Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

Fansince88
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

Josh was using his legs all game, why did he stop? Why even try a long throw ?

Those earlier deep throws in the drive are what I was screaming at the tv for. Why???? Run the darn ball. That said, if they connected we win the game.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Fansince88 said:

Those earlier deep throws in the drive are what I was screaming at the tv for. Why???? Run the darn ball. That said, if they connected we win the game.

Those were incidents in the game that did not go our way but they still managed to get the closing drive and they &#%$ing blew it.

• Like 1

Bills dug themselves a massive hole and got themselves to 6-6.

They had to win nine straight games to hoist the trophy. The chore was too big, especially with all the injuries. Even so, they had a damn chance at the end and made some head scratching decisions to throw the ball into the end zone. A FG wasn’t going to win it. They had to be thinking first down and then end zone. They didn’t.  

Injuries.

Special teams.

A few bad play calls.

And KC is a fuggin good team.

This team had a LOT of work to do just to get back to this point next year.

I’m sure there are some bright spots, but this isn’t the night to be thinking about those.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88

All that said, 1 year and 18 days after a heart attack and stent placement. Off all my meds and going naturally with an attempt to keep myself healthy. After todays loss I am at 133/78 (Bit higher than normal) and a heart rate of 68bpm. I think I shall go crawl into bed with the snoring sailor and try to get some sleep. 

• Like 6

Nouseforaname
Just now, snafu said:

Bills dug themselves a massive hole and got themselves to 6-6.

They had to win nine straight games to hoist the trophy. The chore was too big, especially with all the injuries. Even so, they had a damn chance at the end and made some head scratching decisions to throw the ball into the end zone. A FG wasn’t going to win it. They had to be thinking first down and then end zone. They didn’t.  

Injuries.

Special teams.

A few bad play calls.

And KC is a fuggin good team.

This team had a LOT of work to do just to get back to this point next year.

I’m sure there are some bright spots, but this isn’t the night to be thinking about those.

How many times during this season did we see decision making by the coaching staff and our qb hurt us at the worst possible time ?

I really like Sean but his time is unfortunately up.  

• Facepalm 2

How many times during this season did we see decision making by the coaching staff and our qb hurt us at the worst possible time ?

I really like Sean but his time is unfortunately up.  

How may times in the last 7 games did this happen?

I’d bring him back for one more go.

• Like 4

A very memorable season for several reasons.  Disappointing in the end as this game was there for the taking.  Not by a large margin, but winnable.  

Health of the defense made it very tough.

I don't like the 1 team per conference bye rule.  After 17 games every team is beat up.  A week off makes a huge difference.  To me the playoffs should start 2 weeks after the regular season for all teams.  That's a complicated change but one that would benefit the players, teams and even the league if they expand to 8 teams per conference.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

It happened enough times during the season and enough times over his run to give him his walking papers.

Coaches have been fired for less.

• Boo 1

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

This was sad

It was sad.  He should have caught it but running hard, defender jumping near you and lights all make it tougher than it looks.  However, that's why Diggs gets paid the big bucks.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
Just now, snafu said:

Thats where I am. We fired an OC and won 7 of the last 9 games. 4 of those wins were against playoff teams. I believe the injuries last week compounded on the injuries throughout yet another year (White and Milano) was the roadblock. Not McDermott 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

It happened enough times during the season and enough times over his run to give him his walking papers.

Coaches have been fired for less.

You’re off base on this one. 

sometimes, guys just need to make plays. Sometimes, injuries are just too much to overcome. 

it’s frustrating, but it’s the truth. We need much more talent at WR. Much much more. 

we have Tre, Milano, and Bernard we win that game by 10. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
2 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

It was sad.  He should have caught it but running hard, defender jumping near you and lights all make it tougher than it looks.  However, that's why Diggs gets paid the big bucks.  

Gets 9 more times and he catches it 70% of the time....last year. Not sure about this year. 

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname

Did anyone find it ironic that Josh tried to score the same type of td that he threw during 13 Seconds to Gabe?

Fansince88

Did anyone find it ironic that Josh tried to score the same type of td that he threw during 13 Seconds to Gabe?

Was that the 13 second TD throw that we took the lead with? I cant remember. 

Nouseforaname
Just now, Dubs said:

You’re off base on this one. 

sometimes, guys just need to make plays. Sometimes, injuries are just too much to overcome. 

it’s frustrating, but it’s the truth. We need much more talent at WR. Much much more. 

we have Tre, Milano, and Bernard we win that game by 10. 

We had mistakes (fake punt) and a bit of luck (fumble).2nd and 9, you convert on a first down and you kill the clock. 

No, he went for the home run.  That’s poor decision making.

Nouseforaname
Just now, Fansince88 said:

Was that the 13 second TD throw that we took the lead with? I cant remember. 

I think so. 

We had mistakes (fake punt) and a bit of luck (fumble).2nd and 9, you convert on a first down and you kill the clock. 

No, he went for the home run.  That’s poor decision making.

that was McDermotts decision?  To go for Shakir in the end zone?

Diggs of late is a head scratcher.  Is he injured in some fashion that isn't widely known?  Defenses are taking him away?  There really is something bothering him that affected his play?  His skills have diminished some?    Offense prioritizing other targets?  

• I don't know 1

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

That throw was there tonight.  Either Josh missed it or Shakir didn't flatten his route enough or both.