Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

SquirminThurman
On 9/3/2024 at 2:56 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Y'know, I kinda get where he's coming from.

Some people genuinely feel they need to blow things up when they start to feel complacent. I'm not gonna get on Diggs, even if he's the guy who catches the game-ending TD when we play the Texans, and he prances around with his "I'm him" shit.

In the end, to me, the most telling part of this entire exchange, came from Josh, when he was asked if he missed having Diggs in camp. 

And I want to remind everyone who is unsure about the impact of losing Diggs; The dude had 1 touchdown in the final games, and post season, of last year, which was equal to the number of critical drops he had.

I'm in the same place. Dude is 30, the Bills have been going backwards and he is emotional.

Doesn't mean I have to like it as a fan, but I get it. Houston is the next 'rising star' of the AFC, and Diggs wants a shot.

That said he checked out the last 1/2 season he was here. I do wish Buffalo did better replacing him or Davis. I wish they had went after Tyler Boyd instead of the shotgun approach of a lot of mid and worse than mid guys. The cost would have probably been about the same. Boyd is a #2 option at this point, but a good one. His catch to help Buffalo break the drought was karma, but nope.

No one is going to care about Mack Hollin's toes when he gets 30 for 400 and 1-2 TD on the season.

I'm ok with Samuel, but Boyd was right there for the taking. At worst an improvement over Davis, and then let your rookie try to establish being the WR #1 with a solid WR#2, WR#3 (Shakir) and TE.

Hoping for the best, but feeling uneasy.

• Like 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Ann said:

here's hoping Sauce feels disrespected and immediately holds out for equal money

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

IDBillzFan
3 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

I'm in the same place. Dude is 30, the Bills have been going backwards and he is emotional.

Doesn't mean I have to like it as a fan, but I get it. Houston is the next 'rising star' of the AFC, and Diggs wants a shot.

That said he checked out the last 1/2 season he was here. I do wish Buffalo did better replacing him or Davis. I wish they had went after Tyler Boyd instead of the shotgun approach of a lot of mid and worse than mid guys. The cost would have probably been about the same. Boyd is a #2 option at this point, but a good one. His catch to help Buffalo break the drought was karma, but nope.

No one is going to care about Mack Hollin's toes when he gets 30 for 400 and 1-2 TD on the season.

I'm ok with Samuel, but Boyd was right there for the taking. At worst an improvement over Davis, and then let your rookie try to establish being the WR #1 with a solid WR#2, WR#3 (Shakir) and TE.

Hoping for the best, but feeling uneasy.

This is the beauty of being a complete homer. I know there's nothing I can do about the situation, and I know that even if I DIDN'T like where things were going, my yelling and screaming and calling for heads to roll is second only to my time wasted trying to make the perfect souffle.

My sense and hope is that what I am reading about 'everyone eats' is what we see early on. Not feeding a number one or number two, but more sets with extra TEs, quick passes, and maybe even some more successful screens like we saw in preseason where Allen hits a slot receiver on the run.

In other words, Mack Hollins does get 30 for 400, but so do a few other guys; Knox, Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman, Cook, Samuel. Maybe Coleman ultimately takes the top off of things. Everyone eats, is what I've heard, and that is much more appealing to me than always wondering why he tried to force one to Diggs again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

That said he checked out the last 1/2 season he was here.

The Bills went 5-4 when he was “checked in” and 6-2 when he was “checked out”.  Good that they got a second round pick for him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is the beauty of being a complete homer. I know there's nothing I can do about the situation, and I know that even if I DIDN'T like where things were going, my yelling and screaming and calling for heads to roll is second only to my time wasted trying to make the perfect souffle.

My sense and hope is that what I am reading about 'everyone eats' is what we see early on. Not feeding a number one or number two, but more sets with extra TEs, quick passes, and maybe even some more successful screens like we saw in preseason where Allen hits a slot receiver on the run.

In other words, Mack Hollins does get 30 for 400, but so do a few other guys; Knox, Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman, Cook, Samuel. Maybe Coleman ultimately takes the top off of things. Everyone eats, is what I've heard, and that is much more appealing to me than always wondering why he tried to force one to Diggs again.

We were the number 1 rushing team after Brady took over the OC position last year. It is no coincidence that we went 6-1 to finish out the year.

Get ready for more of the same. We are going to run the &#%$ out of the ball this year. 

Not having to force the ball in the passing game, coupled with an effective run game is going to be the bread and butter of this year's team.

Kincaid, Shakir, Cook out of the backfield, along with an effective run game, is a winning strategy. Those three have sure hands and should get plenty of YAC.

We need to employ Coleman, Hollins and Samuel in spots where their skill sets are utilized to the utmost.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

strange to pay homage to 3 Mile Island and the Twin Towers

That's clearly Chernobyl, not Three Mile Island, you &#%$ing idiot.

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
17 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

No, Kincaid should have 1000 easy. Knox at least 800

• Like 2