Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

By Pro Football Reference, Peterman has been signed ten times and released eleven times from the Raiders, Bears, and Bills.

exterminador-do.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spartacus

The Bills have an unlimited supply to pick from.

Recency bias wins out

Edited by Spartacus
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

The Bills have an unlimited supply to pick from.

Recency bias wins out

Recency bias indeed.  As horrible as Peterman was, Gary Marangi is still the standard by which bad QBing is measured.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Recency bias indeed.  As horrible as Peterman was, Gary Marangi is still the standard by which bad QBing is measured.  

I don't know that he's any worse than

Joe Dufek

Bruce Mathison

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Joe Dufek

Bruce Mathison

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

What about this guy with a career 43% completion rate and 4/22 TD/INT?

Dan Darragh Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Funny story, my Dad sold him a used car in the mid-70's and they completed the transaction in our kitchen.  Super nice guy, but not much of an NFL QB.   At the time I was unaware of Dan's stats.  

• Like 2

Spartacus
18 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

What about this guy with a career 43% completion rate and 4/22 TD/INT?

Dan Darragh Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Funny story, my Dad sold him a used car in the mid-70's and they completed the transaction in our kitchen.  Super nice guy, but not much of an NFL QB.   At the time I was unaware of Dan's stats.  

he played so long ago, that the forward pass was a new thing

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Joe Dufek

Bruce Mathison

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Gary Marangi holds the LEAGUE record for lowest completion percentage in a season.  With the same offense that Ferguson was leading the league in almost all statistical measures before he was injured.  

There is no contest.  Not even between Marangi and Mathison.

• Cheers 2

Sig1Hunter
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Joe Dufek

Bruce Mathison

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

I thought Tuel and Thad acquitted themselves nicely for being put in the positions they were. 

• Like 3

IDBillzFan
On 8/31/2024 at 3:23 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"The only good thing about that quarterback, son, is he's Italian."  -- My Father, after Marangi went in for an injured Ferguson and threw what felt like 32 interceptions.

2. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Overrated, huh? That's what some players said about Allen in a poll for ESPN.

Those players are living in fantasy land. 

Allen knows how to play quarterback in the modern era. His interceptions often come on deep balls — and also often on third downs. He knows when to push the ball downfield in a way that minimizes damage. Yes, he's a risk-taker with his legs and his arms. But his offensive coordinator Joe Brady called him "a human eraser" for mistakes. Whether it's Allen or a teammate at fault, the quarterback will respond by doing something remarkable that compensates for errors. He had 29 passing touchdowns and 15 rushing touchdowns last year.

His only weakness is Patrick Mahomes exists. Which is why Allen sits at No. 2 on this list.