Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Which Drivers Really Piss You Off?

Keukasmallie

Ninety-4
On 4/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, snafu said:

I hate the dipshits who stop in the road (not at an intersection) to waive someone on to make a left turn in front of them, or allow pedestrians to cross, or whatever "nice" thing they think they're doing.  How many times I've seen accidents or near accidents result from their "thoughtfulness".

This is my greatest driving peeve and I think we've now reached the tipping point where more than half will stop at a cross walk not controlled by any traffic device when peds or bikers are waiting to enter the crosswalk.  That has led to peds and bikers now crossing roads and EXPECTING cars to stop for them which would otherwise mow them down.    

Ninety-4
On 5/6/2024 at 10:30 AM, Wacka said:

Somone wearing a mask in their car may be me.  I had a kidney transplant  on Valentines Day and  still have to wear mask in public until June 1 (hopefully). I usually take it off as I get in the car, but if I am going across the street to continue my shopping, I will either  pull it down to my chin or leave  it up.

Hope you're doing well.  

Ninety-4
On 3/8/2024 at 5:47 PM, KD in CA said:

My car already tells my phone where's it parked, so given newer cars are already trackable, I imagine this is coming down the pike sooner or later whether we like it or not.

On the bright side, we probably won't need to stick those EZ-Pass tags on the dashboard anymore either.

All new cars have data loggers that store all kinds of data.  Various vehicle dynamics such as speed and brake application and lat/long G's and several other fields are recorded.  This can be used in accident investigations now.  Total nanny state.  

• Boo 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Hope you're doing well.  

Do not need to wear a mask in public anymore. The docs want me to  carry a mask in case I see a sick person and to carry one in cold ad flu season.  Also can attend smaller  get-togethers (like 15-20 people).

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

7 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

All new cars have data loggers that store all kinds of data.  Various vehicle dynamics such as speed and brake application and lat/long G's and several other fields are recorded.  This can be used in accident investigations now.  Total nanny state.  

I’ve read articles where insurance companies have used this data to raise your rates. If you brake hard, accelerate fast etc… some have been jacking up rates because some car companies have been providing insurance companies with the data.

Once I had kids tailgaters piss me off! I got to the point where I would just pull over and let them go by. If they are that close it should be easy to see all the kids in the vehicle and back off. 

I got a small bit of revenge once (hate to call it revenge but can’t think of a better word) I was in my work van and I slowed to make a left and I got rear ended. I get out and go to the car behind me to see if they are ok, the lady is holding lip stick in her hand and crying. I just went back to my van laughing inside. I had a solid Steele bumper, it dented some but the front of her car got the worst of it.

Back off lots of kids in in vehicles out there.

devnull
8 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’ve read articles where insurance companies have used this data to raise your rates. If you brake hard, accelerate fast etc… some have been jacking up rates because some car companies have been providing insurance companies with the data.

Data loggers in cars

GPS Speed limit maps

I wonder what comes next... :think:

Taro T
4 hours ago, devnull said:

Data loggers in cars

GPS Speed limit maps

I wonder what comes next... :think:

Go back to driving my '94 pretty much full time (well, when the weather doesn't suck at least; no need for it to be near road salt).

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

driving_psa.png

This PSA brought to you by several would-be assassins who tried to wave me in front of speeding cars in the last month and who will have to try harder next time.

• Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

Fansince88
On 6/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

driving_psa.png

This is the one thing I watch for when someone waves me past.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
ExiledInIllinois
On 6/7/2024 at 2:42 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

driving_psa.png

I got in an accident like that when I was 20. Didn't know any better. I lived.  Everyone's loss! 😆 

ExiledInIllinois
On 6/9/2024 at 7:41 PM, Fansince88 said:

This is the one thing I watch for when someone waves me past.

I do too, now! 

bdutton

Oracle JDBC Oracle Driver version 8.0.  This one really pisses me off.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

devnull

Parking lot assh*le

I'm pulling into a straight line spot between two cars.  Car parked across from one of the cars to my side backs up just enough to turn into the spot across from where I am pulling into so dipshit can shortcut thru instead of driving to the end the row. 

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler

The kind that cuts me off when no one is behind me for a thousand yards and then drives 10mph slower than I was going. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Looks like this is covered but ill add that I also dont get how on interstates if theres a line of cars and we are all doing the same speed, the fact I put 30 yards between me and the 18 wheeler in front of me upsets the guy behind me. Which usually leads to him going around me on the right and squeezing in between me and the truck...and now theres 10 yards between the three of us. Becuase THAT'S safe. 

And cyclists. Hate them. A lot. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Looks like this is covered but ill add that I also dont get how on interstates if theres a line of cars and we are all doing the same speed, the fact I put 30 yards between me and the 18 wheeler in front of me upsets the guy behind me. Which usually leads to him going around me on the right and squeezing in between me and the truck...and now theres 10 yards between the three of us. Becuase THAT'S safe. 

Every time I see a cyclist stop at a stop sign, I stop and thank them.

I've done that twice in five years.

• Like 1

Fansince88
2 hours ago, RkFast said:

Bicyclists or motorcyclist?

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Bicyclists or motorcyclist?

I assumed he meant bicyclists.

I don't hate motorcyclists.  Even the idiots on rice rockets, lane splitting at 110 in a 55 in heavy traffic, I don't hate, on the principle De mortius nil nisi bonum dicendum est.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I assumed he meant bicyclists.

I don't hate motorcyclists.  Even the idiots on rice rockets, lane splitting at 110 in a 55 in heavy traffic, I don't hate, on the principle De mortius nil nisi bonum dicendum est.

My DIL is a neurological ICU nurse. She has seen things. There is a reason they are called donorcycles. 😞  If I could drive in a tank, I would. 

• Like 1