Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Chiefs @ Bills- Divisional Round

Hedge

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

But why did it have to come down to that? Because you clearly lack the ability to see the whole field. The last drive was not the whole game. The fake punt should have been the nail in the coffin LONG before the last drive.

Again, this is on me, for coming here after a loss. I usually wait until everyone is done puking their thoughts. 

Totally my mistake for thinking it would be different.

I think this thread has been pretty reasonable and rational, especially after a disappointing loss.  A few hot takes, but mostly the realization that the defense was simply too decimated, and things would have to have been perfect to win. 

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Yes, but that last drive! He choked! Don't you get it?

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Regardless of how many things were messed up, they still got to within earshot of winning had they just went for a conversion instead of for 6.

Who made the decision to throw the ball? 17.

Thanks, but I'll take JA17 in that situation 10 out of 10 times. You win and you lose, but you're not even CLOSE to sniffing a win WITHOUT JA17.

Your inability to grasp this simple concept is ridiculous.

I'm out for the night. Too much time wasted on this. I'll even concede you are correct: Josh cost this team the game.

Maybe we run with Kyle Allen next year and see if we can't get a good draft pick for Josh while a few people still think he's a good quarterback.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
1 minute ago, Ann said:

I think this thread has been pretty reasonable and rational, especially after a disappointing loss.  A few hot takes, but mostly the realization that the defense was simply too decimated, and things would have to have been perfect to win. 

Completely agree.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

My opinion won’t change tomorrow.  You are correct, it should not have come down to that final drive but they got the lifeline and rather than drive the nail in by getting a first down, he made the wrong decision .

I agree that 17 should have taken the crosser but I think it’s more a 60/40 thing than a 100/0 thing.  The TD was there.  He got bumped.  Sure, ideally we score as time expires to win it, but I would take going up 4 with 1:50 or whatever every time.  

And we don’t sniff participation in this game without Allen.  

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

My opinion won’t change tomorrow.  You are correct, it should not have come down to that final drive but they got the lifeline and rather than drive the nail in by getting a first down, he made the wrong decision .

yes. He made one bad decision that was more like a C decision as opposed to an F. He had Shakir open in the end zone for god sakes. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yes, but that last drive! He choked! Don't you get it?

Thanks, but I'll take JA17 in that situation 10 out of 10 times. You win and you lose, but you're not even CLOSE to sniffing a win WITHOUT JA17.

Your inability to grasp this simple concept is ridiculous.

I'm out for the night. Too much time wasted on this. I'll even concede you are correct: Josh cost this team the game.

Maybe we run with Kyle Allen next year and see if we can't get a good draft pick for Josh while a few people still think he's a good quarterback.

😂😂😂. Man &#%$ you.  You’re projecting your own opinion of me into your responses.

Winners make correct decisions at critical moments.  That wasn’t and that’s why they lost.  

Go to bed idaho.

Rochesterny

Here is what get me :censored:. Spent a lot of money on Von. With that money could have built depth on a young pass rusher and linebacker. Or use that money for young pass rusher altogether that can really sack a quarterback or get pressure. My opinion is Von is done.

• Sad 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Dubs said:

yes. He made one bad decision that was more like a C decision as opposed to an F. He had Shakir open in the end zone for god sakes. 

Shakir scores on that pass, chiefs most likely get the ball back with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.

Bad decision making.

Fansince88

Yeah we get it, @IDBillzFancomes here to point out how we’re all (me) ridiculous for criticizing critical mistakes.

I would like to see the bills win a championship in my lifetime, it won’t happen with that kind of decision making.

I had a great big reply typed up and was ready to hit send. Then I remembered this short sermon. Don't get too caught up between the end zones my friend. For you and all here that are screaming one before I die. It doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

Fansince88
3 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Here is what get me :censored:. Spent a lot of money on Von. With that money could have built depth on a young pass rusher and linebacker. Or use that money for young pass rusher altogether that can really sack a quarterback or get pressure. My opinion is Von is done.

Von helped make a few players who they are. I think Von retires. 

• Wow 1

Rochesterny

Imo the running game, intermediate passes, and screen have been working last six game but the deep ball and the ability to push the ball down field for whatever reason has been broken and has been for a while. Somehow Brady needs to figure what broken there.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer

Shakir scores on that pass, chiefs most likely get the ball back with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.

Bad decision making.

Diggs catches that ball and 90% gets a first down.  We’re still down 3 with absolutely no guarantee of anything.  It could very well have worked out in our favor…..or maybe not.  Like I said, I’d prefer the crosser but it wasn’t some sort of no brainer.  

• Cheers 3

expos4ever

First, let me say that I have been only been a Bills fan for about 7 years. Not sure why I latched onto the Bills, but I generally support teams that have not won a championship (and Buffalo is relatively close to Montreal where I live). Most, if not all, of you know more about the intricacies of the game than I do so I will not comment on any key plays. Even though I am a new fan, I was really disappointed with this loss and all the more so for fans who have suffered disappointment for decades.

I suspect some of you will react negatively to this but, at the end of the day, this is just a game. I really get into rooting for the Bills and so I really do feel bad they lost and I totally get that the football "gods" seem to have it in for the Bills. But let me suggest that, like in life more generally, luck plays a much bigger role than we think - we want to blame someone when things do not go our way, but often, I suggest, luck plays a pretty big role in determining the outcome. Perhaps there was an untimely gust of wind that blew that kick wide right (I know, I said I was not going to comment on specific plays). There are 32 teams and only 1 team's fan will not experience disappointment.

Given that they were 6-6, they really did have a great run. I confess that I find it particularly galling to lose to the Chiefs in particular (like the rest of you, if I see one more shot of Taylor Swift, I am going to eat my young). Try to think of it this way - when the Bills finally do win a championship, and they obviously will at some point, it will all the sweeter.

• Like 3

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Dubs said:

I wish I didn’t know that. Time to pack it in for the night!

3 more feet and it was genius. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Diggs catches that ball and 90% gets a first down.  We’re still down 3 with absolutely no guarantee of anything.  It could very well have worked out in our favor…..or maybe not.  Like I said, I’d prefer the crosser but it wasn’t some sort of no brainer.  

You had 2 plays to get 9 yards and force KC to burn their timeouts.

Nothing is 100% but the smarter decision.

Fansince88
2 minutes ago, expos4ever said:

First, let me say that I have been only been a Bills fan for about 7 years. Not sure why I latched onto the Bills, but I generally support teams that have not won a championship (and Buffalo is relatively close to Montreal where I live). Most, if not all, of you know more about the intricacies of the game than I do so I will not comment on any key plays. Even though I am a new fan, I was really disappointed with this loss and all the more so for fans who have suffered disappointment for decades.

I suspect some of you will react negatively to this but, at the end of the day, this is just a game. I really get into rooting for the Bills and so I really do feel bad they lost and I totally get that the football "gods" seem to have it in for the Bills. But let me suggest that, like in life more generally, luck plays a much bigger role than we think - we want to blame someone when things do not go our way, but often, I suggest, luck plays a pretty big role in determining the outcome. Perhaps there was an untimely gust of wind that blew that kick wide right (I know, I said I was not going to comment on specific plays). There are 32 teams and only 1 team's fan will not experience disappointment.

Given that they were 6-6, they really did have a great run. I confess that I find it particularly galling to lose to the Chiefs in particular (like the rest of you, if I see one more shot of Taylor Swift, I am going to eat my young). Try to think of it this way - when the Bills finally do win a championship, and they obviously will at some point, it will all the sweeter.

2 things

1) Can you get me a foam finger from the old Expos days? My adult son when he was just a child we brought him to Montreal to see a Mets game. He did not got one there and is collecting them at every stadium he goes to. 

2) May want to lock your young away next week. Im afraid you will see her one more time. 

• Like 2

expos4ever
8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

2 things

1) Can you get me a foam finger from the old Expos days? My adult son when he was just a child we brought him to Montreal to see a Mets game. He did not got one there and is collecting them at every stadium he goes to. 

2) May want to lock your young away next week. Im afraid you will see her one more time. 

As an Expos fan from year one in 1969 (I am 65), I, like Bills fans, know disappointment. I used to go to up to 30 games a year. Never bought a foam finger.

As for Taylor, while I consider myself to be a relatively rational person not inclined to emotional excess, there is something about her in particular that really annoys the **** out of me.

To you Bills fans who are feeling pretty downtrodden right now, remember that at least you still have a team to root for next year. When the Washington Nationals (where the Expos moved in case you did not know) won the World Series exactly 50 years after the Expos began, I practically vomited in disgusted. So much for being rational.

Edited by expos4ever
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2