Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

Nouseforaname
Just now, LB3 said:

I apologize. Tough day.

I wasn't even angry, I almost shut off my tv after the fake punt.  

I simply can't believe that that's how it ended.  Felt like Dorsey took over for the last sequence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

It is why people have taken to saying this team is cursed. They have been one of the unluckiest teams in the league since 2020.  At some point, ya gotta wonder...

Meh.

I chose to root for the Red Sox when I was a kid and didn't know any better.

"Curses" end.  All the crap that comes before turns magically into foggy and distant memories that don't hurt so bad.  Before that, every heartbreak is sharp and acute.  On my office wall, I have in a frame the Daily News front and back page from October 21, 2004.  The back page reads:  "Hell Freezes Over", referring to the Sox comeback from 0-3 in the ALCS (front page says "The Choke's On Us").  That sent them to the World Series and they had to win 4 more to erase all the shitty history.  But 10/20/04 is a day I'm hoping to re-live by beating the Chiefs in the playoffs.  After that, the road to the Super Bowl should be smooth and flat.

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Meh.

I chose to root for the Red Sox when I was a kid and didn't know any better.

"Curses" end.  All the crap that comes before turns magically into foggy and distant memories that don't hurt so bad.  Before that, every heartbreak is sharp and acute.  On my office wall, I have in a frame the Daily News front and back page from October 21, 2004.  The back page reads:  "Hell Freezes Over", referring to the Sox comeback from 0-3 in the ALCS (front page says "The Choke's On Us").  That sent them to the World Series and they had to win 4 more to erase all the shitty history.  But 10/20/04 is a day I'm hoping to re-live by beating the Chiefs in the playoffs.  After that, the road to the Super Bowl should be smooth and flat.

I'm 42, I've only seen one of my teams ever win something and that's Italy.  The rest, all shit.  

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Meh, after lo these many years of playoff failure I'm shopping for another sport to root for. ( Is rowing a sport that doesn't have NFL-type officials?)

I hear ya.  Since leaving Buffalo, I've become a fan of Baseball and college BB.  Both have provided some balance to offset Buffalo teams.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, LB3 said:

Josh had good choices on that play.  Shakir was one of them.  It just didn't happen.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, bdutton said:

This team was devastated with injuries on defense and we were missing our #2 WR for this game too.

Just making the playoffs after the 6-6 start was an amazing feat.  

Nit picking decisions if fine but I am still 100% behind this team and its leadership.

True, but 6-6 should not have ever happened.  Bill &#%$ed up very winnable games in those first 12.  The turnaround after that was impressive.  

• Like 1

expos4ever

Upon fair Taylor the cam’ra doth zoom

While Highmark is shrouded in gloom

If I see just one more damn shot

Of that annoying young snot

My own young, I shall surely consume

Edited by expos4ever
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Ann said:

This team has a hundred problems, and Josh Allen ain't one of 'em.

Exactly!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bdutton said:

This team was devastated with injuries on defense and we were missing our #2 WR for this game too.

Just making the playoffs after the 6-6 start was an amazing feat.  

Nit picking decisions if fine but I am still 100% behind this team and its leadership.

I'm kinda done with Gabe. We either need to trade up and draft a top tier WR or get one somewhere else

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'm 42, I've only seen one of my teams ever win something and that's Italy.  The rest, all shit.  

I grew up near Shea Stadium and was 12 when the Mets won the WS in '86. Nada since then. I've since grown to hate baseball (and NYC), which begs the question: Does that even count? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Rochesterny
12 minutes ago, Dante said:

I'm kinda done with Gabe. We either need to trade up and draft a top tier WR or get one somewhere else

Agreed. I am almost expecting Diggs to ask for a trade imo. That feeling I get. But again my spidey senses could be wrong

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
29 minutes ago, Dante said:

The moment he signed with Jay-Z's agency, he dropped off a cliff. 

Funny that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The moment he signed with Jay-Z's agency, he dropped off a cliff. 

Funny that.

The chiefs receivers weren’t even double covering stef, I could imagine they wouldn’t even have a db on « big game Gabe »

17 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Agreed. I am almost expecting Diggs to ask for a trade imo. That feeling I get. But again my spidey senses could be wrong

Unfortunately, the offers would be low. He was very meh the second half of the season.

18 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats where I am. We fired an OC and won 7 of the last 9 games. 4 of those wins were against playoff teams. I believe the injuries last week compounded on the injuries throughout yet another year (White and Milano) was the roadblock. Not McDermott 

I agree with this.  McD did a phenomenal job holding that defense together with spit and duct tape!  The physical game versus the Steelers took its toll.  I think what that game showed though, is that the Bills went toe-to-toe with a healthy KC team with a backup defense and still almost pulled it out.  The Bills didn't have enough offensively.  Josh's only receiving weapons were Kinkaid and Shakir.  The rest of the receivers let Josh down.  So...we will still have a solid core on defense next season presuming we get Milano and Bernard back at LB.  Depending on what happens with White, we could be solid at CB with young players especially if we re-sign Dane Jackson.  We need to get younger at Safety and on the D line, although I do hope we re-sign DaQuon.  Offensively, we need to draft WR and I'd like to see the Bills retain Ty Johnson.  I'd also like to retain Morse as I think he stabilizes that o line.  So...lots to build on which gives me more hope than not.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I agree with this.  McD did a phenomenal job holding that defense together with spit and duct tape!  The physical game versus the Steelers took its toll.  I think what that game showed though, is that the Bills went toe-to-toe with a healthy KC team with a backup defense and still almost pulled it out.  The Bills didn't have enough offensively.  Josh's only receiving weapons were Kinkaid and Shakir.  The rest of the receivers let Josh down.  So...we will still have a solid core on defense next season presuming we get Milano and Bernard back at LB.  Depending on what happens with White, we could be solid at CB with young players especially if we re-sign Dane Jackson.  We need to get younger at Safety and on the D line, although I do hope we re-sign DaQuon.  Offensively, we need to draft WR and I'd like to see the Bills retain Ty Johnson.  I'd also like to retain Morse as I think he stabilizes that o line.  So...lots to build on which gives me more hope than not.

Agree on Ty Johnson.  Morse after replacing the guards had himself a nice year.  He's got some age and mileage on him.  Wouldn't want to commit for too long.  Might be time to get younger there.  

• Like 2