Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat 2024

IDBillzFan

Many are predictably trying to make the case that this is a bad look for Miami-Dade police, but, if this were anyone else and the cop said to lower your window and you refused to lower your window, they'd get the very the same treatment and should. They have no idea what's on the other side of your tinted window, bro.

"CALL DREW!"

Idiot.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha 2

Fansince88
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Many are predictably trying to make the case that this is a bad look for Miami-Dade police, but, if this were anyone else and the cop said to lower your window and you refused to lower your window, they'd get the very the same treatment and should. They have no idea what's on the other side of your time window, bro.

"CALL DREW!"

Idiot.

Dont see an issue. Roll your window down and you ignore him. Out of rhe car and you ignore him. Other guy, get in your car and you ignore him. Then argue when asked for your license. People are stupid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Many are predictably trying to make the case that this is a bad look for Miami-Dade police, but, if this were anyone else and the cop said to lower your window and you refused to lower your window, they'd get the very the same treatment and should. They have no idea what's on the other side of your tinted window, bro.

"CALL DREW!"

Idiot.

Don't know what differences there are in the law between FLA and NYS, but in NYS you are under no obligation to roll down your window any further than is necessary to hand the officer your drivers license.

You also are not obligated to have a conversation with the police officer.  Simple 'yes, sir' or 'no, sir' is good enough.

You'll walk away with a ticket for what the officer pulled you over for, but you shouldn't end up with anything added to it.

Cop can't pull you out of the car for not lowering your window or refusing to hold a conversation without some other probable cause of an infraction that rises above a traffic violation.

Again, FLA, CA, or ID could operate significantly different than how NYS does things.

Sig1Hunter
5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't know what differences there are in the law between FLA and NYS, but in NYS you are under no obligation to roll down your window any further than is necessary to hand the officer your drivers license.

You also are not obligated to have a conversation with the police officer.  Simple 'yes, sir' or 'no, sir' is good enough.

You'll walk away with a ticket for what the officer pulled you over for, but you shouldn't end up with anything added to it.

Cop can't pull you out of the car for not lowering your window or refusing to hold a conversation without some other probable cause of an infraction that rises above a traffic violation.

Again, FLA, CA, or ID could operate significantly different than how NYS does things.

No, Florida is the same. If Tyreek refused to identify himself, then the cop is within his right to insist the window be down to obtain the drivers license. As IDBF pointed out, darkly tinted windows also create an officer safety concern which can be a basis for them to either insist the windows be down or you to be out of the car. I’m not happy with either look (Tyreeks or the cops) in the video. They both played a role in escalation. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 3

IDBillzFan
11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My wife makes the same argument. 

Maybe I just hate thugs who beat up their pregnant girlfriends.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

"It's probably racism"

I'd love to hear the NAACP weigh in on this.

One place I read he was going 125 in a 35.  If that's true, they can give him a smack or two and take him straight to jail for all I care.

• Like 1

Chandemonium
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

"It's probably racism"

I'd love to hear the NAACP weigh in on this.

One place I read he was going 125 in a 35.  If that's true, they can give him a smack or two and take him straight to jail for all I care.

I’m not sure where exactly he was pulled or how the roads around the dolphins stadium lay out, but from what I understand he was pretty close to the stadium and if it’s anything like getting to the Ralph I’m not sure how one even goes 125 in a 35 on a gameday morning.

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
30 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I’m not sure where exactly he was pulled or how the roads around the dolphins stadium lay out, but from what I understand he was pretty close to the stadium and if it’s anything like getting to the Ralph I’m not sure how one even goes 125 in a 35 on a gameday morning.

It's not anything like Orchard Park and he was driving a McLaren supercar, which can get to that speed in about 1200 feet from a dead stop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
52 minutes ago, Taro T said:

True, that said, when the officer comes to my car door and my window is already down, my license is in my hand along with my postol permit and I make him aware my handgun is in the center console it always  goes well for me. Usually thank you for that info followed with a have a good day and drive safely. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

True, that said, when the officer comes to my car door and my window is already down, my license is in my hand along with my postol permit and I make him aware my handgun is in the center console it always  goes well for me. Usually thank you for that info followed with a have a good day and drive safely. 

Do you tell them about the people tied up in the trunk ?

• Haha 3

Here's another video from the officer at the window of the car.  Notice that Tyreek was driving with window open and then closes window as officer approaches the car.  Tyreek then refuses various requests.  Officer estimates 60MPH in what looks like a construction zone.  Various teammates enter the fray and also refuse officer directions.

• Like 1

The officer letting him go play football after this stop is “rich athlete privilege.” Reckless driving, non compliance (the darkly tinted windows), etc.  depending on if he went over 50mph over before, he could have been charged with a felony. 

From the Dolphins

• Popcorn 1

Fansince88
7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Do you tell them about the people tied up in the trunk ?

Look over here, not over there...lol

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Used to have my license and registration ready...until a cop pulled his weapon on me, because he couldn't see my hands when he was approaching the vehicle.

Now I just turn the radio off, put the window down, and keep my hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 until he asks me for the information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IDBillzFan
9 hours ago, Ann said:

The officer letting him go play football after this stop is “rich athlete privilege.” Reckless driving, non compliance (the darkly tinted windows), etc.  depending on if he went over 50mph over before, he could have been charged with a felony. 

From the Dolphins

"What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill?" is a question that will carry with resounding impact.

Easy. If it wasn't Tyreek Hill, the police would not have automatically assumed that the person they pulled over has a history of violence after beating his pregnant girlfriend and assaulting service people because he feels entitled.

But no. Tyreek is fast, and he takes backflip selfies, so a history of violent behavior doesn't matter to the Fish or the NFL.

• Like 1

Fansince88
31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Used to have my license and registration ready...until a cop pulled his weapon on me, because he couldn't see my hands when he was approaching the vehicle.

Now I just turn the radio off, put the window down, and keep my hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 until he asks me for the information.

That would make you gun shy.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yep.

And before I move my hands, I tell the officer that I'm getting my wallet out of my pocket because that's where my license and registration are.

• Like 1