shit -- two guys wide open to choose from.    I guess they didn't need the time out to get the "right play" called.  Did you want the TO called after Diggs got the first down and the clock was running?

And what happens when the Bills take a small lead with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts against opponents like the Chiefs?

(1) Seven points put the Bills up by 4, not 3.  Big difference trying to hold a FG vs. trying to hold a TD.

(2) Look at the play again.  Diggs wasn't going to get the first down. There's no guaranty that the Chiefs would have left a receiver so wide open again.  Got to go for the TD when the opportunity presents itself.

(3) IF Josh's throw to Shakir was affected (I'm not sure it was) then why wouldn't a throw to Diggs have been affected?

The last sequence of the final drive wasn't a coaching problem.  It was an execution problem.  And the Bills were trying to execute against one of the best defenses in the league.

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

I disagree with this. Shakir, even with how good he is was double covered while underneath Kincaid was breaking free and while he wouldn't have scored, would have gotten us a new set of downs, run more clock, and at least gotten Bass a lot closer if we didn't finish with a TD

The other play after that was a long toss as well while he had a receiver open underneath that would have at least gotten Bass closer if he didn't get the first. We dinked and dunked all game long and still needed to burn some clock which was doable except we decided to play hero ball instead

Shakir was open in the end zone. I've got no problem with Allen taking a shot.  The throw had to be better.

Any play after that which didn't focus on a first down is certainly questionable. So I agree with you there.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, snafu said:

Seems like a few times every year we see "the Bills shouldn't have lost" statistical compilations.

Didn't you say that Josh should have thrown underneath to an open Diggs at the sticks, instead of throwing it to an open Shakir in the end zone?  You wanted to get the first down and have the clock run down and then score a touchdown.   And after that say that McDermott is at fault because you wanted him to call a time out in order to get "the right play"?  Shit -- two guys wide open to choose from.    I guess they didn't need the time out to get the "right play" called.  Did you want the TO called after Diggs got the first down and the clock was running?

I pointed the timeout as telling that he had to intervene on that specific play, not that he should have taken a timeout. Seems like an issue with the offensive play calling in general when the HC has to burn a timeout to make an obvious change.

He had two plays to get 9 yards.

(1) Seven points put the Bills up by 4, not 3.  Big difference trying to hold a FG vs. trying to hold a TD.

(2) Look at the play again.  Diggs wasn't going to get the first down. There's no guaranty that the Chiefs would have left a receiver so wide open again.  Got to go for the TD when the opportunity presents itself.

(3) IF Josh's throw to Shakir was affected (I'm not sure it was) then why wouldn't a throw to Diggs have been affected?

1) And how successful have the Chiefs been throwing against this defense yesterday to get 4? 

2) He didn't but the odds of converting two plays for 9 yards including using Josh as a runner which was extremely successful during the game

3) The throw to Shakir was much harder than the throw to Diggs.   

The last sequence of the final drive wasn't a coaching problem.  It was an execution problem.  And the Bills were trying to execute against one of the best defenses in the league.

Shakir was open in the end zone. I've got no problem with Allen taking a shot.  The throw had to be better.

Any play after that which didn't focus on a first down is certainly questionable. So I agree with you there.

It was a difficult to execute play.  Chiefs seemed to have an answer for Cook so I won't fault them for throwing more but they had lost their spy.  

Edited by Nouseforaname

Keukasmallie
4 hours ago, Ann said:

No you aren't. You've been a fan longer than I have. You're stuck being a Bills Fan. 

Aaaarrrghhhhh!

• Haha 2

Consider the two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Josh completes to Shakir and Chiefs have the ball with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts.

Scenario 2: Josh picks up 9 yards on two downs, either by taking advantage of his legs (something he has been doing successfully all game) and keep pounding the ball until they get 6 running out the clock.

Which scenario would have most likely proven more successful?

Which scenario would Andy Reid or Bill Belichik chosen given the circumstances?

13 seconds is the past. Has no bearing. I respect that they played for the win. The TD was open. Jones made a great play to stop a go ahead TD. You whining incessantly doesn't make you correct. It makes you obnoxious.

Both of those coaches would take the TD instead of ignoring the TD play so that they could run clock, while down three points. Running clock instead of taking a four point lead while down three is retarded.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2

Rochesterny

The team is $49 million over cap and free agents this roster will change and it should. The defense really needs retooling and there is a super need for a receiver with speed that can stretch the defense outside. Just saw a stat kc had 8 plays over 20 yd to Buffalo 0 plays over 20 yds in that game. That is why imo the passing game for deep passes is broken and has been a while. You have to stretch the defense from time to time. It wasn’t like Josh wasn’t trying. All I know is beane and pegula better be having some lenthy conversations 

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think this game proved to me that it’s not healthy being a fan of this team.  It causes me more pain than happiness.  And I def don’t want this for my daughter.  

I need to step away for a bit

I totally get it. I can't watch the games live because I've already suffered two heart attacks and I don't fancy a third. This morning I told my wife that I'm done with football till free agency/the draft. Plenty of time to cool off. 👍

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

Nouseforaname
10 minutes ago, LB3 said:

13 seconds is the past. Has no bearing. I respect that they played for the win. The TD was open. Jones made a great play to stop a go ahead TD. You whining incessantly doesn't make you correct. It makes you obnoxious.

Both of those coaches would take the TD instead of ignoring the TD play so that they could run clock, while down three points. Running clock instead of taking a four point lead while down three is retarded.

Whining? Is sharing my opinion considered whining now? 

Sorry, I'll only repeat approved opinions about the game. 

Edited by Nouseforaname

1 hour ago, snafu said:

It is why people have taken to saying this team is cursed. They have been one of the unluckiest teams in the league since 2020.  At some point, ya gotta wonder...

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Ann said:

It is why people have taken to saying this team is cursed. They have been one of the unluckiest teams in the league since 2020 1990.  At some point, ya gotta wonder...

FTFY

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Whining? Is sharing my opinion considered whining now? 

Sorry, I'll only repeat approved opinions about the game. 

I apologize. Tough day.

• Like 3