Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

KD in CA
On 7/16/2024 at 2:01 PM, Ann said:

11.jpg.c6944de331b80ea3110689517319a168.jpg

I do, Aiyuk is one of my favorite players in the league.  I wouldn't even mind trading the pick(s) for him.  But the $28-$30M a year contract is rough.  How much space do the Bills have next year?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I do, Aiyuk is one of my favorite players in the league.  I wouldn't even mind trading the pick(s) for him.  But the $28-$30M a year contract is rough.  How much space do the Bills have next year?

The Athletic article came up with this:

So, without counting any rollover funds, a potential Allen restructure, or the NFL salary cap being higher than the projected $260 million, those three moves next year would push up the Bills’ 2025 cap space to just under $34 million. For Beane, who has been handcuffed by minimal cap space, that is a significant figure.

• Like 1

SquirminThurman

2025 cap space numbers as of now:

Over The Cap:

Buffalo 26th with -$3,716,094 in cap space. (64 players)

The Pats are 2nd in cap space +$84,309,436 (54 players)

The Jets are 6th in cap space +$57,863,895 (64 players)

Spotrac:

Buffalo 28th with -$16.5 million (61 active players under contract)

Pats 1st in cap space with +$102.6 million (51 active players)

Jets 7th in cap space with +$62.5 million (60 active players)

The difference in player count is voidable year accounting, an accounting trick to spread money out on guys. The Bills have 4 void year contracts in 2025, (paying for a player not on the roster) Void years in 2025: Rasul Douglas/ Dwayne Smoot/ MVS and Austin Johnson. They account for $6.3 million in cap hits in 2025.

They both agree the Bills dead cap is $4.1 million for Tre White

Both site include different criteria in their calculations, but in relative terms they agree.

Miller could be cut Post June 1 and free up $17.5 million in cap 2025.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

SquirminThurman

BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens agreed to a one-year deal with former Chicago Bears safety Eddie Jackson on Friday. Jackson, 30, bolsters a safety position that already features Kyle Hamilton and Marcus Williams.

Good late FA pickup by the Ravens.

The Bears cut him to make some cap room.

IDBillzFan

You see, the problem was never Diggs. It was the other teams he played for. Their culture was just not good enough for him.

This time will be different because this time he looks like too tapped in and focused and committed to being a Texan.

Never seen this side of Diggs before. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Fansince88
8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You see, the problem was never Diggs. It was the other teams he played for. Their culture was just not good enough for him.

This time will be different because this time he looks like too tapped in and focused and committed to being a Texan.

And in that 7 second video you can see something you have never seen before. 😆. Great reporting and good luck Texas.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wow.  Actual light cardboard tickets.  Not just a 'well load this app onto your phone and a barcode will show up for you to present to be scanned to gain access to the building.  Oh, btw, did we tell you our wi-fi sucks, so it may take you 10 minutes to get your barcode to be scanable?'  That's pretty sweet.

(Sorry, that was bitching about the Sabres, Bandits, Amerks, & Kin-ig-hit Hawks.  Pretty sure the Bills do the same thing, but have only been to 1 game post covid & can't recall if we had real tickets or not.  So, maybe the Bills actually still use real tickets, at least for a selected few.)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wow.  Actual light cardboard tickets.  Not just a 'well load this app onto your phone and a barcode will show up for you to present to be scanned to gain access to the building.  Oh, btw, did we tell you our wi-fi sucks, so it may take you 10 minutes to get your barcode to be scanable?'  That's pretty sweet. 

(Sorry, that was bitching about the Sabres, Bandits, Amerks, & Kin-ig-hit Hawks.  Pretty sure the Bills do the same thing, but have only been to 1 game post covid & can't recall if we had real tickets or not.  So, maybe the Bills actually still use real tickets, at least for a selected few.)

Yeah, I know they save a ton of money not printing anything out and it's more convenient for the secondary markets, etc...but I too prefer the old school approach to ticketing.  I thought that whole thing was pretty friggin' cool.

• Like 5

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

He's not going back to Houston at the end of the season.  I'd bet a ton of money on it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah, I know they save a ton of money not printing anything out and it's more convenient for the secondary markets, etc...but I too prefer the old school approach to ticketing.  I thought that whole thing was pretty friggin' cool.

That was always one of the perks about being a STH.  The STs were always (well, after about '96, before that they just had the team logo and MAYBE the logo of the opponent on them) special.  They'd have different players on the tickets or game scenes or fans (like the Raiders did this year) rather than just have all the game info printed on them like the Ticketmaster tickets would have that you'd get just purchasing individual game tickets.

Realize that the teams do save a lot of money with not printing them.  But the fans lose a nice little memory trigger.  Still have a few ticket stubs on the dresser mirror from some cool games of the past.  Can't do that with an e-ticket.  And with the way ticket prices go up every year, would people even notice it if the price were $1 more to cover the less than $1/ticket that it would cost to have them printed?

• Like 3