Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Worst trade ever.  So bad, it honestly makes me giddy.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Let me be the first to suggest the Broncos replace the excruciatingly painful motto "Broncos country, let's ride" with the even worse motto of "Hooked on Bo Nix."  

C'mon Denver, do it.  You know you want to be that pathetic.  Do it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

You know…

Watson should try Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds, Stonermeds!

• Facepalm 2

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Let me be the first to suggest the Broncos replace the excruciatingly painful motto "Broncos country, let's ride" with the even worse motto of "Hooked on Bo Nix."  

Can't tell if Bonix sounds like it should be a dog treat or a knock off anti-asthma drug.  Definitely doesn't sound like an NFL QB.

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 3

KD in CA
5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Can't tell if Bonix sounds like it should be a dog treat or a knock off anti-asthma drug.  Definitely doesn't sound like an NFL QB.

Definitely the later.  I can already see a soccer mom taking a deep, satisfying breath in the middle of a grass field.

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ugh.

Only Coffee Achievers get this.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sounds more like an NFL QB than "Mac Jones" or "Tua Tagovailoa."

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Sounds more like an NFL QB than "Mac Jones" or "Tua Tagovailoa."

That their names don't scream NFL QB doesn't/shouldn't affect whether Bonix is an anti-asthma drug or a dessert topping.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That their names don't scream NFL QB doesn't/shouldn't affect whether Bonix is an anti-asthma drug or a dessert topping.

Who would put bonix on a bowl of ice cream or a slice of apple pie.  Definitely an anti-asthma drug. 

And an anti-asthma drug that includes "congestion and shortness of breath" in its side-effects, no less.

47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Who would put bonix on a bowl of ice cream or a slice of apple pie.  Definitely an anti-asthma drug. 

And an anti-asthma drug that includes "congestion and shortness of breath" in its side-effects, no less.

Well, yeah, the consensus seems to be knock off anti-asthma drug (which incidentally has side effects strangely reminiscent of asthma).  But still believe it could be a dog treat of the kind you'd find at Costco or Walmart.

• Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, yeah, the consensus seems to be knock off anti-asthma drug (which incidentally has side effects strangely reminiscent of asthma).  But still believe it could be a dog treat of the kind you'd find at Costco or Walmart.

Oh, guess what?  Better than a knock-off asthma drug.  A homeopathic asthma drug made from oyster shells.  

https://produits-sante.canada.ca/dpd-bdpp/info?lang=eng&code=52563&wbdisable=true

I honestly found this googling for "Bonix dog treats."

• Applause 1

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Oh, guess what?  Better than a knock-off asthma drug.  A homeopathic asthma drug made from oyster shells.  

https://produits-sante.canada.ca/dpd-bdpp/info?lang=eng&code=52563&wbdisable=true

I honestly found this googling for "Bonix dog treats."

AND poison ivy.  Awesome.  :classic_dry:

Get that it is no longer approved.  But cannot figure out what it WAS approved for.  Apparently the usage indications are in the ATC and the ICD-10 but not finding it in either.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

AND poison ivy.  Awesome.  :classic_dry:

Get that it is no longer approved.  But cannot figure out what it WAS approved for.  Apparently the usage indications are in the ATC and the ICD-10 but not finding it in either.

I had to look up "homeopathy oyster shells."

And like most woo, it treats everything.  But one of them is, in fact, "respiratory disorders."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/homoeopathic-calcarea-ostrearum-unveiling-healing-oyster-rastogi-/

• FANtastic 1

The athletic. Only 3 tier 1 QBs this year…Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2024: Only 2 join Mahomes in Tier 1; Rodgers, Herbert drop out

A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure-passing situations. He has no real holes in his game.

</snip>

Allen, like Burrow, landed in Tier 1 for a third consecutive year. He commanded five fewer Tier 1 votes this year compared to last but remained solidly within the top group.

“For me, Mahomes and Josh Allen are the two guys right now that people are the most afraid to play,” a head coach said. “They do not go in and say they are as afraid to go play Joe Burrow. Maybe that is just from a playmaking standpoint. I think Joe is great, but these two (Mahomes and Allen) put teams on their backs and win.”

The cost of Allen’s playmaking — 22 turnovers last season, second-most in the NFL behind Sam Howell — explains why 11 voters did not place him in Tier 1.

“The reason I put him as a 2, I’m wondering if people have caught up to him a little bit,” an offensive coach said. “If he can’t extend the down, it is hard for him to stay on schedule and protect the football. When you see guys throwing bad interceptions, why did they go there with the ball? Is it because they are not understanding what is in front of them?”

Most voters felt Allen handled pure-pass situations well enough to carry his team in critical moments, separating him from players in Tier 2.

“He can pass to win it, and he can just say, ‘Screw it, I’m going to scramble today because my passing sucks,’ and still win it,” another voter said.

Over the past three seasons, Allen leads the NFL in combined passing and rushing touchdowns with 128, 17 more than Mahomes at No. 2. His 59 turnovers rank second to Trevor Lawrence (60).

“If he does not turn the ball over, he is going to make plenty of plays to win the games,” another head coach said. “I think he is a top-three or top-four guy in the league.”

Note

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Ann said:

The athletic. Only 3 tier 1 QBs this year…Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2024: Only 2 join Mahomes in Tier 1; Rodgers, Herbert drop out

A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure-passing situations. He has no real holes in his game.

</snip>

Allen, like Burrow, landed in Tier 1 for a third consecutive year. He commanded five fewer Tier 1 votes this year compared to last but remained solidly within the top group.

“For me, Mahomes and Josh Allen are the two guys right now that people are the most afraid to play,” a head coach said. “They do not go in and say they are as afraid to go play Joe Burrow. Maybe that is just from a playmaking standpoint. I think Joe is great, but these two (Mahomes and Allen) put teams on their backs and win.”

The cost of Allen’s playmaking — 22 turnovers last season, second-most in the NFL behind Sam Howell — explains why 11 voters did not place him in Tier 1.

“The reason I put him as a 2, I’m wondering if people have caught up to him a little bit,” an offensive coach said. “If he can’t extend the down, it is hard for him to stay on schedule and protect the football. When you see guys throwing bad interceptions, why did they go there with the ball? Is it because they are not understanding what is in front of them?”

Most voters felt Allen handled pure-pass situations well enough to carry his team in critical moments, separating him from players in Tier 2.

“He can pass to win it, and he can just say, ‘Screw it, I’m going to scramble today because my passing sucks,’ and still win it,” another voter said.

Over the past three seasons, Allen leads the NFL in combined passing and rushing touchdowns with 128, 17 more than Mahomes at No. 2. His 59 turnovers rank second to Trevor Lawrence (60).

“If he does not turn the ball over, he is going to make plenty of plays to win the games,” another head coach said. “I think he is a top-three or top-four guy in the league.”

Note

Honestly...I would have put Lamar Jackson in that first tier, too.  And I don't particularly like him.

• Like 2