11.jpg.f791c0400a249e83893849ecb1b4b236.jpg

I like the potential of Shakir/Coleman.

But potential still has to be realized.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
On 6/17/2024 at 2:03 PM, Ann said:

Sleeper? 🤔

Not to anyone who watched him last season.  The only question about Shakir is whether he can be consistently productive outside the numbers but with the ball in his hands, he was clearly the best YAC WR on the team.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not to anyone who watched him last season.  The only question about Shakir is whether he can be consistently productive outside the numbers but with the ball in his hands, he was clearly the best YAC WR on the team.

Yes on all counts. The media pundits see Diggs’ departure as a very large loss. Whereas it might not be addition by subtraction, it’s not too large a loss to be overcome - especially with respect to raw production. 

I think Sanders will be a reasonable production replacement for Diggs and Coleman for Gabe. That said, Josh’s overall passing yards might dip a bit this year. But it will likely because of the emphasis on the running game as much or more than the new WR corps and Josh getting their mojo together. 

My 2 cents.  

• Like 4

On 6/20/2024 at 7:56 AM, Nanker said:

Yes on all counts. The media pundits see Diggs’ departure as a very large loss. Whereas it might not be addition by subtraction, it’s not too large a loss to be overcome - especially with respect to raw production. 

I think Sanders will be a reasonable production replacement for Diggs and Coleman for Gabe. That said, Josh’s overall passing yards might dip a bit this year. But it will likely because of the emphasis on the running game as much or more than the new WR corps and Josh getting their mojo together. 

My 2 cents.  

the other day I read they losing Diggs, Gabe and a 3rd that the Bills are no longer contenders. 

today I read this 

Per CBS Sports, the Bills’ new duo of star quarterback Josh Allen and rookie wide receiver Keon Coleman is the fifth-best new QB-WR duo heading into this upcoming season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-josh-allen-keon-coleman-124549124.html

From no weapons to 5th best QB duo combo. 

Or does that backhandedly mean that Josh is the 5th best QB. 😉 

it’s clickbait time in the NFL for people hungry for news 

Ninety-4
On 6/20/2024 at 6:56 AM, Nanker said:

My 2 cents.  

I'm not banking on Coleman being an opening day starter.  I think MVS or possibly Claypool (if he's got his head on straight) could be in the top 3 along with Shakir and Samuel.  It does sound like they plan to run the ball more, they certainly did after Brady took over and one of the Bills players in a recent interview mentioned a bigger commitment to the run this year.  Can't recall who, it might have been McGovern.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/19/2024 at 3:09 PM, Alaska Darin said:

The thing about Shakir is that -- to my Biden-like ability to remember things -- some of his catches defied logic, in part because of the throw, but I think it was vs. the Jets he caught a rocket over the middle that 100% looked like it was either a pick or incomplete, and I still haven't seen an angle that explains how he caught that ball and then scored from like 40-something yards out.

Shakir went to high school by a long-time friend of mine in Murietta, CA, and the guy called me the moment the Bills drafted him, not to proclaim he's going to be great, but just to say he hopes he works out in the NFL because he's such a solid, grounded kid.

• Like 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The thing about Shakir is that -- to my Biden-like ability to remember things -- some of his catches defied logic, in part because of the throw, but I think it was vs. the Jets he caught a rocket over the middle that 100% looked like it was either a pick or incomplete, and I still haven't seen an angle that explains how he caught that ball and then scored from like 40-something yards out.

Shakir went to high school by a long-time friend of mine in Murietta, CA, and the guy called me the moment the Bills drafted him, not to proclaim he's going to be great, but just to say he hopes he works out in the NFL because he's such a solid, grounded kid.

At 1:52.

I can't figure that catch out either.  But Shakir wouldn't have scored if not for that excellent blocking he got from the Jets.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ninety-4
On 6/21/2024 at 8:28 AM, Shady said:

the other day I read they losing Diggs, Gabe and a 3rd that the Bills are no longer contenders. 

today I read this 

From no weapons to 5th best QB duo combo. 

Or does that backhandedly mean that Josh is the 5th best QB. 😉 

it’s clickbait time in the NFL for people hungry for news 

Certainly is clickbait.  I find all these subjective rankings mostly a waste of time, especially with players who haven't even played 1 pre-season down let alone actual games.  I'm keeping any expectations for Coleman very much in check for now.  He's a fresh rookie with a lot to learn and prove.  He hasn't even earned a spot on the Bills depth chart yet and some writer is ranking him in a league-wide article?    

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Hmmm

What is this, third-period study hall?    "Like, OMG!  Did you hear that Brandon totally followed Chase on Instagram?  That's, like, so totally cool or something!"

Social media is the &#%$ing devil.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Alaska Darin
31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What is this, third-period study hall?    "Like, OMG!  Did you hear that Brandon totally followed Chase on Instagram?  That's, like, so totally cool or something!"

Social media is the &#%$ing devil.

I was sitting over here like "WTF is GMBB doing on &#%$ing Instagram?  Dude, get to work!"

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Uncle Joe
21 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was sitting over here like "WTF is GMBB doing on &#%$ing Instagram?  Dude, get to work!"

I thought the Galactic_Whale was Andy Reid, Nah, he's probably the Galactic_Walrus.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:48 AM, Ann said:

Hmmm

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
On 6/17/2024 at 2:03 PM, Ann said:

Sleeper? 🤔

Just further proof that very few people regularly watch the BILLS with a critical eye.  Shakir could very well be WR1 this season from a stats perspective.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2