• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Fansince88

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Alaska Darin

Spartacus

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5556274/2024/06/14/nfl-win-totals-bets-predictions-2024/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983&userId=3253079

The bookmakers also don’t think much about parity, as eight teams have over-under totals of 10.5 wins or more. That would be the most teams with a win total greater than 10 in a season since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002. We have five of those teams hitting the over as we take out our crystal ball again. We did pretty well last season, going 4-2 on our best bets and 19-13 overall for our fourth straight winning June.

Here are my picks for every team’s win-loss over/under.

Buffalo Bills

Over 10.5 (+120)

The Bills never get their due respect, as coach Sean McDermott (seven seasons) and quarterback Josh Allen (six) have never gone under their season win-total projection. They did a good job bolstering their receiving corps with Keon Coleman and Curtis Samuel while replacing some of the pieces they lost on defense. This might finally be Allen’s MVP year (plus-800). Buffalo has a great home-field advantage and was 7-1 there last season. That’s a foundation for going over season totals every year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5556274/2024/06/14/nfl-win-totals-bets-predictions-2024/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983&userId=3253079

The bookmakers also don’t think much about parity, as eight teams have over-under totals of 10.5 wins or more. That would be the most teams with a win total greater than 10 in a season since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002. We have five of those teams hitting the over as we take out our crystal ball again. We did pretty well last season, going 4-2 on our best bets and 19-13 overall for our fourth straight winning June.

Here are my picks for every team’s win-loss over/under.

Buffalo Bills

Over 10.5 (+120)

The Bills never get their due respect, as coach Sean McDermott (seven seasons) and quarterback Josh Allen (six) have never gone under their season win-total projection. They did a good job bolstering their receiving corps with Keon Coleman and Curtis Samuel while replacing some of the pieces they lost on defense. This might finally be Allen’s MVP year (plus-800). Buffalo has a great home-field advantage and was 7-1 there last season. That’s a foundation for going over season totals every year.

Is having 10 teams expected to win 10.5 or more truly a reflection of a lack of parity or is it a reflection of there now being a 17 game season?  How many teams in the old 16 game seasons were expected to be at 9.5 wins or more?  If that never hit 10 teams, the guy might be onto something, but without the data would expect that extra game played has something to do with it.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler

Why the hell would anyone sell a Bills cap with the writing in Miami Dolphins aqua ??????????

mens-new-era-white-buffalo-bills-jazzy-g

• clown 1
  • Doh! 2
  • Boo 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/16/2024 at 7:44 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Why the hell would anyone sell a Bills cap with the writing in Miami Dolphins aqua ??????????

It's Pride Month! Nothing says gay like Dolphin colors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 1

KD in CA
On 6/16/2024 at 7:44 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

I wonder what kind of soup you get....

image.thumb.png.2a11b5383f5c57e49678b50a05918e4a.png

• Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I wonder what kind of soup you get....

image.thumb.png.2a11b5383f5c57e49678b50a05918e4a.png

Gotta be split pea

IDBillzFan

In the Miller thread I opined a bit about how NFL talking heads are lazy and never drill down before making proclamations about the window closing in Buffalo, and while this article doesn't drill deeply, he at least understands the lazy hype is really an over-hyped story.

Bills' offseason unloading of vets

It's been easy to kick the Bills this offseason. They're down -- again -- after having to shed big swaths of salary that arguably worsened four positions. It's hard to claim that the Bills are better at receiver, offensive line, defensive line or in the secondary now than they were a year ago.

Khalil Shakir is the only receiver on the roster who has caught a pass from Josh Allen after the departures of Stefon DiggsGabe DavisDeonte Harty and Trent Sherfield. But Allen won't be looking around like confused Travolta. The tight ends project to carry a bigger share of the load. The upside of Shakir and Keon Coleman can't be overlooked.  And James Cook and Curtis Samuel figure to combine for more than 100 catches. If even one of the Mack Hollins/Chase Claypool/Marquez Valdes-Scantling trio does anything, Buffalo will be more than fine, I suspect.

The offensive and defensive lines both have a chance to be good units. I am worried about the depth in both spots, but the starting groups still have some strength to them. Good health would go a long way toward providing key stability.

If there's a spot I am most worried about, it's probably that secondary. Losing four major contributors (corners Dane Jackson and Tre’Davious White and safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer) is no joke. But even so, I won't write off this group, which features a few solid returners, the untapped upside of 2022 first-rounder Kaiir Elam and a potential rookie starter in second-round sleeper Cole Bishop.

But for me, what makes this more of an overblown story than it should be is the presence of Allen. He's the obvious meal ticket, and it's possible that there's an addition-by-subtraction quotient at play here that's being forgotten. No longer is there a need to force feed Diggs or issue targets to the maddeningly inconsistent Davis.

I'm lightly buying Bills stock on its way down. There might be some losses along the way, but I'm starting to think this team can get back on the mountain sooner than some might guess.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

The 33rd Team NFL writer Dan Pizzuta discussed why he named Bills WR Khalil Shakir a player poised for a breakout season and why he named Bills DT Ed Oliver as one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He also examined if the Bills have the most difficult schedule in 2024.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Ann said:

The 33rd Team NFL writer Dan Pizzuta discussed why he named Bills WR Khalil Shakir a player poised for a breakout season and why he named Bills DT Ed Oliver as one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He also examined if the Bills have the most difficult schedule in 2024.

"Khalil Shakir poised for a breakout season" isn't exactly a bold take, given that he's at worst currently the #2 receiver on the roster, and the only receiver on the roster who's caught a pass from Josh Allen.  

• Like 2