Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just further proof that very few people regularly watch the BILLS with a critical eye.  Shakir could very well be WR1 this season from a stats perspective.

Like I said above, potential has to be realized.

But I'm honestly not too worried.  If Shakir and Coleman step up and take over where Diggs and Davis left off, I won't be at all surprised.

• Like 2

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Like I said above, potential has to be realized.

But I'm honestly not too worried.  If Shakir and Coleman step up and take over where Diggs and Davis left off, I won't be at all surprised.

I want one of them to take off where Diggs started. He did not leave off very well. 

• Popcorn 1

SquirminThurman
On 7/16/2024 at 4:28 PM, Ann said:

Good quick read. When looking at his career I mentioned Samuel reminded me of a high end Isaiah McKenzie or a low end Deebo Samuel back when we signed him. Sounds like Brady kind of agrees.

His only year with Brady in CAR he had 77 REC for 851 yards with three touchdowns and rushed 41 times for 200 yards with two TDs. Not bad for a rookie with no training camp (COVID year). Was surprised to see he managed to average 63 catches for 635 yards per season with questionable QB play in Washington. Not bad. Davis averaged 46 for 791 with JA.

2022+2023 comparisons

https://stathead.com/tiny/hjZ6J

Career: 317 REC for 3,383 yards with 22 touchdowns and 715 yards rushing with seven TDs. Good dual purpose production.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 5
  • Popcorn 1
  • Love 1

CarpetCrawler

Remember how good Josh made Robert Foster look?

We've got some guys with recognizable names who've caught passes from a lot lesser QBs (ok, all but Scantling),

I'm not worried.

• Like 4

SquirminThurman
11 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Remember how good Josh made Robert Foster look?

We've got some guys with recognizable names who've caught passes from a lot lesser QBs (ok, all but Scantling),

I'm not worried.

Really hoping Claypool is focused and puts his best foot forward now that he is playing with a top 5 QB and a team with recent playoff mojo. He was really good with Big Ben and the culture at Pittsburgh. McDermott and the Bills locker room will probably be most like Tomlin and the Steelers culture he has been with since.

Josh is the most Big Ben like QB Claypool has played with since. It would be a real pleasant surprise to see him become 'Mapletron' again. 60-850-5 would go a long way to help this WR corps, and that is in line with what he did as a #2 in Pittsburgh.

Having Coleman at 6'4 - 215 and Claypool at 6'4 - 200 on the outside would be a big (pun intended) target style difference for JA from the smurfs he has been throwing to in Diggs/ Brown (and Beasley). Add in Kincaid 6-4 240 and we could have the Towers of Power.

MVS makes me nervous. He is basically a poor mans Gabe Davis. If Gabe Davis' drops/ completion % made people angry don't look at MVS advanced stats... Believe it or not GD has a 5% higher catch % than MVS for his career (55% vs 50%). Like you said, MVS has been playing with stud QBs (Rogers and Mahomes). Both play better in the playoffs. Best case scenario MVS is WR 4 or 5 and you put him in during the playoffs 🤣

Curious if Justin Shorter can make the team and contribute. Could he be another mid round find by OBD?

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
24 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Curious if Justin Shorter can make the team and contribute. Could he be another mid round find by OBD?

Shorter was the Number One overall receiver coming out of High School and the Number Seven FOOTBALL player in the entire country.  He committed to Penn State, went there for what ended up being a red shirt Freshman season and then an uneventful Sophomore year, then transferred to Florida.

The biggest issue is he really didn't develop in college for a variety of reasons.  His first year was the best team he played on.  He was basically the 4th WR and 5th receiving option (Kardarius Toney led the team and Kyle Pitts was the second option).  Kyle Trask was the QB and completed nearly 70% of his passes.

His Junior and Senior years the Gators were mediocre (to be kind).  He moved up the depth chart but the QBs (Emory Jones and Anthony Richardson) had sub-55 completion percentages, which makes it a lot harder to evaluate how good a WR really is.  His numbers were better than his sophomore year but nothing to write home about, which is why he was still on the board in the 5th round when his measurables say he's an elite athlete.

I don't think this is a "make/break" year for him in the NFL because he's a good special teams guy but it might be his last chance to make the roster in WNY.

• Like 3

SquirminThurman
On 7/20/2024 at 12:50 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Shorter was the Number One overall receiver coming out of High School and the Number Seven FOOTBALL player in the entire country.  He committed to Penn State, went there for what ended up being a red shirt Freshman season and then an uneventful Sophomore year, then transferred to Florida.

The biggest issue is he really didn't develop in college for a variety of reasons.  His first year was the best team he played on.  He was basically the 4th WR and 5th receiving option (Kardarius Toney led the team and Kyle Pitts was the second option).  Kyle Trask was the QB and completed nearly 70% of his passes.

His Junior and Senior years the Gators were mediocre (to be kind).  He moved up the depth chart but the QBs (Emory Jones and Anthony Richardson) had sub-55 completion percentages, which makes it a lot harder to evaluate how good a WR really is.  His numbers were better than his sophomore year but nothing to write home about, which is why he was still on the board in the 5th round when his measurables say he's an elite athlete.

I don't think this is a "make/break" year for him in the NFL because he's a good special teams guy but it might be his last chance to make the roster in WNY.

Thanks for the reminder of Shorter's 'football DNA'. I do think he is a rosterable WR in the NFL. Just curious what he can do this pre-season. I'd love to see him be a success story, he is kind of the forgotten man on the roster.

• Cheers 4

Very long article:

‘We’ll get it done:’ The Buffalo Bills enter the great unknown at wide receiver
Stefon Diggs is gone. The Buffalo Bills drove the position in a completely new direction. A ballsy decision for a Super Bowl contender. Will it work? The new crew does not hold back.
- Tyler Dunne

</snip>

The Bills hit reset at a premium position.

Their bet? A highly-driven group that rolls five or six deep is more valuable than the five-star No. 1. These are the chosen ones Buffalo believes can string together those four straight playoff wins. They weren’t afraid to send a driven Diggs to C.J. Stroud and Houston, nor did Beane flinch in trading the Kansas City Chiefs the draft pick that netted Xavier Worthy. For good measure? Gabe Davis, a wideout they discovered/drafted/developed, signed with another AFC foil.

Wide receivers coach Adam Henry grasps the stakes. If anyone knows the value of an eccentric, electric No. 1 wide receiver, it’s the guy who coached Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry and calls the ex-Bill Diggs “a dog” and “a special talent” who’ll be difficult to replace.

“But we got some guys,” Henry says. “We’ll get it done.”

</snip>

• Like 1

Mack Hollins is a barefoot NFL Tarzan and the Buffalo Bills love him

74527191007-bills-training-camp-barefoot

Mack Hollins signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills. Fans hope he'll take his shoes off and stay awhile.

He's gotten off on the right foot.

Hollins walks on the field − and virtually everywhere else he goes − barefoot at training camp. His cutoff fringe shirt and long curly locks flap in the wind. He eats with his hands, not utensils.

Hollins is an NFL Tarzan.

The free-spirited veteran wide receiver arrives early to work, stays late for autographs, and is quickly becoming a Bills Mafia favorite.

Offensive coordinator Joe Brady loves him, too, and has been inspired to give his feet some fresh air.

Bills Mack Hollins, a wide receiver, takes the field barefoot with gear in his hands.

"One of my favorite players. Honestly, one of my favorite people I’ve ever met," Brady said. "Becoming more grounded because of him. I started walking around barefoot yesterday. You look around there’s 10 other guys barefoot. That kind of speaks to who he is. Guys want to follow him."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/07/26/mack-hollins-buffalo-bills-training-camp-barefoot-utensils-tarzan-fan-favorite/74550962007/

• Like 2

Chandemonium
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Mack Hollins signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills. Fans hope he'll take his shoes off and stay awhile.

Hollins walks on the field − and virtually everywhere else he goes − barefoot at training camp. His cutoff fringe shirt and long curly locks flap in the wind. He eats with his hands, not utensils.

The free-spirited veteran wide receiver arrives early to work, stays late for autographs, and is quickly becoming a Bills Mafia favorite.

Offensive coordinator Joe Brady loves him, too, and has been inspired to give his feet some fresh air.

Bills Mack Hollins, a wide receiver, takes the field barefoot with gear in his hands.

"One of my favorite players. Honestly, one of my favorite people I’ve ever met," Brady said. "Becoming more grounded because of him. I started walking around barefoot yesterday. You look around there’s 10 other guys barefoot. That kind of speaks to who he is. Guys want to follow him."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/07/26/mack-hollins-buffalo-bills-training-camp-barefoot-utensils-tarzan-fan-favorite/74550962007/

I remember watching GMFB on a day I had off of work a couple years back and he was on there talking about his diet. I think he said he was on a carnivore diet during the week, but vegan on game days or something like that. Definitely seems like he marches to the beat of his own drum. 

Fansince88
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Grounding is great. Got me through my Tachycardia issues. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

I sent his presser today to my bestie in Chicago (she does not watch sports) and told her he would be her soulmate if she wasn't already married. My friend wears flipflops during Chicago winters, and is barefoot most other times. She absolutely loved him! (and his story)

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
On 7/28/2024 at 4:13 PM, Fansince88 said:

It is a game changer for people who have inflammation issues.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Spartacus
On 7/28/2024 at 5:13 PM, Fansince88 said:

complete snake oil

how can it have any value if no Big Pharma drugs are involved?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5