Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

4merper4mer
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

We had mistakes (fake punt) and a bit of luck (fumble).2nd and 9, you convert on a first down and you kill the clock. 

No, he went for the home run.  That’s poor decision making.

Diggs was open as Romo pointed out and 17 went for Shakir.  Had him too but got bumped.  How was this possibly McD’s decision?

• Like 2

Fansince88
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

This was sad

I would love to see that from the other side of the field. I think that was a tremendous throw, and defended pass. Josh couldn't have put it in a better place. Diggs threw his body out for that play and it appears the CB while diving puts his hand right where it needed to be. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

We had mistakes (fake punt) and a bit of luck (fumble).2nd and 9, you convert on a first down and you kill the clock. 

No, he went for the home run.  That’s poor decision making.

The fake punt decision was brutal.  That's what 4 and 10 teams do in games that don't matter.  

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Dubs said:

that was McDermotts decision?  To go for Shakir in the end zone?

Does a coach not remind his players of the situation and what would be the most optimal decision?

It was McDermott, Brady and Josh.  

4merper4mer
1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

That throw was there tonight.  Either Josh missed it or Shakir didn't flatten his route enough or both.  

Allen got bumped at release by KC DL pushing Dawkins juuuuust enough.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Diggs was open as Romo pointed out and 17 went for Shakir.  Had him too but got bumped.  How was this possibly McD’s decision?

Diggs was open for 1st down yardage.  

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The goal should have been to get a first down, not 7.

Have we all forgotten 13 seconds ?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Does a coach not remind his players of the situation and what would be the most optimal decision?

dude. You’re upset, emotional. It’s understandable. But re read what you wrote. 

you can’t script every single movement on the field. Shakir was open, Josh read it, it was there. jones pushed Dawkins back into Allen causing Josh to have to short step it. 

• Like 2

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

QB's earpiece shuts off with 15 seconds left on the play clock. Giving the time when all the celebrating from the last play to when the play call is sent down to the QB Yeah, there is plenty of time after each play for a coach to tell the seasoned QB the importance of the moment. 

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
Just now, Dubs said:

dude. You’re upset, emotional. It’s understandable. But re read what you wrote. 

you can’t script every single movement on the field. Shakir was open, Josh read it, it was there. jones pushed Dawkins back into Allen causing Josh to have to short step it. 

I’m actually quite rational right now.  The game was over for me after the fake punt.

Shakir would have gotten 6 and what was needed was 9 yards to get the clock moving.

They were in a position to win the game and poor decision making lost it.

I’m actually quite rational right now.  The game was over for me after the fake punt.

Shakir would have gotten 6 and what was needed was 9 yards to get the clock moving.

yes, Josh should have taken the underneath. You said it was McD’s fault. That’s crazy. 

4merper4mer
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The goal should have been to get a first down, not 7.

Have we all forgotten 13 seconds ?

Which is why Allen should have thrown it to Diggs.  More than 1 receiver was on the field on that play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

That throw was there tonight.  Either Josh missed it or Shakir didn't flatten his route enough or both.  

Wasn’t that the one Chris Jones pushed Dion Dawkins into Josh disrupting the throw?

• Like 1

This one hurts, but less than last year. And the year before. It's part of being a fan of this &#%$ing team, I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88

You know I am usually a @Nouseforaname is a moron kind of guy. I think I agree with you this time so you are probably wrong. Anyway, we would have been better served to get the yardage and push for the 1st down on those plays and keep chewing up clock and then put it in the endzone. If Im reading that this is what you are saying I agree. If not please explain. 

1 minute ago, Mahoney said:

This one hurts, but less than last year. And the year before. It's part of being a fan of this &#%$ing team, I guess.

I am disappointed, but this one doesn’t hurt. The defense was so decimated that even if they got to the AFCCG, they’d have lost. It would have been nice to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs (they’ve got it down in the regular season), but at 6-6 I figured the season was over. To get this far? Exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You know I am usually a @Nouseforaname is a moron kind of guy. I think I agree with you this time so you are probably wrong. Anyway, we would have been better served to get the yardage and push for the 1st down on those plays and keep chewing up clock and then put it in the endzone. If Im reading that this is what you are saying I agree. If not please explain. 

That is exactly what I’m saying. The game was ours, I couldn’t believe that he went for those &#%$ing throws .

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

he was blaming that on McD, which makes no sense. 

josh should have taken that crosser. I totally agree with that. But that was on him not the coach. Josh’s only mistake today. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Nouseforaname said:

That is exactly what I’m saying. The game was ours, I couldn’t believe that he went for those &#%$ing throws .

yeah, but that would have required Diggs to have caught the ball. No gimmie these days. :classic_sad:

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 1