In that fateful hour

In Kel-ce, a new corn chute to tear

I don't want Lamar to win a superbowl.

• Like 1

expos4ever
13 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I don't want Lamar to win a superbowl.

Here is how I look at it:

1. If Lamar wins, at least Mahomes won't. And as Bills fans, the last thing we want is for Mahomes to have even more self-confidence if and when we meet the Chiefs again in the playoffs.

2. If the Chiefs win out and get another Super Bowl, it will be all too easy for this to get into the Bills' heads, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy that the Chiefs simply can't be beat.

But most of all, I want the Ravens to win to knock Taylor down a peg (yes, I am indeed petty).

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
Just now, expos4ever said:

1. If Lamar wins, at least Mahomes won't. And as Bills fans, the last thing we want is for Mahomes to have even more self-confidence if and when we meet the Chiefs again in the playoffs.

2. If the Chiefs win out and get another Super Bowl, it will be all too easy for this to get into the Bills' heads, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy that the Chiefs simply can't be beat.

But most of all, I want the Ravens to win to knock Taylor down a peg (yes, I am indeed petty).

That's fair.

But I hate the Ravens and the Chiefs don't need anything to have more confidence to beat us. 

19 minutes ago, expos4ever said:

There's hope:

38 minutes ago, expos4ever said:

While I certainly understand not wanting the Chiefs to win again, I tire of the hype train always wanting to anoint the next golden boy. They have tried this in the past with Lamar and he folded like a cheap tent. Spags has handled Lamar pretty well in the past. They will sell out to stop the run, put pressure on him and make him beat our secondary. Their defense is very good, but they gave up 31 points to the Rams before they got hot and 33 to the Browns. Both games at home. They won’t blow us out. Too many people are buying into the Texans game against a rookie head coach/ QB that overachieved all season. As a Bills fan why would anyone want Lamar to win one before Allen? On their chat they give us zero chance to win. Extremely overconfident and feel disrespected that line is only 3.5. Obviously Vegas needs public money on the side of the Ravens.

BTW… the Chiefs winning another one will have no bearing on future confidence of the Bills. If Allen is who I think he is it should piss him off 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

While I certainly understand not wanting the Chiefs to win again, I tire of the hype train always wanting to anoint the next golden boy. They have tried this in the past with Lamar and he folded like a cheap tent. Spags has handled Lamar pretty well in the past. They will sell out to stop the run, put pressure on him and make him beat our secondary. Their defense is very good, but they gave up 31 points to the Rams before they got hot and 33 to the Browns. Both games at home. They won’t blow us out. Too many people are buying into the Texans game against a rookie head coach/ QB that overachieved all season. As a Bills fan why would anyone want Lamar to win one before Allen? On their chat they give us zero chance to win. Extremely overconfident and feel disrespected that line is only 3.5. Obviously Vegas needs public money on the side of the Ravens.

BTW… the Chiefs winning another one will have no bearing on future confidence of the Bills. If Allen is who I think he is it should piss him off 

I don't want Lamar to win before Josh, but I don't want KC to win another one either.

Go NFC!

• Like 5
  • Popcorn 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Costly drops

Yup.  As Darin likes to remind people, games come down to a couple plays here and there.  And the last four times these two teams have played, the difference has been ONE play.  Shit happens and it sucks when you are on the losing end but it highlights how good and how close the Bills were this year.

I thought the game plan and execution were all solid. Maybe they should have recognized a little sooner that KC had adjusted to commit more against the run, but our limited WR corp wasn't doing much against that secondary regardless.  What KC did on offense is what I expected to see six weeks ago, there was no way our defense was going to shut them down with who was on the field and in what condition.  That the D came through with the 4Q stops to give Allen one more shot was a huge gut check.

They had to have a TD on the last drive, had a chance and it didn't work out.  Maybe if Dawkins can hold Jones back a little, Allen can step into the throw and hit it. Maybe not.  Maybe if Bass makes the kick, the D can hold or force a turnover.  Maybe not.  It's easy to get frustrated when guys don't come through, but no one did anything wrong.  It just wasn't meant to be.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Keukasmallie

I'm more concerned about tomorrow than yesterday.  Can the Bills recover from four trips to the well (so to speak), fail each time, etc;  can they recover a fourth time?

A number of important players are free agents and may seek greener (currency) pastures.

Several veteran players are of an age (and physical condition) that retirement may beckon.

There may be significant coaching changes, e.g., linebackers coach, OC.

There may be a locker room sense of malaise that grows out of four years of disappointment.

Cap space may set limits that greatly hamper restocking the locker room

True, the journey to the playoffs was a success, but the goal wasn't reached....

Edited by Keukasmallie
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
47 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  As Darin likes to remind people, games come down to a couple plays here and there.  And the last four times these two teams have played, the difference has been ONE play.  Shit happens and it sucks when you are on the losing end but it highlights how good and how close the Bills were this year.

I thought the game plan and execution were all solid. Maybe they should have recognized a little sooner that KC had adjusted to commit more against the run, but our limited WR corp wasn't doing much against that secondary regardless.  What KC did on offense is what I expected to see six weeks ago, there was no way our defense was going to shut them down with who was on the field and in what condition.  That the D came through with the 4Q stops to give Allen one more shot was a huge gut check.

They had to have a TD on the last drive, had a chance and it didn't work out.  Maybe if Dawkins can hold Jones back a little, Allen can step into the throw and hit it. Maybe not.  Maybe if Bass makes the kick, the D can hold or force a turnover.  Maybe not.  It's easy to get frustrated when guys don't come through, but no one did anything wrong.  It just wasn't meant to be.

I agree and disagree.  Those drops were huge, that fake punt fail was huge but the team still managed to get within scoring range with 2 minutes left.

What irks me is that they went for the TD knowing full well that the defense wouldn't have stopped mahomes.  If anyone thought they were, then why the &#%$ is McD going for a fake punt down 3 points???  He didn't have any faith in his defense.  

So IMHO, this falls first on McD for not recognizing that they should keep grinding the clock.  Their short passing game was working and Josh running the ball was also working. 

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

May I ask out of curiosity in what way?

I'm not in the pay him next year camp at all but the Bills 3rd receiver in the game, Sherfield, is not Gabe's equal IMO.  Diggs, Shakir, Davis and Kincaid would have been a tougher matchup for the Chiefs.  Gabe has some good games against them.  

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

I command you for doing so. But, please make sure you keep a bottle of tums or aspirin when rewatching the game.

I'm disappointed but over it already.  If nothing else, this team has taught us to have a short memory.  

• Like 2

Rochesterny
3 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I will agree with you on this point Allen is p$ssed. No doubt about that. He will hear all noise talk about him and the bills. He will come back next year with a vengeance that for certain. He will work harder than before and be extremely motivated. He is him. Super talented and leader of our Bills

• Like 2

Rochesterny
2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

I'm more concerned about tomorrow than yesterday.  Can the Bills recover from four trips to the well (so to speak), fail each time, etc;  can they recover a fourth time?

A number of important players are free agents and may seek greener (currency) pastures.

Several veteran players are of an age (and physical condition) that retirement may beckon.

There may be significant coaching changes, e.g., linebackers coach, OC.

There may be a locker room sense of malaise that grows out of four years of disappointment.

Cap space may set limits that greatly hamper restocking the locker room

True, the journey to the playoffs was a success, but the goal wasn't reached....

If any thing remember the bills are resilient. As Chris Bergman say no one circles the wagon like buffalo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I agree and disagree.  Those drops were huge, that fake punt fail was huge but the team still managed to get within scoring range with 2 minutes left.

What irks me is that they went for the TD knowing full well that the defense wouldn't have stopped mahomes.  If anyone thought they were, then why the &#%$ is McD going for a fake punt down 3 points???  He didn't have any faith in his defense.  

So IMHO, this falls first on McD for not recognizing that they should keep grinding the clock.  Their short passing game was working and Josh running the ball was also working. 

Under two minutes and down 3. The best way to outlast Mahomes is to score a TD and go up 4. To do that you need to take the best opportunity, which is what they did.

I find the mentality against scoring ‘too early’ to be an absurd overreaction to :13. The Ravens blew a playoff game last year because they prioritized running down the clock instead of actually trying to score when they needed to. Stupidest coaching decision I’ve ever seen.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Under two minutes and down 3. The best way to outlast Mahomes is to score a TD and go up 4. To do that you need to take the best opportunity, which is what they did.

I find the mentality against scoring ‘too early’ to be an absurd overreaction to :13. The Ravens blew a playoff game last year because they prioritized running down the clock instead of actually trying to score when they needed to. Stupidest coaching decision I’ve ever seen.

There’s a couple of points I believe you’re not taking into account.

1) Shakir may have been open but it was not an easy throw and the result proves that.

2) The short game was extremely effective.  The big play was not. No reason to believe that it would be after 3 failed attempts.

3) the defense was so bad that even the defensive play caller had no confidence in them which is why he went for the fake punt.